You get to design/build a new club in Ibiza...

elmooreo

Might have been done before, feel free to shoot me down in flames if so!

All this talk of Space closing and possible new projects got me thinking....if you were going to have a new club on the island what would your priorities be???

Where will it be on the island?
What is it called?
How big is it?
Music policy for the your big night?
Resident dj's?
What is unique about your club?

Disregard any laws on opening hours, sound constraints etc...

My club would be somewhere near the salt planes - nice and near salinas for an early start on the beach after a big night...

Music would be eclectic and diverse, funk & soul, detroit techno, disco, house in all it's beautiful forms....I'd love to have gerd janson involved as a resident and also would try and have island dj's playing regularly...Jon Sa Trinxa and Alfredo would be first choices. Guests would include Floating Points, Marcus Worgull, Koze, Move D, Andrew Weatherall, Derrick May...

There would have to be some kind of outdoors area hopefully with a path leading down to the sea so that there could be sunset/sunrise sets or failing that a terrace with natural light in the evening and early morning. Club would be one very dark room, minimal lights, room for about 500 at capacity and a big system with all the bells and whistles.

What is unique about it? No VIP, we only serve hierbas, cold beer, fanta limon, water and mojitos at the bar. Door tax no more than €15. Open all year around.

Only thing I am stuck on is the name....something cheesy/spanish maybe...."Cielo" or "laguna"...something like that...

What do you lot think?

Ok ok maybe not as good a thread as I thought on a boring Friday afternoon at work! I'll get my coat...

Where : Positioned nicely on hillside somewhere around San Joan well out of the way.

What is it called : Eivissia.

How big is it : 1000 capacity and not a penny more. 3 rooms only. Indoor,terrace and rooftop chillout.

Music Policy : Strictly house : Light during the daytime, dark during the evening and ambient on the rooftop ( no need for any big names, ibizan residents will do just fine ).

Resident DJ's ( see above ).

What is unique about your club : Strategically placed so the whole place illuminates at sunrise ( see warung beach ). Door policy = attitude stays at the door. Camera's only on the rooftop. Free taxi service with tickets ( ticket only event ). Starts 10am and runs for 24 hours one day a week.

like the idea about the above club, with the exception of it being up in san joan. please leave the north as it is, it's sort of the last refuge for quiet & silence on the island in the summer months and I'd really hate to see this change!

Where : Positioned nicely on hillside somewhere around San Joan well out of the way.

What is it called : Eivissia.

How big is it : 1000 capacity and not a penny more. 3 rooms only. Indoor,terrace and rooftop chillout.

Music Policy : Strictly house : Light during the daytime, dark during the evening and ambient on the rooftop ( no need for any big names, ibizan residents will do just fine ).

Resident DJ's ( see above ).

What is unique about your club : Strategically placed so the whole place illuminates at sunrise ( see warung beach ). Door policy = attitude stays at the door. Camera's only on the rooftop. Free taxi service with tickets ( ticket only event ). Starts 10am and runs for 24 hours one day a week.

Convert the villa Casa D'Inspiracion in Es Cubells for this. I'd come.

Where: Somewhere by the ocean, cliffs or beach, far away from any neighbors with a view of a sunrise
Name: Pipeline
Size: 2000-3000k people
Music: House, Techno
DJs/Parties: Solomun, Cocoon, Elrow, Innervisions
About the club: Similar to the OP, easy access to the beach. There would be an indoor club for night and open air part for early morning madness into the early afternoon. Direct views of the sunrise. DJ booths that are elevated but connected with the crowd so the people in front of the booth blend in with the people behind it. A no camera policy. And of course, enough NO2 cannons to freeze the Sahara.

what is that new club in ibiza where you hear ads sometimes at global ?
don´t understand the strange name - starts with an "A".
something like "Atrepete" ?

Where will it be: Between San Rafael & San Antonio

What is it called: Sonreir (Which is Spanish for smile)

How big is it: 1,500 people approx

Music Policy: I would open 7 nights a week with, a variety of music genre, Tech House, Old skool Trance, Minimal Techno, Deep House, Disco, House, 90s dance.

Resident DJs: See above all the big name djs that play to that music genre. With some local talent from all over the world thrown into it aswell.

About the club: my club night will start from Midnight - 8am. midweek only providing the suits allows it. If not normal closing time. On sundays it will open 4pm - 9am with plenty of variety of music to keep you going through the afternoon till night where the main acts start. (This is where food will be provided)

All people entering will be able to have free drugs test kits to get your gear tested by our fantastic security.

It will have 4 rooms,

Discoteca
Main Room
Terrace
Chill Out zone

The chill out zone will be what it says, chilled beats with plenty of big beds to sit on, this will be outside under a mesh.

People will be allowed to smoke, their will also be local BBQ food, or local food dishes, (Sundays only) bars, toilets. For the chill out beds there will be a 30 minute sit down before being told to accomodate for other people so the area is not at a standstill.

There will also be free taxi service from the event to anyother destination.

Tickets: €30

Drinks will be: Beer €4 mixer €6 water €2

Food will be free.

Mobile phones will also be banned and this will be displayed on your ticket.

Now time to put the lottery on :lol:

Back