Yotel or Sofitel?

Beckiboo

Got an early morning flight from Gatwick soon (5.50am) so looking at hotels in the airport. Got two options:

Yotel - cabins actually inside the North terminal. £60 for a large single (will fit two adults "cosily").

Sofitel - standard room for the night £100

I'll be there from about 9pm - 4.30am.

Is it worth splashing out the extra cash and starting the holiday early? Or shall I go with the budget (but maybe more uncomfortable) option and save the cash for dinner/booze?

Oh and if anyone has ever stayed in a Yotel please give your opinion! :D

Are you going from home? Are going to the airport so early so as to catch the train before it stops running? Or is this just a connecting flight?

I ask because it sounds like it'd be cheaper to just order a car from home and arrive for the flight. I'm sure you can get transfers for 60 quid :confused:

My flight leaves at 5.50am on the Friday. I'll be working in London on the Thursday so ideally need somewhere to get my head down at Gatwick for the night.
Thought about driving but the parking costs will be quite high for 9 nights, plus if I stayed at home I'd have to get up about 3am to drive to Gatwick!

Got an early morning flight from Gatwick soon (5.50am) so looking at hotels in the airport. Got two options:

Yotel - cabins actually inside the North terminal. £60 for a large single (will fit two adults "cosily").

Sofitel - standard room for the night £100

I'll be there from about 9pm - 4.30am.

Is it worth splashing out the extra cash and starting the holiday early? Or shall I go with the budget (but maybe more uncomfortable) option and save the cash for dinner/booze?

Oh and if anyone has ever stayed in a Yotel please give your opinion! :D

Funny enough I did both for my miami trip in march, Sofitel going, and Yotel coming back (hadnt slept for 3 nights and had a 6 hour stoppover)

For that time of the morning I'd go Yotel and save the money. The cabins are great, decent wifi, very clean, great shower and a LCD tv at the foot of your bed. Oh and pitch black and very quiet (which I was suprised about.

I set my alarm for 15 mins before I wanted to leave, got up, had a nice shower then walked striaght into the terminal.

One word of warning, as its limited space if your packing alot of bags its a tight squeeze or you have to pay to store.

Hope this helps.

Yeah it does, cheers. I'm leaning towards the Yotel anyway, just because for 6hrs in a hotel I want it to be as cheap and as location perfect as possible, and to actually sleep inside the terminal seems pretty unbeatable! Plus the cabins look really cool :p

Bear in mind the single yotel is VERY cosy ;)

I'd go with the Yotel, or try LastMinute.com, I found a 'secret hotel' on there for the Gatwick hilton, £40 quid for the night, bargain!

Back