Xmas in Ibiza

Robder

Anyone done this?

Best places to stay? Stuff to do? Insider info? Etc?

It's currently under consideration (lack of Covid restrictions permitting).

That sounds fun.

I don't know the traditions of Ibiza. Here the you see different approaches to holiday décor, and I have a distinct appreciation for that - especially Christmas lights!

When I think about Christmas out of context, it's just another holiday. Then, I think of course about its religious origins. And finally (usually around Halloween - is it next week? when inevitably some marketing campaign emerges...) I think about the my interpretation of the real messages around the holidays... giving, and sharing, and giving thanks, etc.

Those things are not foreign to the clubland that I know & revere! No... We have our PLUR (Peace, Love, Unity, & Respect) which may be a sort of American ignorance... :rolleyes: But in some circles has its meaning, traditions, and value.

But to your question, I say this: I think holiday travel sounds like a marvelous idea! It may be logistically challenging though if everyone else has the same idea and you all go to the airport at the same time*

I really enjoyed December last year. A few christmassy things to do throughout the month and plenty of places doing Christmas dinner if you don’t want to do it yourself.

Was beautifully sunny last year on Christmas Day 😍

Thanks all! Can anyone tell me where the most vibrant area to stay is around that time?

I'm guessing tourist spots will be dead and given most locals tend to live in places like Santa Eulalia, would this be worth a look?...Or perhaps Figueretas/Ibiza Town way might be best.

Aaaaaand flights are looking to be around £500 (before all the added charges)...so I'm not sure the Xmas elves are bestowing many gifts from the Balearics.

I guess I could fly from Majorca - cheap but feels a bit extreme.

Will sleep on it anyway. Ta all!

Aaaaaand flights are looking to be around £500 (before all the added charges)...so I'm not sure the Xmas elves are bestowing many gifts from the Balearics.

I guess I could fly from Majorca - cheap but feels a bit extreme.

Will sleep on it anyway. Ta all!
Barcelona then ferry?

Nah... You fly it from Lennon. Or Heathrow. Or MIA, LAX, whichever. I think there's a John Wayne joke in there somewhere...

In booking a flight recently I discovered 1) the combo I had initially purchased (hotel + flight) was not the cheapest deal to be had, no... They were simply masquerading as such. I then was farting about on tripadvisor where I stumbled across I forget how many dollars in savings to be had for the same hotel stay. Then I booked the flight with the airline for the identical price charged by the combo-company... :confused:

2) My travel insurance would have been several dollars cheaper had I been paying attention that day in homeroom.

3) the airline then proceeded to refund me for the initial ticket purchased... I promptly spent the money repaying debts - how responsible of me.

4) the airline then retrieved its refund from my bank account overdrawing it massively and requiring me to pull a few strings to cover the error.

You see, even when the airline owes you nothing, they can issue a "refund". And if you, like me do not realize what the actual hell $800 is doing in your account you'll proceed to responsibly pay your debts at which time they will be greenlighted to retrieve their refund that they didn't owe you to begin with. ;)

SO the lesson to be had here is go first to every travel website. Open several tabs in your browser and make an art project of the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong - there are extraordinary savings to be had by bundling*. Just take that with a grain of salt... You may still find Trivago has Priceline over the barrel, or that on that particular day tripadvisor has consolidated every travel deal at your destination into one easy-to-read web article.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of anywhere Talamanca / Marina Botafoch open on Christmas Day? Don’t necessarily need a festive menu - I’ve just decided I CBA to cook.

Back