would a club/club night playing older house/trance ie 97-2003 still work in ibiza?

im sure some here will agree that alot of the music from the late 90´s to early 2000´s was a major time in ibiza.. alot of music from that time still hits hard today..

so do people think a night playing the sounds from that time would still work in ibiza?

im sure there are DJ´s that would love to crack open some of their older record boxes for a croud that wanted to hear some classic tunes..

maybe someone is doing this already??

i agree it was a big time, but not sure a proper "remember" night would work.

definitely cool though when dj's play some old classics very late in the night!

Me and a couple of mates were discussing this the other week. We were having a laugh listening to Kevin and Perry in the car.

i suggested that +5/-5 night around 2000 would be amazing, but the others were not so sure. They said its just a generation thing

we were the last people going out of Space (manumission after - about 4pm i think) and it was a tune from Madonna (dont recall, cant believe I was dancing to it!) We spoke to DJ (????!!!) and went to a party in a villa overlooking san antonio actually. but for my fife, cant recall the tune! It is funny as i can be sitting at my desk and till humm it!

we were the last people going out of Space (manumission after - about 4pm i think) and it was a tune from Madonna (dont recall, cant believe I was dancing to it!) We spoke to DJ (????!!!) and went to a party in a villa overlooking san antonio actually. but for my fife, cant recall the tune! It is funny as i can be sitting at my desk and till humm it!

its funny you mention madonna.

scuba (the techno /bass/house dj, producer/record label boss and promoter of a night in berghain) has a habit of finishing his sets with Madonna - Vogue these days.

class.

madonna - lucky star, i always loved as well.

as for a night for that particular period (2000ish), if themed correctly i dont see why it wouldnt work on a monthly basis & if targetting older clubbers

Last edited by a moderator:
I always loved the Above and Beyond remix of For a Girl. I remember PVD dropping it at Homelands and the tent going wild.

I'm looking for old school House too...
Check marcolocoibiza FB he play old school (2000-2003) house 8)

17 june @ JAG . Jamie lewis & Inaky Garcia :)

The superclub era of trance,

if there was such a night, i'd be there!

hands in the air, reach for the lazers and all that.

its funny you mention madonna.

scuba (the techno /bass/house dj, producer/record label boss and promoter of a night in berghain) has a habit of finishing his sets with Madonna - Vogue these days.

class.

You hear all sorts of things in Panorama Bar and masses of classics on a Monday morning final stretch. It's as much about time, place & context as anything. Gerd Janson dropping the original of Adamski ft. Seal - Killer to close gone noon on a Monday lunchtime couple of Decembers ago after being in Berghain for the best part of 24 hours (barring a scurry out the night before to find proper food) could only be described as quite a climax !

The superclub era of trance,

if there was such a night, i'd be there!

hands in the air, reach for the lazers and all that.

+1

Classic era for me. Above & Beyond, Thrillseekers, PVD, Matt Darey, Push, Sasha, ATB, York...... bring it on.

Back