Wot a weekend - 16th-19th Sept

janineee

Well here goes………Ibiza 2004 was like this -

Flew from Manchester, was soooo excited waiting to check in. Once checked in, headed straight for the bar and parked ourselves there & drinking and smiling knowing what was to come and that we’d be there v v v soon. Got on the plane and it was like the whole plane was in the same mood that we were, the vibe was excellent. Drinks were flowing and everyone was in high spirits. Midway through the flight I realised the whole plane was drinking red wine as it was all they had left! The plane had been drank dry!! We landed at 8.20pm and by 8.40 we were in a taxi to San An and no need to tell the driver to put his foot down as he was doing that already. Texted friends who were still waiting to take off at Coventry airport – just to rub it in!! Was soon checked into the Hotel Pacific and off to the shop to get the mandatory litre of vodka and water for the morning. Back at the Hotel, shared our music with everyone whilst we got changed. Headed off to Bar M and straight away got our tickets for Cream closing @ amnesia. After that we secured our prescriptions for the hol and danced for about 4 hours …….seriously don’t even remember how we got to amnesia…..sure we shared a taxi as keep getting flashbacks of had a really nice couple looking at each other as if to say ‘how the hell did we end up in a taxi with these loons’ lol
Got in amnesia and loved it, it was one of those nights where you keep looking at each other with smiles so wide that just say ‘ this is friggin ace!!’ To be honest, the djs weren’t all that but we were here in Ibiza and just lovin every second. Peeps kept tryin to shove past but I was going nowhere and stayed givin it loads till the bitter end. Somewhere along the way in my haze I lost my bag (this is a regular occurance & my flashbacks tell me I simply got sick of carrying it and put it down on the floor – oops!!) Anyway minus my bag ( which means 100 euros, a camera, brand new bag and all my make up!) I leave with a gorgeous cockney who assures me it doesn’t matter that I don’t have any money!! End up in a really posh resort somewhere on the bay for desert of nose candy and………J At 11am realise that I stupidly left my mates at some point – when…. I cant pin down and realise I’ve got to get back. Gorgeous cockney had flaked by this point so had no option but to help myself to some more nose candy & cash for the taxi ride and head off into the lovely glorious morning sun. Got some lovely glares off the maids but didn’t care…….was grinning from ear to ear. Hopped back into the hotel to the room and found my mate comatosed alone L Realised one of us was missing so phoned him ‘yeh babe I’m alrite, at Kanya, get down here, its f*****g top’. Woke j up and we got our bikinis on and straight to Kanya we went…………WOW soon as we got there we realised it was gonna be a good day. No loungers left in a decent place so we just plonked our towels on the floor by the pool. Spent the whole day lying in the scorching sun, drinking too much alcohol and dropped too many thrills. Kept getting rushes that kicked me off my towel and made me actually dance in a bikini (arrgghh-the thought!) By 6pm, was so dehydrated felt like a supermodel J Started to walk back to the hotel but one of us couldn’t even make it up the ramp off the beach - nipped back to order a taxi (quickly before we had to order an ambulance!) I felt the need to walk and enjoy the evening sun beat down on my wasted body. By the time we reached the hotel I was really struggling to remember the whole left foot right foot sequence and we stumbled past a very amused receptionist into the lift. Fell into the room as Michael Gray – The Weekend was playing and realised I could not waste valuable partying time sleeping. I knew if I went asleep I wouldn’t wake till tomorrow so some nose candy and a few vodkas aided me in making me feel presentable enough to stroll down to Bar M. We got there and ordered cocktails, then just sat there……….was so mashed I couldn’t even speak and looking at my mate, the feeling was mutual. Left our drinks and headed off to get a smoke, practically crawled back to the room enticed by the bed beggin me! Half a spliff later I was dead.

Woke in the exact same position I has died in to hear choons being pumped out by my friends who had had the common sense to stay in the previous night. Came to life very quickly and threw my stuff into my bag to head for PDB. Jumped in a taxi and was soon at the Dausol apts. Dumped our stuff and headed straight to the beach to lie on loungers in front of the Jet apts. Decent tunes could be heard but they just needed to be turned up a couple of notches…….I so nearly went and asked them to but was pinned down! (RIP Bora Bora!) When the sun disappeared we moved to stools at the now silent Bora Bora. Still had a laugh though – aided by the vodka & oranges which should have been served in gold rimmed glasses judging by the bloody price. Started to get cold so headed back to get ready for our main night – Hed Kandi @ El Divino. Realised at that point that we hadn’t ate since we arrived 2 days ago & thought in the interests of basic survival it would probably be a good idea. Ate the most gorgeous meal at the restaurant under the apts (we really couldn’t be bothered going in search of food)….thinking about it, I was that starving anything would have tasted good!! Spanish omelette in body I headed off to get ready -this was the night we’d come for - wehey was soooo excited. Blasted the tunes and danced round the apartment like idiots…..by the time we got out it was gone 1pm which meant it was too late to go to Base bar. Bought tickets on the main road for Hed Kandi and Space and then straight to El Divino. Didn’t have to queue very long and we got in and it was rockin…..so much so you couldn’t even bloody rock….forget sardines, this was stupidly packed! Only option was the still packed terrace. Spent half an hour queuing at the bar looking at the VIPs on the other side of the rope sat sipping drinks. Really p****d us off that, as 80% looked like competition winners and didn’t seem to give a damn about the night. Double round of drinks (& small mortgage later) we headed back in to find a suitable podium. Danced my arse off all night until I looked like a drowned bloody rat – wasn’t that bothered cos so did everyone else. Had an ace nite despite the fact it was so packed. Stayed till we practically got kicked out and headed back to the apts. Had a smoke and died. We’d been ambitious in setting the alarm for 12.30 …………. started comin round at about 3.30 to that horrid der der der alarm noise which had been goin off next to my head for 3hrs……….was still in the position I had died in, head wedged in the arm of the living room sofa ……arrgghh we’ve overslept was the first thought that came into my head. Can’t believe I was so brain dead had slept through 3 hours of an alarm going off next to my head! Felt awful, like my head just wasn’t mine (????) Fell into the shower and knowing it had to be done switched it on freezing cold – OMG OMG!! Thank God I was actually alive and the most awake I could expect to be considering the severe sleep deprivation, alcohol consumption and thrill taking I had subjected my body to! All legged it round the apts like idiots and threw our stuff into our bags as we were flying home that nite. Helped myself to a chocolate vodka for breakfast (to be recommended!) and some of the dwindling supplies of little fellas and within 20 mins was raring to go. 5 minutes walk later we were queuing to get in and before we knew it we were in. This was what Sundays were made for, bouncing round in hotpants & flipflops (NEVER to be repeated in the UK!) Had an ace time, kept topping up until my body was like – no more plz! Didn’t budge until it we knew it was a matter of missing check in if we didn’t. By 11 we knew we really couldn’t put it off any longer and we had to leave L legged it back to pick up our already packed bags and jumped in a taxi to the airport

The lovely plastic seats in the airport were just soooo inviting, didn’t care about getting on the flight just needed to be horizontal. Crashed out so badly had to be waken by a very nice lad who assisted us in stumbling through passport control and finding our flight. Once we were on the flight we just simply used our trays as very uncomfortable pillows.

Wot a weekend J hehe!

Back