working for a whole year

S

squilbert

Hi everyone
I know this forum is supposed to be about just summer work (there doesn't seem to be much other work in ibiza anyway) but I figure its the best place to ask a few questions. I graduate this summer and am thinking of taking a year or so off before I start my career (whatever the hell thats gonna be!). Since I've been to ibiza the last 3 years on holiday and always fancied working the summer now seems like the ideal time. However, now I don't just wanna work a pr or bar job for the summer I fancy staying for about a year or so.
My questions are then what are the chances of getting a job for this long? And what type of work is available? I was thinking if there is some kind of english language newspaper or something similar which would be ideal as it is an area of work I'm interested in. (Also my spanish is only at beginners level).
Any thoughts or suggestions on what my chances are?

Cheers for that idea.
I'd never really thought of building work before which could be useful as my first summer job was spent on a building site. I ain't a qualified brickie like yourself (I was just a lowly labourer) but its something else I can look into.

yes there will be plenty of work like that going mate cos ibiza is exsdending all the time !!

do you have a job yet then if not what are you looking for

Na mate, no job yet. Only really just come up with this idea and since I don't graduate till June then I doubt i'll be able to make it this summer since I'm gonna have to get a temp job here in the UK in order to afford to go. Gonna try my best though and maybe get out for the close of season then just try finding something over the winter.

Back