Wmc 2008

CruMster

Hi guys im looking to go to Miami for the WMC 2008, never been before but heard so many good things about it gotta give it a go coz otherwise winters gonna be far too long waiting for ibiza season again :)

From those that have been can anyone gimme some info about what area to stay and where all the best parties happen? also when in march do u think itll all kick off. Cheers

Hi guys im looking to go to Miami for the WMC 2008, never been before but heard so many good things about it gotta give it a go coz otherwise winters gonna be far too long waiting for ibiza season again :)

From those that have been can anyone gimme some info about what area to stay and where all the best parties happen? also when in march do u think itll all kick off. Cheers

Do a search....;)

Had a friend who went last year.

Had a good time but be warned - Its not like Ibiza in terms of you buy a ticket and get in. Is a real hassle getting into the best parties and defo has less hedonistic vibe and more of a posey and "in the know" vibe from what I have been told.

Having said that it is a lot better than the pretentiousness that is Miami on a normal weekend - house music has that effect on people but still no Ibiza.

Would rather go to a more unhibited party place in S America during the winter months if it were I!

Best area is South Beach, Art-Decò District... many parties, many hotels and u can easily move on foot...
Best parties and tickets... well, just wait for the WMC08 website and register there (last year cost 199 USD - 153 EUR by end of october): they'll keep u updated on all parties and will give u free (or reduced) access to most parties, UMF included ;)

I would definatly go to WMC if I was you. It is the closest thing you can find to Ibiza. It can be a bit pretentious depending on what club you go to, however I wouldn't let that stop you. The biggest reason for the pretentousness is because there are so many people there and only so much capacity in each club. With that being said you should be able to get into any club if you make sure and get there early (10:00 P.M., 10:30 at the latest for South Beach.) Just make sure you wear a nice shirt and shoes and you should be able to get in. I even managed to get into Mansion this past year with a plain t-shirt on, however I wouln't recommend trying to go that lax as their is a chance you will get turned away. As far as what party's to attend just wait until about two weeks before conference that away all the parties have been announced and you can pick the ones you want to do. I would recommend staying on South Beach. I only go to clubs on South Beach so that I make sure and have to leave at 5 A.M., it helps you be alive for the next day. The clubs on South Beach close at 5 A.M. the ones downtown dont close until the early afternoon. Make sure and do a pool party or go to Nikki Beach one day. If you wan't some none pool daytime clubbing Prive is open during the day. WMC is something that is not to be missed if you like electronic music.

Word is that it is a very 'clean' environment?

Also, is it true that every one arrives at the best clubs & instead of just walking in with ticker, mills around the door & is then selected by the door picker in an arbitary order?

Word is that it is a very 'clean' environment?

Also, is it true that every one arrives at the best clubs & instead of just walking in with ticker, mills around the door & is then selected by the door picker in an arbitary order?

sounds like a bloody nightmare not a good time, give me a dingy club or warehouse Rave anyday not some pretentious niteclub :eek:

sounds gash, im with thelak, i reckon theres much better more affordable places to party than wmc...

fair enough back in the day when it was a bit more raw and hedonistic

sayin that, ive never been :lol:

sounds like a bloody nightmare not a good time, give me a dingy club or warehouse Rave anyday not some pretentious niteclub :eek:

Just like Ibiza, the clubbing sides of both places are corporate shrines to the dollar (or euro) with a degree of pretentiousnes (sic).

However, I went in 2006, found the majority of people to be perfectly friendly and had no problem with getting into clubs. Certainly didn't have to wear shirt and shoes everywhere (good old jeans, t-shirts and K-Swiss trainers were quite sufficient) - and take it from me, I am certainly not one of the 'beautiful people'.

Defected at Nikki Beach was a cracking day / night out despite the monsoon like rain and MN2S was brilliant.

The choice of nights / days out in a very small geographical area, over a very small length of time is quite overwhelming and I'd recommend going to anyone even if just once for the experience.

Oh, and by getting a WMC pass which was $200 (and I think $215 this year), entry into almost all nights (and Ultrafest) was either free or at a very reduced rate.

Other than getting there (which granted was expensive) I actually spent less doing 7 days in the US than I spent this year doing 7 days in Ibiza.

ok go, i've never been, looks wonderful from all those videos i watched on youtube!!

;);)

cant imagine a place more further removed from Ibiza, except for perhaps, Baghdad?

done that :) i just want some 1st hand experience from people who know a bit :) pleeeease

i think she meant do a search on this forum, as all the people who've been there have already written that info you're looking for in numerous other topics ;)

i'm going this year even tho i wasn't overly impressed with wmc last time, however the prospect of sun and sea sound tempting in the middle of the harsh finnish winter :lol:

Back