Wireless Festival - Chemical Brothers

Dirk

Anyone been to the Wireless festival before? Fancy seeing the Chemical Brothers on the Saturday and wonder if it is worth coming down for?

Wireless can be good, went a good few years ago.

Was expensive, but all i guess all events like that are,

Depends on which show the Chems bring... full production or DJ-set. The latter I saw once and was so disappointed I left early. Thinking of giving them another chance next months as they're coming to Moskva with (allegedly) the full our :confused:

I've always been put off by wireless - the fact that it's in hyde park and that you can't enter a tube carriage for weeks before without being bombed by advertising for it, leads me to suspect it will be like the vfestival - ie you standing in a sea of thousands needing binoculars to see the stage, whilst annoying people with not a lot of musical interest around you chuck inflatable bananas around.

[*I haven't been to either festival and could be very wrong on all counts]

Depends on which show the Chems bring... full production or DJ-set. The latter I saw once and was so disappointed I left early. Thinking of giving them another chance next months as they're coming to Moskva with (allegedly) the full our :confused:

Seen them three times live and the best thing I have ever seen. Not seen a DJ set mind.

I like the chems

occasionally they release some total belters

chemical beats
electronic battle weapon 7
the boxer
the test
nude night - heard this at fabric once and my head melted

the video for get yourself high with the kung fu film lip synching is class

the last album I thought was a bit pony though in truth

I've always been put off by wireless - the fact that it's in hyde park and that you can't enter a tube carriage for weeks before without being bombed by advertising for it, leads me to suspect it will be like the vfestival - ie you standing in a sea of thousands needing binoculars to see the stage, whilst annoying people with not a lot of musical interest around you chuck inflatable bananas around.

[*I haven't been to either festival and could be very wrong on all counts]

Exactly that.

You're blatantly not wrong.

Isn't Grace Jones playing one of the days though? And Aphex Twin??? (sod the chemicals)

Wish she would bloody well do Glasters.

When I went to Wireless, the headline act was James Blunt...
How this festival has moved on. And how my music tastes have, too!

Seen them three times live and the best thing I have ever seen. Not seen a DJ set mind.
It was billed as "live" but it was just one of them DJing and the other knocking around on some triggers & things around their set. Totally dull. I've heard this is the less expensive version (for promoters) of their show.

Looking forward to seeing the real deal if it's that good. As dance acts go, would be hard (for me) to top Faithless. (or Basement Jaxx (full show) or even Underworld).

Been to Wireless ... cerainly not worth travelling for.

The sound on the main stage is beyond sh*t... & unless you arrive early, you won't be able to see anything other than on video screens.

It was billed as "live" but it was just one of them DJing and the other knocking around on some triggers & things around their set. Totally dull. I've heard this is the less expensive version (for promoters) of their show.

Looking forward to seeing the real deal if it's that good. As dance acts go, would be hard (for me) to top Faithless. (or Basement Jaxx (full show) or even Underworld).

the full production of the Chems live show totally blows any other dance band (with the possible exception of Daft Punk who i haven't seen) out of the water.

Comparing Faithless to the full Chems show is like comparing Argos jewellery with Tiffanys!

lowblow.gif

classic. apparently saw fatboy slim yesturday. beer goggles were firmly attatched

I know the feeling went back to neighbors BBQ last night people were saying hi Jay, I was thinking who the hell are you. I apparently had long conversations with a lot of them:eek: and DJ'ed for a time also. Beer+shots of patron=:evil:

Back