Windows 8

freakstar

have been trying the customer preview version. I am liking the fact it is much much faster. Only downside is Microsoft throwing endless apps at you. Comes with their own security etc. which they are claiming is better than the likes of McAfee (in fact McAfee is not yet compatible with it).

Don't expect much to be compatible, this is afterall a preview version. ;)

nvidia have only just released basic GPU drivers for it. Don't believe AMD have.
A fair chunk of your hardware may not work either.

It's on my list of things to get hold of, see what the new Windows is like, may wait until Beta or an RC for it though, rather than Preview.

Vaguely on topic, I downloaded Microsoft's own security/anti-virus software when my McAfee sub ran out. Free & no problems so far!

I will give it a look, I have been waiting because I was finishing a project and didn't want any head aches.

fair chunk of your hardware may not work either.

Most does - but I am guessing you will use a hell of a lot more than me. Had to download JAVA but all other software I use seems fine. The worrying thing is (that they don't tell you beforehand) is that you can not uninstall - you have to go back to a previous partition.

But as I say, the most noticeable thing for me is the speed.

Back