Will Dizzee Rascal return to Ibiza?

William2021

Is Dizzee coming back to Ibiza this year? I heard is performance last year was almost a complete washout at Ibiza Rocks hotel, literally!

From a dogdy website:

04 September 2013

"Dizzee Rascal played an absolute storm despite the thunderstorms and downpours that have recently plagued Ibiza’s usually sun-soaked coastline. The weather was fine until Dizzee and his gang came on stage. At this point, it was only spitting with the odd bolt of lightning making an appearance. As the rain got heavier, there were a lot of surprised faces wondering why the hell it was raining in Ibiza, as they were contemplating taking shelter. Although a few did, the majority of us stuck it out, stomped our socks off while Dizzee performed his massive hit ‘Holiday’ which got a great reaction from the crowd as it was obviously very well suited....... Everyone was soaked through to the bone but still smiling. You know what they say; Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, its all about learning to dance in the rain!"

His music really is fantastic. If you haven't heard 'Holiday' check it out here: (Great for Ibiza. The song even has words like: "We're going Ibiza").

Wait..... wtf has happened to Dizzee Rascal?

Used to think he was arright in his Fix Up Look Sharp days. Thaf*** is that????

There's only one Holiday Rap I can bug out to....

I dunno. I figured the rain would play hell on the stage and the pyrotechnics and would cost him a fortune to repair from water damage, not to mention the travel costs just to bring it. I really wanted to see him this year in Ibiza, but when I was told he wasn't coming, I figured someone must have offered him the same time slot again, and he took for granted it would be another "washout". I know it would put me off. Does it always rain heavy at the end of August?

i have no idea about the stage and pyrotechnics but the crowd loved it and stayed till the end... that should be enough to come back!

Wait..... wtf has happened to Dizzee Rascal?

Used to think he was arright in his Fix Up Look Sharp days. Thaf*** is that????

His first album is a different beast to what followed, though, tbh, I've enjoyed a number of his poppier tunes too.

Saxondale Quote (Fits nicely really) when he is talking about electronic music

"If I want to hear electronic bleeps and farts, I'll put my foot through the windscreen of the Rascal(Van) and listen to the alarm going off."

Back