Where's friggin' weekend thread?

I'm already in the middle of a 4-day weekend.

Went to a Brazilian churascarria for dinner on Wednesday, watched Champions League football, then went on an epic 5-venue bar-hopping mission that ended at club Garage in the morning.

Did absolutely nothing on Thursday. Watched Scott Pilgrim vs the World (lame!) and half of Get Him to the Greek (mildly amusing... will finish tomorrow)

Today - Spent this afternoon shopping for housewares. Next up - Birthday party at Solyanka and then Discoteque 1st Birthday with Laidback Luke and probably Krysha Mira later on for Rainer Luxus.

Saturday - Expect a lazy afternoon. Later on - possibly a friend's birthday dinner (as yet unplanned but I expect a last minute decision) and then Arma17 for James Zabiela & Paul Woolford.

Sunday - Rest, watch football.

Im debating tonight between staying , doing nothing and being fresh for a friends birthday tomorrow or.....

Go to Corsica Studio's n see Ben Sims , Advent , Mark Broom and Colin Dale therefore not being at all fresh for friends birthday and suffereing ridicule as I said I was gona stay in tonight.hhmmmm

Staying in tonight - ahh feels good to relax, one stressful day at work, who knew organising the xmas party afterparty could be so much hard work.....cant please them all hey!

Tomorrow getting my hair permanently blowdryed, eek lets hope it turns out ok as its a lot of money and mums paying (early bday pressie!), out for a Thai tomorrow night with some good friends then Sunday we have assigned to be a catching up on TV/DVD day 8)

Been in Sydney this week so about to pack up and head to the airport.

Landing on Sunday morning, back home for some sleep, then wake up to watch the mighty reds crush the Chelski ____ boys at fortress Anfield.

.....hoopefully.

Sweet dreams on your flight... as that's about as close as you'll come :p

Muttley.gif

Best cure for jet-lag EVER!!

Im debating tonight between staying , doing nothing and being fresh for a friends birthday tomorrow or.....

Go to Corsica Studio's n see Ben Sims , Advent , Mark Broom and Colin Dale therefore not being at all fresh for friends birthday and suffereing ridicule as I said I was gona stay in tonight.hhmmmm

1876343143_f66cfa77ae.jpg

did you make it?

*his "abstract dance" techno show on Kiss was boss - would love to get my mitts on any recordings of that

Staying in tonight - ahh feels good to relax, one stressful day at work, who knew organising the xmas party afterparty could be so much hard work.....cant please them all hey!

GAHH!! It's just the WORST task you can get given at work. I'd rather deal with my boss on a VERY bad day than ever organise another Christmas do.

....getting my hair permanently blowdryed.....

Explain?

GAHH!! It's just the WORST task you can get given at work. I'd rather deal with my boss on a VERY bad day than ever organise another Christmas do.

Explain?

Its called the Brazilian Blow Dry - not the same as permanent hair straightening, basically its meant to be great if you suffer from frizz/bad hair days, they coat your hair in Keratin and then its blow dryed and set with straighteners, you then get the result when you wash it but you cant wash it for 3 days so I am seriously greasy today as cant wash until Wed!! Feels like my hair is covered in conditioner (feels worse then it looks) but yes I cant wait to wash it Weds, should mean no more straighteners, it should just blow dry smooth and soft 8) It lasts for a few months - all depends on how often you wash your hair, if you wash it everyday it wont last as long as if you washed it less, if that makes sense.

Today - Spent this afternoon shopping for housewares. Next up - Birthday party at Solyanka and then Discoteque 1st Birthday with Laidback Luke and probably Krysha Mira later on for Rainer Luxus.

Saturday - Expect a lazy afternoon. Later on - possibly a friend's birthday dinner (as yet unplanned but I expect a last minute decision) and then Arma17 for James Zabiela & Paul Woolford.
Just want to say that Laidback Luke is possibly one of the worst DJs I've heard in years. Utter crap. :evil:

Woolford was good. Zabiela started poorly but got better as the night went on.

did you make it?

*his "abstract dance" techno show on Kiss was boss - would love to get my mitts on any recordings of that

Yep I went. Was really good! Main room was pretty busy but the other one was bit quiet. A guy called Robin Ball did a cracking warm up set in rm 2 , got a cd off him. Colin Dale was good , fairly minimaly tho. he then stayed till the end raving it up to Ben Sims which was good to see. Sims boshed it out pretty good n we stayed to the end so cracking night

* just found some mixes relating to the night.
http://samurai.fm/groovepleasure

Last edited by a moderator:
Its called the Brazilian Blow Dry - not the same as permanent hair straightening, basically its meant to be great if you suffer from frizz/bad hair days, they coat your hair in Keratin and then its blow dryed and set with straighteners, you then get the result when you wash it but you cant wash it for 3 days so I am seriously greasy today as cant wash until Wed!! Feels like my hair is covered in conditioner (feels worse then it looks) but yes I cant wait to wash it Weds, should mean no more straighteners, it should just blow dry smooth and soft 8) It lasts for a few months - all depends on how often you wash your hair, if you wash it everyday it wont last as long as if you washed it less, if that makes sense.

Enlightened! Thanks :D

Tomorrow getting my hair permanently blowdryed, eek lets hope it turns out ok as its a lot of money and mums paying (early bday pressie!), out for a Thai tomorrow night with some good friends then Sunday we have assigned to be a catching up on TV/DVD day 8)

LOL - I have taken back over the organising of the christmas party as last year's was ****e :lol::lol::lol:

this year - no theme - no fancy "dressing" of the venue - no black tie/evenng dress code.

280 staff, free bar, dinner, entertainment informal dress code - 12pm close, in town then they can all bog off and do what they want after 12am - jobs a good un! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - I have taken back over the organising of the christmas party as last year's was ****e :lol::lol::lol:

this year - no theme - no fancy "dressing" of the venue - no black tie/evenng dress code.

280 staff, free bar, dinner, entertainment informal dress code - 12pm close, in town then they can all bog off and do what they want after 12am - jobs a good un! 8)

Sounds good! We have the meal planned at some posh place in Mayfair but as some of us are staying over or like to stay out the meal is due to end about 1030 we need somewhere to go after, turning out to be a right headache, some dont want to have to get cabs to go elsewhere, some dont mind, some dont want to pay an entry fee :spank:

Never mind, I am forgetting about it for a few days.......:D

Back