Where is our Ibiza?

Interesting read.
I hope they find that man and he serves a very length prison sentence.

Ushuaia promised to be the “hotel that changed Ibiza” and it appears to be living up to its promise in the darkest possible way.

Really sad to hear this, especially as it was my first time there this year :(
Hasnt put me off going, jst puts a little downer on it really

As often the case, this is all a bit exaggerated.

This particular incident is atrocious and of course it's not the only unfortunate incident in Ibiza this year, but I bet (and here's that old chorus) there is no greater number of incidents in Ibiza than in [insert where you're from].

Strange how the article lumps that together with drug busts (hello! there are a few of those every year!) as evidence of a deteriorating situation. Balderdash!

I think that article is hyping this up to be representative of something more widespread than is justified.

Have to say, though, Morbyd that I sensed a sinister and dark vibe around Ushuaia which I've felt around other establishments in other countries (including USA & UK), often in clubs where coke is king. It's a personal thing but I don't like it one bit when I sense it however fancy the surroundings are.

The atmosphere in the place was tense and charged - much more so than the other clubs (Space bouncers nice as pie) and it's maybe just that the environment and culture don't sit comfortably with the islanders. Didn't see anyone working there look happy, relaxed or comfortable. Happy staff are as important as happy punters ?

This particular incident is atrocious and of course it's not the only unfortunate incident in Ibiza this year, but I bet (and here's that old chorus) there is no greater number of incidents in Ibiza than in [insert where you're from].

Strange how the article lumps that together with drug busts (hello! there are a few of those every year!) as evidence of a deteriorating situation. Balderdash!

Well said. Things that past as news these days are just sad.

Strange, I went to Ushuaia last thursday expecting the worst (with all the publicity) and can honestly say I thought it was excellent, the crowd was on top form too. Not exactly DC-10 crowd but then no worse than you get at Pacha.

Maybe it depends on the night and Sasha pulled a better crowd,

I'm planning to visit at least once when I'm there.

I'm saddened it's not the Ushuaia of old (most recent pleasant memory - DJ Sneak rocking the place last September 8) ), but I would like to see the new set-up and I'm actually looking forward to more evening parties this year as opposed to all-nighters.

But the Ushuaia of old is still there!
It's just called La Plage now.

Personally I really don't like what the new Ushuaia stands for and I think it belongs more in Miami than Ibiza.
With business's I always find that the more one concentrates on trying to make money and squeeze every last drop the less successful and pleasing they become.
The beauty of of the original Ushauia is that it was in the beginning a very casual wander in and out atmosphere.....a very happy easy place to be.
But, hey....they certainly made money...but it didn't feel like they were out to take it.

Then came the Monster.

I'm actually looking forward to more evening parties this year as opposed to all-nighters.

We were saying same this morning... I think we are planning to do Defected at Ushuaia think its the 24th...

Was Sneak at Ushuaia last year the one when we came and met you? THen went onto Supermartxe?

Not long to go now!!!!!

But the Ushuaia of old is still there!
It's just called La Plage now.

Personally I really don't like what the new Ushuaia stands for and I think it belongs more in Miami than Ibiza.
With business's I always find that the more one concentrates on trying to make money and squeeze every last drop the less successful and pleasing they become.
The beauty of of the original Ushauia is that it was in the beginning a very casual wander in and out atmosphere.....a very happy easy place to be.
But, hey....they certainly made money...but it didn't feel like they were out to take it.

Then came the Monster.

I agree. Have you checked out La Plague recently ?

Exactly. Morbs has nailed it on the head again.

Whilst the passing of that poor soul should not go unpunished or forgotten about, it was an unfortunate isolated incident.

How you can even compare poor customer service in the reviews to being linked with that death is beyond me?! They do not deserve mention in the same breath.

Taking that incident to one side, people have to realise that, like many new ventures, Ushuaia is still finding its feet and experiencing teething problems. Whether it will come good? Who knows.

Talk of "doesn't belong in Ibiza" and "wrong crowd" are just nonsense.

The bottom line is Ushuaia is a business, the sole purpose of which is to make a profit.

If you don't like what they have to offer, absolute fine. Steer well clear. At the end of the day, there is obviously a huge market for this VIP Miami style scene in Ibiza.

Yes it maybe pretenious, arrogant and "not your thing", in which case I advise you look elsewhere.

Rich, arrogant people enjoy going on holiday too you know.

Strange, I went to Ushuaia last thursday expecting the worst (with all the publicity) and can honestly say I thought it was excellent, the crowd was on top form too. Not exactly DC-10 crowd but then no worse than you get at Pacha.

Maybe it depends on the night and Sasha pulled a better crowd,

Agreed. Went to the same Sasha party last week and had a wicked time! Highlight being Chiapet - Westworld (Skylark Remix) going right off:):)

Agreed. Went to the same Sasha party last week and had a wicked time! Highlight being Chiapet - Westworld (Skylark Remix) going right off:):)

Thats the name of the tune..!!! I was trying to think of it all bloody night! I knew it was skylark, just couldn't remember the name. It reminded me of the skylark mix of the Praise Cats - Shined on Me, very similar baseline.

We took a video of this, will be putting it on youtube tonight and will share it on here to relive the memories Matt :cry:

Just had a look through the photos. Fair enough people demonstrating but why the need to put painted hand prints all over the wall of the hotel?

Back