What you having dinner?

craig72

No longer active
What you having for dinner?

Just had Fresh mackerel,baby potatoes and homemade mango salsa washed down with some vino blanco..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had some nice vegetarian chilli leftovers that my housemate made last night. Im not vegi myself but it was pretty tasty.

As I type, I've my pressure cooker doing all the work. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Cabbage and Salmon.

If you're asking ... cooked for a significant family birthday today. Lunch consisted of :

Starters : Home-made salmon and tuna nigiri with 1 piece of salmon and avodaco maki. All trimmings.

Main : Best west-country Rib-Eye beef steak pan-fried with garlic, spring onions and a quince liqueur sauce to finish. Accompanied by a julienne of parsnips cooked in butter with grilled asparagus and wild mushrooms.

Pud : Passion fruit souffle with a fan of fresh mango andhome-made mango sorbet

Booze : 1 x Veuve Cliquot, 1 x Ch. Lafleur-Petrus 2006, 1 x Arnaud de Villeneuve Rivesaltes Ambres Hors d'Age 1985

Jamaican blue mountain coffee with Hotel Chocolat Marzipan selection to finish.

Yum. Was quite pleased with myself for pulling it all together as I only drove up here at 4am this morning with a car full of ingredients.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am boiling a few frozen Russian pelmeny (dumplings.. similar to tortellini) for a snack right now :confused:

I was going to make something a little fancier earlier but opened the fridge and had no appetite.

Only eating now because I've got a few beers in me and got the munchies :confused:

I took mrs and kids for a walk earlier and ended up at the pub near my folks house so they came to meet us where I was offered a new job through a phone call so my old man paid for us to have a big fat Indian take away and **** me was it huuuuge :lol:
Many beers and a huge feast and I am still suffering food coma while the mrs has now gone to bed to sleep with her food coma :D
We as a family really needed this job so big celebrations all round and in 14 days time we will be together as a family having our first holiday abroad with the kids....in Ibiza. Can;t wait!(especially Vath and Hawtin at Enter he he he) 8)

If you're asking ... cooked for a significant family birthday today. Lunch consisted of :

Starters : Home-made salmon and tuna nigiri with 1 piece of salmon and avodaco maki. All trimmings.

Main : Best west-country Rib-Eye beef steak pan-fried with garlic, spring onions and a quince liqueur sauce to finish. Accompanied by a julienne of parsnips cooked in butter with grilled asparagus and wild mushrooms.

Pud : Passion fruit souffle with a fan of fresh mango andhome-made mango sorbet

Booze : 1 x Veuve Cliquot, 1 x Ch. Lafleur-Petrus 2006, 1 x Arnaud de Villeneuve Rivesaltes Ambres Hors d'Age 1985

Jamaican blue mountain coffee with Hotel Chocolat Marzipan selection to finish.

Yum. Was quite pleased with myself for pulling it all together as I only drove up here at 4am this morning with a car full of ingredients.

Bet the lady in the coral dress would be impressed with that skill and style ;)

Back