What to do in London this weekend?

goodtimes

My team have made it to Wembley this weekend and despite working in London, I'm a bit of a numpty as far as knowing what's happening on a weekend in the big smoke.

Fortunately? a surfeit of company accommodation means I am also entertaining a group (of 5) very excitable middle aged (30-40) yokels who have a misguided impression that Billy Bigtimes (I.e. Me) will be able to show them all the happening places and bright lights. We have fairly simple requirements which is to drink and "be merry" with like minded people in a cool and busy environment.

Here is my attempt at a planned itinerary. Could I ask the assorted London experts of the board to perhaps point me in the right direction and suggest any improvements?

Saturday day – the chaps arrive plan to have a bit of a lunch and beer in Borough Market to get us going. (We are staying near Waterloo)
Saturday early evening – the bars in Brick Lane with vietnamese in Little Hanoi at some point.
Saturday late evening – one of the group (Mr. Golden) has got us vip'ed at Ministry. Saturday Sessions – DJ Vibe. We've tried (and failed) previously to get into any of the hipper/younger/underground places out east so Ministry/Fabric are the best bets – will this night be any good though? Fabric seems a better option to me, but it would be rude to turn down a VIP.
Saturday late late – on the offchance that we are still standing, what's the best place for afters?

Sunday morning – we plan to have a few beers whilst watching the marathon on the embankment – could anyone recommend a decent boozer for this?
Sunday afternoon – the only firm part of the itinerary is our jaunt up to Wembley.
Sunday evening – completely at a loss - maybe bars in shoreditch/hoxton – or is everywhere dead on a Sunday night?

Appreciate that a lot of this is down to personal taste, but hopefully you get my drift, and thanks in anticipation.

well ministry is open till 5 or 6 so when you mean afters do you mean sunday morning?? Magda and Sebo K are playing fabric so that would be where I'd go but will be very busy.Also ministry is much nearer waterloo (walking distance really).

Sunday brick lane is still fairly busy if nothing else get a cheap (not amazing) curry with some free beers thrown in

Saturday p.m. and Afters

Cheers MM. Sounds like Brick Lane might be better on Sunday then, any suggestions for Saturday afternoon/early evening?

Regarding afters I did mean Sunday morning, its unlikely we'll last but the old boy scout training says I should be prepared. I'm guessing you wouldn't recommend Vauxhall? :)

haha well i wouldnt know about clubbing sunday morning in vauxhall:)
I always end up in jaded which is at Cable in London bridge. Make sure you email / facebook them so your on the list to make sure your getting in especially if your coming as a work party. Other option is aquarium on old st which is open till 9 or 10 but not as good. Nothing really south of the river

Other option is aquarium on old st which is open till 9 or 10 but not as good. Nothing really south of the river

Don't forget your swimming gear for this ;) This place can be wierd :lol:

I'd agree with MiniMarc's comments.
If you go early to Cable on sunday morning you should be ok getting in.

Back