What Space night would you suggest?

My other half loves deep soulful vocal house. I think he likes some defected stuff, used to like Hed Kandi years ago before some bloke left or was pushed, we're talking a decade ago now I guess, and he likes a lot of the classic late eighties and nineties dance.
It's haaaaard. I like hard rock, blues and Latin but I'm trying to organize all this for his birthday without any real clue.
Also is there anywhere daytime that would play Latin dance, it's not hubbys bag so I wouldn't choose it for a whole night but it would be nice to go somewhere for a few hours to chill.

i dont recall any night that does vocal soulful house in space but I dont know what kind of music they have in cafe ole ! I remember seeing vids on youtube of one of the lesser known nights with some singer there rebecca something but i'm not sure if that night fits the criteria. You could try We Love (Sunday) depending on who will be playing early on in the sunset terrace the date your there, Youd have to be there pretty early though as the sunset terrace shuts about 12 or 1 sometimes they have good house music in that room and other times well I'm not saying anything. check the DJs for the dates your there on We Love it will say who is playing the 'sunset terrace' then look them up on youtube if youn dont know them :)

do you definitely want to go to space? because defected is on in pacha on a saturday. i think you might struggle to find anything like that at space personally.

I think my other half has said those are the 2 clubs he'd really like to visit (Pacha and Space).
Know anywhere else that might suit??:idea:

You may get lucky with Aura. DJ Antz plays some more classic stuff and had a Friday residency there.

Also, if Tony Humphries does his fortnightly Wednesday 'Disco' night of the "From Disco to Techno" parties at DC-10 again this year, and you hit the right week for it, this might be a goer for hubby.

On the latin side of things there are sporadic nights where the real original Balearic DJs dish out the gold. Got to hear DJ Sergio play some Sergio Mendes and Jobim at Wok 'n' Roll last year at a one-off guest appearance over dinnertime in Santa Gertrudis for example. Last-minute, tipped off on here, and ready to go find the music rather than plan every night.

Back