What is staying in Portinatx like?

tclubber

Hello,

judging from the confessions thread, I am not the only one who considered staying in Portinatx but never did it. Sure, the North is lovely, but I am kinda afraid to miss creature comforts more populated parts of the island offer (nightlife, clubs, autobahn, sunsets, sunrises, ferries, walking atop Dalt Vila past midnight).

So what is staying in Portinatx like? During daytime, there are obviously some nice beaches and hikes on offer. There must be nice restaurants. But what do you do after dark? Or is Portinatx rather something for couples who don't have to go out after dark at all? ;)

Just curious.

Don't expect night life.
Have in mind you need to rent a car if you want to enjoy the ibiza night life.
You will enjoy the best sunrise of your life in Cala d'en Serra, and some beautiful sunset in the Port of Portinatx.
Don't stay in the North if you want to enjoy night life every night, it's all I can say.
Staying in the North is total different experience,here you come for the wild nature, the beauty of the beach, the food, the hippies, the SJ market, etc...
Ibiza has two faces...

Last edited:
A long time ago, when I was young, full of energy and unconsciousness, leaving the Pacha at 8 a.m. and making the road to Portinatx was a pleasure, even with an eye that tried to kiss the other.
There wasn't as much police control as there is now, and I must admit I was very lucky never to have a problem. Times have changed, and I think you have to keep that in mind when you want to choose the North as your destination. Either there is a member of the group, or of the couple, who stays sober, or you spend a fortune in taxi.

We always split our trips now and spend half the holiday in Portinatx. While we are up there, we go out to clubs 1-2x per week. Its about a 40 min drive in the evenings. IMHO, the drive home in the morning does suck balls... but the recovery at the big beach the next day makes it all ok.

Or is Portinatx rather something for couples who don't have to go out after dark at all? ;)

"Portinatx is is for lovers".

Hello,

judging from the confessions thread, I am not the only one who considered staying in Portinatx but never did it. Sure, the North is lovely, but I am kinda afraid to miss creature comforts more populated parts of the island offer (nightlife, clubs, autobahn, sunsets, sunrises, ferries, walking atop Dalt Vila past midnight).

So what is staying in Portinatx like? During daytime, there are obviously some nice beaches and hikes on offer. There must be nice restaurants. But what do you do after dark? Or is Portinatx rather something for couples who don't have to go out after dark at all? ;)

Just curious.
Rent a car and explore the north during the day , stay even at night for diner ... but sleep in the south if you wanna enjoy the club .. not a good idea to drive back every morning till Portinax but in the contrario , driving back after sunset or even after diner is quiet ok ..

Back