What happened to the planned boardwalk between PdB and Figueretas?

No sure but I suppose the spanish government, which was supposed to pay it, had other priorities and the project was forgotten in some drawer...

I would ruin the adventure of walking from fig to Bora Bora ..
I did it the other way round a few years ago, from Tanit beach club to Fig. Hammered from Clockwork Orange and with no sleep the night before as had a 5a.m booze up airport and flight out, straight after a gig. It took me about 4 hours! o_O

I did it the other way round a few years ago, from Tanit beach club to Fig. Hammered from Clockwork Orange and with no sleep the night before as had a 5a.m booze up airport and flight out, straight after a gig. It took me about 4 hours! o_O
LoL there's a few hairy sections all right.

Wish it was possible - and I don't think it is even using Olympic-standard scrambling - to walk round the headland from Molins right round to Ibiza port. There are a couple of coves/tiny pebble beaches tucked away at the foot of the cliffs, sometimes occupied..one day I'll find out how they got there! There is one small beach which is accessed by a road from the tunnel, and footpaths leading away that need exploring, but as for grtting around the headland I don't think it's possible by foot.

The other thing I have tried to do is a walk from the tower at the southern end of PdB round the headland to Salinas beach - always ended up in shrubbery and can go no further. I do see paths on mapsand google earth, but never found the right one. Anyone done that route?

The other thing I have tried to do is a walk from the tower at the southern end of PdB round the headland to Salinas beach - always ended up in shrubbery and can go no further. I do see paths on mapsand google earth, but never found the right one. Anyone done that route?

It is possible apparently but looks pretty tough. I think Stivi mentioned it ages ago in one of his walking trips?

Wish it was possible - and I don't think it is even using Olympic-standard scrambling - to walk round the headland from Molins right round to Ibiza port. There are a couple of coves/tiny pebble beaches tucked away at the foot of the cliffs, sometimes occupied..one day I'll find out how they got there! There is one small beach which is accessed by a road from the tunnel, and footpaths leading away that need exploring, but as for grtting around the headland I don't think it's possible by foot.

The closer you get to Salinas the more frequent the naked guys appear from the high grass ?

yes plenty of times. next time you're here get in touch and I'll send you info. it's a nice walk!

The closer you get to Salinas the more frequent the naked guys appear from the high grass ?
I KNEW there was a reason why I wanted to do that walk!
And thanks for the heads-up Stivi, I'll let you know. I'm sure I could find a good walking map; one of the very few thing the British do better than the continentals is mapping - I wish the OS covered the whole of Europe!

It is a lovely walk from PDB to Salinas but whilst The Rough Guide to Ibiza had it down as a 40 minute walk, it took us much longer (and at the time, we were still hiking regularly). Unless we took a wrong turn?!

I KNEW there was a reason why I wanted to do that walk!
And thanks for the heads-up Stivi, I'll let you know. I'm sure I could find a good walking map; one of the very few thing the British do better than the continentals is mapping - I wish the OS covered the whole of Europe!
You don’t really need a map for that particular trail. Yes, it could be a bit challenging in parts and need to be careful as always with any coastline trail. I’ve done it myself a couple times and the trick is trying to stay always close to the coast in order not to get lost. From la Torre des Carregador (Sal Rossa) it takes longer than 40 minutes but it is really rewarding once you spot the first glimpse of Es Cavallet after that to get to Salines is dead easy.

What's more difficult - walking from PdB to Salinas via Es Cavallet, or walking from Experimental Beach to Salinas over the hills?

Back