westend prices!

chaznba

are the prices fairly cheap in the westend? i went to lanzarote (no ibiza, i know) but the drinks were like 2 bottles for 6E with 2 free shots etc , are they similar in the westend? cheers!

They aren't as cheap as as that. You don't get free shots and there arent reps everywhere trying to pull you into pubs. It's a good thing as the cuts down on the idiots getting hammered!

Its about 4 euro a vod and coke and 3 euro a beer.

There is a place called the euro pub which sells beers for a euro- funnily enough!
It gets so busy in the westend that i've seen myself taking my own drink into the pub! The staff don't notice.

Go to a bar called blackbeards!!
Its so cheap and the owner Gary is spot on!
i think you turn left on the corner of the main strip by the irish pub on the corner. head up about 50 meters and its on your left opposite mermaid bar.

2 bottles of budweiser was 3E last year, and a pint of vodka redbull is 5E.
if you want cheap drink this is the place to go, and there are plenty of tables to sit on outside!

perfect for some pre club drinks!

Go to a bar called blackbeards!!
Its so cheap and the owner Gary is spot on!
i think you turn left on the corner of the main strip by the irish pub on the corner. head up about 50 meters and its on your left opposite mermaid bar.

2 bottles of budweiser was 3E last year, and a pint of vodka redbull is 5E.
if you want cheap drink this is the place to go, and there are plenty of tables to sit on outside!

perfect for some pre club drinks!

That 1 sounds quite good i might check that out myself. Theres another 1 called Anagunthas that gives u 5 drinks for a fiver- they give u a shot couple of beers and a couple of peach schnapps. The drink isn't the best quality but ideal for the last few nights of the holiday when ur funds are getting low :)

West End expensive ?! Whaat ?! It's 1Euro for a San Miguel. You can get bashed in West End for like 15E. We used to waltz in early, few beers and then neck some of those pints of TVR or VRB everyone does for like 4E and then on our way to nice expensive places...

I don't drink anything in clubs at all and only draught beer .anywhere outside of West End for money reasons.

The Sunset Strip is expensive 5 euro a beer 7 euro vodka and coke. The trick is to buy your own drink in a supermarket and discreetly take it into bars with you. Or even just sit outside with it.

Stay away from buying imported drink in the super markets ie. the stuff you buy here it can be very expensive over there.

7 euro for a big bottle of WKD etc :eek:

Yeah, we just brought a bottle opener with us and brought some beers and sat on the rocks out the front of Café Mambo. I actually prefer it out there. 8)

Only problem is after the sun goes down you some times get asked to move on by some of the staff as you havent bought anything from them.

They aren't as cheap as as that. You don't get free shots and there arent reps everywhere trying to pull you into pubs. It's a good thing as the cuts down on the idiots getting hammered!

Its about 4 euro a vod and coke and 3 euro a beer.

There is a place called the euro pub which sells beers for a euro- funnily enough!
It gets so busy in the westend that i've seen myself taking my own drink into the pub! The staff don't notice.

there are people trying to get you to come into bars in the westend loads of them actually, and i got a few free shots in some bars.

there are people trying to get you to come into bars in the westend loads of them actually, and i got a few free shots in some bars.

It's not as bad as somewhere like Magaluf where you have teams of reps following you down the street trying to get you to come in with the promise of these rotten shots.

I only spoke to them if they were female! If they were male I just pretended I couldn't speak English :)

It's not as bad as somewhere like Magaluf where you have teams of reps following you down the street trying to get you to come in with the promise of these rotten shots.

I only spoke to them if they were female! If they were male I just pretended I couldn't speak English
:)
:lol:;)

I only spoke to them if they were female! If they were male I just pretended I couldn't speak English :)

RabCNesbitt_468x641.jpg

Pretended? ;):spank:

Yeah, we just brought a bottle opener with us and brought some beers and sat on the rocks out the front of Café Mambo. I actually prefer it out there. 8)

Only problem is after the sun goes down you some times get asked to move on by some of the staff as you havent bought anything from them.
As long as you are not sitting on any of mambo's seating,terrace etc,you can sit on the rock's all night (ouch) ! You could also stand on the paseo looking into the DJ booth drinking your self opened beer,looking eye to eyeball at your favourite spinner :eek: Hi Paul! you are in a public place and mambo staff have no control over you. The local Police,well,they have new laws about street drinking which I guess this is, so be respectful. :)

Back