Weekend rundowns

Robder

Erykah Badu ruled Brixton on Saturday. Fierce.

Headed for the Ministry afterwards for Babs Tucker, Julie McKnight and Candi Staton.

Great to see the Ministry used in this way - full live band on stage (drummers, guitarists, backing singers, keyboards etc etc) and Candi's 'young hearts' made me go all bleary eyed. 8)

Seconds later - fast forward from 1976 loveliness to 2006 DOOM (Bob Sinclar - World hold on) and an overpriced large vodka was necessary to get me through.

It's the first time I've been to the Ministry on a non roadblock MAW type night in recent years.

Crowd was TERRIBLE - like the worst type of fallout from a bio engineering experiment. Horrendous.

Spent some of the eve protecting this (extremely hot looking) tranny from viscious abuse from a group of nasty girlies in the bar area (all hideous and wearing short skirts with fat thighs on show - estrogen envy perhaps?)

Thought I was going to get a slap but funnily enough after a few sharp words they retreated in fear. :lol: Good job really.

Transphobia = can't bear.

Erykah Badu ruled Brixton on Saturday. Fierce.

Headed for the Ministry afterwards for Babs Tucker, Julie McKnight and Candi Staton.

Great to see the Ministry used in this way - full live band on stage (drummers, guitarists, backing singers, keyboards etc etc) and Candi's 'young hearts' made me go all bleary eyed. 8)
This part sounds great!
I went to a live show at Ministry once - the Russian ska band Leningrad. It felt quite strange (much to well lit!) but a lot of fun. I loves me some Barbara Tucker. 8)

I had a pretty good weekend.

Thursday - Gogol Bordello concert (great as usual) then a party at We Are Family disco.

Friday - A friend's cafe opening, watched Chelsea v Ajax, then rooftop terrace at Rolling Stone and then club Solyanka for the Timewriter and Terry Lee Brown b2b. Great party for atmosphere and music. Not sure why Timewriter doesn't get more attention.

Sat. - Shopping, a friend's birthday party at an Italian cooking academy (good fun) then Soho Rooms and then a little bit of afterhours on the rooftop dancefloor at Krysha Mira.

Sunday - home at 9am, slept until 3, ran errands, made dinner, rearranged furniture in bedroom

Quite wrecked today :(

Seconds later - fast forward from 1976 loveliness to 2006 DOOM (Bob Sinclar - World hold on) and an overpriced large vodka was necessary to get me through.

bob sinclar ripped off the whistle song for that. obscene. I think I would have reached for a stiff drink too.

Back