Weekend rundowns

Robder

Everyone's rubbish at this these days...what's everyone been up to?

Paradise Gardens festie in Viccy Park here (aka my back garden) - brilliantly organised and great lineup (saw Fela Kuti). A good example of a festie that's gaining momentum and getting quite special.

Best of all it's £free!

There was a drumming procession down to the lake afterwards where they did this amazing pyrotechnic display from a garden with loads of boats and acrobats. Very cirque du soleil - and council funded!? I thought we were in a recession with loads of cut backs? (that's next year's reduced to a couple of flares and a half ar$ed catherline wheel that doesn't spin then.)

Sunday - The LOFT - still the best club in the world. I've worked the door at the past three now and the crowd/music/venue/atmos is just unparalleled. Legs killing me from all the lifting tho. Ouch.

Also falling asleep at desk. :confused:

Now someone start a weekend plans thread so I can talk about Glasto. :lol:

Now someone start a weekend plans thread so I can talk about Glasto. :lol:
:lol:
Rightfully excited.

Well, as most know, I'm still in S. Africa.

Friday - Watched the USA cheated of victory over Slovenia, out to a fancy seafood dinner with a mate and his crew. Then took in 3 local nightclubs which were somewhat entertaining. Quite a good house DJ at a club called Taboo (2nd post-dinner stop). Highlight would be when one of my friend's mates' girlfriend started stripping off in a club :eek:

Saturday - Lazy day including a significant bit of recovery time, shopping in Sandton, great Indian dinner. Otherwise quiet day.

Sunday - Lunch in Nelson Mandela Square, which was full of very lively Brazilians all afternoon. Went to Soccer City for Brazil v Cote d'Ivoire. Downed many free drinks in corporate hospitality. Amazing atmosphere in the stadium... the Brazilians are just a load of fun. Grabbed some pizza on the way home.

Blimey - had no idea you were in S Africa Jon! I bet it's brilliant out there at the mo.

Have you been blowing your vuvuzela on the terraces or are you quaffing champagne in the posh bit?

:lol:
In the terraces but I leave the vuvuzelas at home!

It is brilliant out here. The country is alive. Photos and full report when I get home!

Friday - Snooze Fest - England Algeria

Saturday - swimming with the kids. Friends over for drinks in the evening.

Sunday - Father's day got spoilt. Missus and kids went to a birthday party and left me alone with a selection of Sunday papers and a few bier morettis that needed polishing off.

Nothing happening too much these days with all this footie on. Got a serious backlog of programmes to watch once the footie is finished.

I went to the Drop on Thursday for Mr Weatherall's monthly outer space residency - really, really good - £4! - fast becoming my fave night in London town.

friday was all about the "football" - the intense boredom compounded by the fact I could've been out courting and having fun instead :rolleyes:

saturday - dreadful work event at turnham green fete followed by decidedly more interesting drinks with a distinctly different crowd at the finsbury on green lanes (shudder!) - nice boozer/live funk

sunday - sadly missed the loft through fatigue - was due to have hooked up with some mates there - you possibly met them? - gaynor, desi, sean, balearic paul..

and as for this weekend - I would dearly love to go to cable for buzzin fly but a desperate struggle to whip up any interest, so quite probably lying low

Was at Sonar (well Off Sonar) for the weekend

Wont go into too much detail except to say cracking times and that if anyone is ever there they have to go to Ghoa Beach Club. Was there for Luciano/Cadenza party on Sat night and layout of the club, vibe, people etc is as good as anything I have experienced in Ibiza but with way friendlier staff and security. Solid 10 hr session felt like 10 mins. Seeing Reboot (large chap) shaking it about and having a great time was awesome!

Was at Sonar (well Off Sonar) for the weekend

Wont go into too much detail except to say cracking times and that if anyone is ever there they have to go to Ghoa Beach Club. Was there for Luciano/Cadenza party on Sat night and layout of the club, vibe, people etc is as good as anything I have experienced in Ibiza but with way friendlier staff and security. Solid 10 hr session felt like 10 mins. Seeing Reboot (large chap) shaking it about and having a great time was awesome!

aah the off-sonar memories eh Phil/Russell :lol:

hope the gear was better than that rat poison we got served last year

Back