Weekend Rundowns?

Emma_1983

What did everyone get up to?

Mine was pretty quiet, involved a bit of BB on Friday :oops::lol:, bit of shopping Sat, out for family meal in eve for BFs sisters 30th, nice little restaurant along the seafront and the sun was shining 8), Sunday made the most of the nice weather again and hit the seafront, few bevvies and good company ended off the weekend lovely 8)

I had the laziest weekend and previous week ever - had aweek off work and just slobbed, read, caught up with various mates and was basically a "Lady what Lunches" for 10 days - utter bliss....8)

a far cry from the carnage which will be this weekend me thinks..... :oops::lol:8)

i had a pretty lazy weekend...only went out on saturday to the local shopping centre for a bit with a mate and that was it..saving for ibiza in 3 weeks and recovering from a pulled muscle in my back so will be pretty much the same each weekend until i go away

Mine was a bit random... well, some things not quite as planned. But still decent.

Friday - Karaoke with some former colleagues. Got hammered. Quick swing by Krysha Mira happy hour. Then Solyanka for Mr C and Luke Vb, who were ace. Rest is a blur.

Saturday - Watched some football. Went to a nice jazz concert at the outdoor venue where I thought the Nouvelle Vague concert was supposed to be (that's next weekend, it turns out). Long drinking/dancing session at Soho Rooms followed. Rest is a blur.

Sunday - Sleep. Watched some football and assorted TV shows (True Blood, Entourage)

Fri was a quiet one, just vegged out watching telly.
Sat got the train up to London, a couple of drinks in Shoreditch then off to see friends new flat in Stoke Newington. Couple of drinks there. Decided against N2S @ Matter and instead went to the DFA party @ Cargo, got there early as it was free before 11. It was really busy! We left about 12 and the queue outside was massive. We then headed to East Village for Inspiration Information. Brilliant night. DJ Scribe was just ACE! Just a shame it finished so early at 3.30am.
Sun felt rough all day!! Got home about 7.

Friday - evening in with the kids.

Saturday - swimming, had a bet, usual rubbish x-factor, think watched a film can't remember.

Sunday - V fest. Excellent day out, brilliant weather, met up with man like Buckley for a few bevvies. Can't remember who I saw apart from Danny Clark and Jon Carter who were both pretty good. Oasis didn't turn up.

Monday - Everybody Loves Raymond.

Fri was a quiet one, just vegged out watching telly.
Sat got the train up to London, a couple of drinks in Shoreditch then off to see friends new flat in Stoke Newington. Couple of drinks there. Decided against N2S @ Matter and instead went to the DFA party @ Cargo, got there early as it was free before 11. It was really busy! We left about 12 and the queue outside was massive. We then headed to East Village for Inspiration Information. Brilliant night. DJ Scribe was just ACE! Just a shame it finished so early at 3.30am.
Sun felt rough all day!! Got home about 7.

The reports from Matter were that the night was a bit of a flop in large part because the Jubilee Line was down (bizarre the Jubilee should need so much maintenance seeing how modern it is) and the boat service is reliably crap, so one room was closed and people got shunted into another. Glad I missed that palaver (despite loving bongo joe). I also would like to have checked the DFA party at cargo but was actually doing a joint gig of my own in Hastings. Nice session + thanks to anyone here who might have come along. The monitors were barely audible, making it quite difficult to hear my music but we had a good crowd down and it was a fantastically balearic session by the coast in the warm sunset.

*I was supposed to return to sussex to beachdown festival this weekend and only booked by credit card on Monday but have since learned it has been cancelled :x

The reports from Matter were that the night was a bit of a flop in large part because the Jubilee Line was down (bizarre the Jubilee should need so much maintenance seeing how modern it is) and the boat service is reliably crap, so one room was closed and people got shunted into another. Glad I missed that palaver (despite loving bongo joe). I also would like to have checked the DFA party at cargo but was actually doing a joint gig of my own in Hastings. Nice session + thanks to anyone here who might have come along. The monitors were barely audible, making it quite difficult to hear my music but we had a good crowd down and it was a fantastically balearic session by the coast in the warm sunset.

*I was supposed to return to sussex to beachdown festival this weekend and only booked by credit card on Monday but have since learned it has been cancelled :x

I heard that too about Matter. The main reason we didn't go was the transport hassles. Was more than happy with EV.
Line up for Beachdown was pretty good, I'm surprised it's been cancelled. Shame.

Friday - evening in with the kids.

Saturday - swimming, had a bet, usual rubbish x-factor, think watched a film can't remember.

Sunday - V fest. Excellent day out, brilliant weather, met up with man like Buckley for a few bevvies. Can't remember who I saw apart from Danny Clark and Jon Carter who were both pretty good. Oasis didn't turn up.

Monday - Everybody Loves Raymond.

LOVE this programme!

Friday - V - put tent up, went to mad disco where I was dancing to Roy Orbison amongst other things :eek::lol:
Saturday - was violently ill for most of the morning after completely over doing it on Friday. then managed to have a shower and a sausage sarnie and Made my way gingerly to the music stages and watched:

Noisettes - brilliant
Script - suprisingly good
Lilly Allen - Wicked, looked hot too!!
Ting Tings - had no idea they were so good, loved em!!
Pendulum - wow, they rocked
Killers - bit of a let down

Sunday - Felt loads better than on Sat, didnt get to tent quick enough for Sneaky Sound System though....gutted
Daniel Merriweather - very good
Bacardi Tent for a couple hours and a few mojitos, was right up for it again.
Then:
Ladyhawke - awesome
Human League - absolutley brilliant
Paolo Nutini - nice and chilled but prob not best time to see him
The Enemy - very good
Then back to bacardi tent where we stayed for around an hour then my missus, (who to be honest could have gone home Sat night as she was missing our daughter and was having trouble sleeping so fair play for sticking with it) decided she had finally had enough and we went back to the tent. However 2 hours later the rest of the group got back and we had a little party in one of the big tents for a few hours :D

Where you been hiding, mate?

haha been lurking over the weekend was SO hungover/pissed i made a point of no drunken ramblings. Was away at Sziget festival week before in Hungary.Very different to Exit but very good , not as big dance music wise but as a festival experience its amazing

LOVE this programme!

Watch this regularly before i go to work. Not on any more though is it?

Hernan Cattaneo was awesome at Gallery, that main room soundsystem is made for bassy rolling progressive beats. Enjoyed Stu's early stint too.

Watch this regularly before i go to work. Not on any more though is it?

Hernan Cattaneo was awesome at Gallery, that main room soundsystem is made for bassy rolling progressive beats. Enjoyed Stu's early stint too.

Its on about 7 but only 1 show, at the moment most of the morning TV is Big Brother!

Back