Weekend rundowns..

I-Spy

It's August and all of a sudden the crowds are here.

Thurs..Benirras beach in the day time.
Then went to a fantastic villa party near Jesus, Groove Armadas Andy Cato on the decks. Then on to Es Vive until silly o'clock. Best of the year so far. Well done JH !!

Friday.. Party in San Lorenzo's Ocho. Birthday for a friend. Lots of fun. Great people. Great music. Manumission for a nightcap.

Saturday. Day on Aguas Blancas followed by Barbacue in a stunning Villa in the hills above Morna Valley.
Night spent at a birthday party in Cala Mastella. Met Bryan Ferry and Caprice. Mr Ferry was less than impressed when I told him I preffered David Bowie but still thought his sound was great too.
Caprice was lovely and totally down to earth.
Watched the sun come up to reveal one of the most stunning views I've seen from a villa., everywhere the sea.

Sunday. Cala Vedella for beach and lunch. Then Blue Marlin for the evening. Paco F followed by these two guys who call themselves Goldfish.
Excellent!
They really rocked the place with a multitude of tracks and sax, flute and double bass.

Was going to try for Space...but called it a day/weekend at 2am.

That sounds like a decent weekend to me :) In fact I am green from head to toe and beyond. Any pics from this amazing weekend or all top secret?

Fri: Worked (wishing I was in Ibiza)

Sat: Work, then party at a local councillors house (wishing I was in Ibiza). Home and listened to Danny T's new album with mucho vino.

Sun: I was chef at our bbq with family & friends (wishing I was in Ibiza), obliterating my Ibiza blues by use of mucho vino

Fri - Gym sesh then wine and r&r.

Sat - Friends wedding, peed it down all day but it didn't put a dampner on it. Good fun had by all, happy couple looked great and everybody enjoyed themselves.

Sun - A little worse for wear in the morning so relaxed and watched alot of the olympics then visited people of ill health. Home early and crashed in front of the box.

Nice! Although you will have to pull some better 'clangs' than Brian Ferry and Caprice out the bag to impress us!

Me had splendid weekend. Up to lakes, took meself down to grassmere (but honey pie were not safe here...name the song?). Mates birthday party at his house.

Friday, went down with anna and another couple, had a superb dinner in grasmere & brandy in tweedies bar. ace.

Saturday, party itself. alas as you may be aware, it always rains in the lakes. on saturday it threw it down. and the party was outside. luckily a combo of gazeebos & temp structures saved the day. alas not safe enough for the DJ's to play outside which was a shame - at least one, Unabomber member, would have been ace. Band in the living room was good though. The Witch & The Robot - google em.

Sunday, family have been staying up there for weekend so had afternoon eating ice cream and playing with nephew. best fun it is possible to have:).

Not that a weekend in Moscow in any way compares to a weekend in Ibiza, but anyway...

Friday - Met a buddy for beers at Starlite Diner after work. Got wasted. Then joined some mates at Soho Rooms for a late dinner. The club at Soho was a bit empty so we headed over to Rai where entirely average Swiss DJ Antoine was headlining. From there to my new favorite after hours, Paparazzi, for an hour or two.

Saturday - Lazed around the house in the afternoon. Popped out for some Georgian takeaway to show my solidarity with Russia's neighbors to the south. Nighttime, headed over to Solyanka where Superfreq's Luke Vb absolutely rocked the place. Got wasted. Moved over to Paparazzi again for an extended session this time around.

Sunday - Woke up just in time to watch the Community Shield (very happy about the 3 hour time difference :lol:). Watched a nice little movie called "In Bruge", followed by the South Park episode Chef Returns (RIP Isaac Hayes) and the movie Serenity.

Craking wk end!
Friday, met my bro & Family in China Town for Dinner, who are over from Paris!
Saturday, had to sort out a problem with a Tenant, then went into town to do Touristy things, despite the rain! Changing of Guards, Covent Garden, St Pauls, Tate Modern, Wobbly Bridge!
Then home for a kip!
Nightime, cooked for an old gf, then went to Toolroom Knights at Ministry. Busy, not rammed, good crowd, great vibe & musically superb throughout! MK & MTV smashed it! Nearly ended up at Jaded, but thankfully didn't!
Sunday, felt rotten, dragged myself out for a Roast, was going to pop into Secret Sundays, however thought Fork that!!

sat

watched the Gers grind out a win on the television
then went to Karbon for Gee Moore & a bora bora night there

good fun - great tunes and a free cd from the man himself

limited my drinking (after last weekends disgraceful consumption) so was not wasted

sun

lunch with the in-laws in town
lounging about the rest of the day

Chilled with the kids all weekend. Went swimming and to the park. Tidied up the carnage that the kids left behind them. Watched a bit of football, lost about a score on various footie bets. Watched few films and ate well. Nice relaxing weekend. V festival this weekend so normal service will be resumed.

Long weekend of partying again...

Thursday: Went to bastard batty bass at the star of bethnal green to see hannah holland, got highly drunk and then went on to an afterparty at a place that's a sex club during the week and a club during the weekend... was empty so left and went to aquarium for Click, not your usual crowd of freaks which was nice. Nothing special so was in bed by 6am

Friday: The usual friday antics of a few drinks in the george and dragon followed by trailer trash. Saw hannah holland again (this will become a theme..) there then had a few people back to mine for silliness.

Saturday: Slept for a few hours in the morning then off to field day in viccy park. Had an absolutely amazing time despite rain mostly staying in the bugged out tent. Saw hannah holland for the 3rd time this weekend but she was amazing this time... James holden was okish but hawtin was absolutely amazing, there's a reason why he's my favourite DJ! Went on from there to Tea Bar til close then fabric, fabric was utterly rubbish and devoid of atmosphere and no DJ impressed at all, not even weatherall who was to be honest a bit cheesy... Sebo K played some ok stuff but radio slave was yawnsome. So we left around 6 to go to a lock in at platinum club which was nothing special either. Should've just finished on the high of Hawtin...

Sunday: Slept all day then woke up to try and revise for a job interview I had this morning which went fine, hopefully they'll call me back for the proper full on interview later this week... then I'll be employed again!

Last edited by a moderator:
We visited Casa Puppylovers this weekend.

6 hour drive up, 5 hour drive back (with 2 stops) :eek:

Friday night plans were shelved due to our late arrival so it was a night in with drinks and "Mr Jam twiddling his knobs" (quote from PL) to supply a wide range of musical accompaniment...

Saturday started at about 13:30 and after monging to the Olympics we headed out for food at 17:30 (I negotiated an extra 30 minutes of recovery time). Local Italian restaurant with Pasta aplenty to recharge the batteries. An evening at the Hyena comedy club beckoned but Mrs Jam sadly failed to recover from the previous evening so back to base and a copy/past of the previous night. :lol:

Back home by 3pm yesterday....

There are more details but they may take time to re-appear....

Friday - Went to Wicklow to friends house, right beside the mountains too lovely scenary and the party was small but good.

Saturday - The worse torrential rain we've had since 1986 and of course the country grinds to a standstill :rolleyes: took me hours to get home and i was soaking wet so not up for much so just had a few quiet drinks local.

Sunday - Watched Celtic beat St Mirren in an uncovincing 1-0 win, then watched Man United beat Portsmouth in the Charity Shield with my mates.

Mooched around Oxford, scowled at tourists, foreign students and the weather.

Friday - got last bits for V including a funky rainmac that no doubt the rest of Essex will have.........from H&M, waited in the Q for 20 mins I swear this is the longest I have ever waited in a store to be served.......had a nice meal after at a restaurant called Giraffe, appears to be a chain of them in London....

Saturday - shopped again, everytime I decided to go out it rained.....went round bfs in eve and made him watch 27 dresses, he wasnt impressed :lol:

Sunday - trial run with the tent, was successful, bought other bits and pieces then relaxed in eve with a roast

Now ready to rock n roll this weekend coming 8)

We visited Casa Puppylovers this weekend.

6 hour drive up, 5 hour drive back (with 2 stops) :eek:

Friday night plans were shelved due to our late arrival so it was a night in with drinks and "Mr Jam twiddling his knobs" (quote from PL) to supply a wide range of musical accompaniment...

Saturday started at about 13:30 and after monging to the Olympics we headed out for food at 17:30 (I negotiated an extra 30 minutes of recovery time). Local Italian restaurant with Pasta aplenty to recharge the batteries. An evening at the Hyena comedy club beckoned but Mrs Jam sadly failed to recover from the previous evening so back to base and a copy/past of the previous night. :lol:

Back home by 3pm yesterday....

There are more details but they may take time to re-appear....

I remember very little else except being so so pleased to have a week off work.....:lol::lol::lol:

Wonderful, albeit too short a trip, thanks for making the effort we had a ball!!!!

PS three lots of neighbours over the last 2 days asking "who did we have visiting with such a beast of a car......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Was at my best friend's wedding which was an absolute blast! Her (now) husband told the DJ to keep playing so we were there dancing to the cheesiest stuff ever. Such a good time. I've been to so many weddings where no one dances or its empty by 1... I dont' even know what time this went on until.

The groom after being complety wasted had it in his head that no one was going to be allowed to wear shoes, so he was tackling people all night taking off their shoes and socks and throwing them around the hall. Even a poor old 80 year old with a walker got tackled and his shoes thrown around the room. :lol:

I think most people left missing at least one item of closing.

Sunday, they let me go and take all the unused wine.. yummy!!

Then Sunday went mountain biking for 4-5 hours then out for a divine dinner.

Can't beleive its only Tuesday! :cry:

Fiday: Was hungover most o fthe day from thursday . Had friends birthday at pubs near me which got very messy nad inevitibly i fell asleep on a bus or 2 that i didnt need to get on in the first place and got home at 8am having travelled to deepest darkest east london

Saturday: Trying to recover from friday but couldnt really sleep. Was djing that night so messing around on the decks then went to the venue to help setup around 7. Was a squat rave in waterloo which ended up being an amazing party.Unfortunately I didnt get to play till 9am and was very worse for wear so gave it up after 2 tunes! Left at 10 and went to the pub for a couple then to a friends house for a bbq which never happened cos we all passed out .

Sunday: got home at around 8pm n slept more or less till tuesday morning cos had monday off wk

I remember very little else except being so so pleased to have a week off work.....:lol::lol::lol:

Wonderful, albeit too short a trip, thanks for making the effort we had a ball!!!!

PS three lots of neighbours over the last 2 days asking "who did we have visiting with such a beast of a car......... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Oh I also defaced one of Mr PL's Everton posters which he had kindly put up in the spare room :spank:

I swear the sight of Graeme Sharpe, Peter Reid, neville Southall and co delayed my hangover recovery time.:confused:

Oh I also defaced one of Mr PL's Everton posters which he had kindly put up in the spare room :spank:

I swear the sight of Graeme Sharpe, Peter Reid, neville Southall and co delayed my hangover recovery time.:confused:

PMSL just found "Bin Man" bubble in the rubbish this morning........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think he is secretly fuming that he never even considered that would happen - tee hee....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back