Weekend Rundowns

agentundercover

Elo everyone. Last weekend before ibiza next friday. All hopes of budgeting out the window tho.

Stag do in Newcastle friday. top event - usual steaming night out friday & the races saturday - loads of belting banter & all round high jinks:)

Just got back from radiohead at the lancs cricket ground. incredible, life affirming concert! played a classics set - pretty much everything i could have chosen myself - having a can to bring myself down! best moment, the crowd singing 'for a minute there i lost myself', whilst waiting for encore and/or them coming on for a nearly unheard of third encore....:)..no:D!

Friday - worked in the morning. Played at Ivory Blacks in Glasgow at night.

Saturday - Played at Stereofunk in Strathclyde park in the afternoon. Went to a free party at night which was excellent.

Sunday - bed

Best weekend I've had in a while.

Mine is a week rundown rather than a weekend due to a fantastic (but wet :lol::lol:!) week walking in the lakes, never been before but would definitely do it again.

Sat 21st to Sat 28th
Week in the lakes with the wife, her father and my parents, could have been a recipe for disaster but turned out to be a great laugh. Lots of rain but it didn't dampen the spirits, I think the place is just as beautiful in the wet as it is in the dry (we did experience this......well 2 days out of 7 :lol:).

Some great walks achieved, Old Man of Coniston, Wast Water (Irton Fell), Cat Bells to name a few. Lovely scenery from everywhere we went and I've never met so many friendly people in my life (walkers rock.....even the southern ones!!).

Great eating out, highlight was the Drunken Duck but many more were of a very good standard, especially the one in our village (who managed to get to know us quite well due to late night ale and whiskey testing!).

The cottage we were in was spot on, value for money, £600 for the week between five of us but it could sleep 8, as you can imagine it was massive plus it was steeped in a bit of history as appearing in many of beatrix potters books so the oldies loved that element of it!!

So overall a great week plus with all this petrol price issue and people not spending money the journey up and back was a pleasure and I'd recommend any to go and have an explore.

Only gripe is the wife thinks she has missed out on a 'proper' summer holiday so when we do it again it'll be a spring or autumn jaunt instead of a summer one.

Looking forward to the next mini break I have in Spain and then its wintersun all the way to keep the wife sweet.......Maldives is hot favourite at the moment but the Bahamas and Barbados are a close second.........we'll see!

Was meant to be a 'grown-up' civilised weekend full of family stuff but somehow ended up consuming a lake of wine :spank:

Fri - Tom off so we did a bit of shopping, then went to our fave Thai restaurant and lots of vino

Sat - family party for Tom's cousin's 21st (really weren't looking forward to this but much better than we expected and loads of free food and drink)

Sun - up ridiculously early for Tom's brother's baby's Christening, spending Sunday morning in a church was a novelty, then we all headed to this lovely bar/restaurant on the Thames and spent the day there eating and drinking, then back to his brother's to watch the footy - Vamoooosssssss Espana :lol:

Friday - quiet night in as was shattered after a week back at work!

Saturday - bought a few festival bits, including a rather heavy gazebo :confused:.
Stayed in for the eve and cooked chicken fajitas yum yum.

Sunday - friends bbq in afternoon/eve except for no food left when we got there!! So had to have a pizza which wasnt quite the same...cuddled friends newborn baby for ages, was so cute :) and then got home about 1030 to my sisters supposed BBQ (my parents are away) which I thought was 3 friends was actually about 10 of them all beered up, playing twister, lights off, music blaring, shouting screaming etc etc. I refrained from saying anything but had an awful night sleep.......

Woke up this morning, doesnt look like much damage just lots of bottles about...and loads of washing up (for her). Took the rubbish out and managed to step in what can only be described as animal dung/animal sick. Was VILE.

So a great start to Monday but its ok because the sun is shining 8)

Fri - Tom off so we did a bit of shopping, then went to our fave Thai restaurant and lots of vino
Would that be the Blue Elephant, by chance? 8) (see below)

Friday - Arrived home from Vienna after attending the Russia-Spain Euro semifinal. Took a long afternoon nap. Went to see a photography exhibit which includes some of Irina's work. 8)

Met up with some friends for dinner at the Blue Elephant and was very impressed... it's been open for a couple of years but I somehow hadn't been yet. Just as tasty as the one in Fulham. 8) 8)

Attended a Renaissance party headlined by Audiofly and Futureshock. Very good tunes 8) although the atmosphere was a little subdued. From there, we went to the new rooftop dancefloor at Soho Rooms for afterhours.

Saturday - Had an early evening work meeting. Then bought a set of surround speakers & subwoofer. STAYED HOME :eek::eek::eek: on Saturday night plugging in wires. Made some Jambalaya...mmm.

Sunday - Made massive progress in the neverending battle to get our apartment organized. 8) Made some chicken divan. Watched the football... go Spain!

Not much for me... just moving this weekend.. but whent out Friday night to see Donald Glaude and dj Dan.. it was a bit backwardxs baseball caps and under 20 crowd and the od 40 year old dreadlocked hippy..but was actually good fun.

I've seen Donald Galdue several years back... he has to be the most energetic, jumping up and down, punching the air, crazy energy Dj i've ever seen! :lol:

Still, I left early andgot home at a sensible time :lol:

Horrendously drunk friday at work colleagues leaving do
Worked saturday with horrendous hangover
Chilled saturday night
Went to Richmond riverside sunday afternoon and stupidly decided to get bang on it
Horrendously hungover today

Friday - Working until 9.30pm:confused: went home, had some food went to bed.

Saturday - Up @ 5am, bus to airport, flight to Manchester with the lads, got an 8 seater taxi to Rhyl, and arrived just in time for opening time;) come noon the place was mobbed with Bohs fans, a good 700 made the journey from Dublin, some arrived the nite before majority on a day trip, went to the game @ 2.30, we were 4-2 up at half time, and 5-1 from the 1st leg so decided enough was enough and retired to the pub:lol:, come 11pm and we were absolutely hammered after a pub crawl involving loads of pubs, got the train to Holyhead then Ferry home although it's all a blur after a serious days drinking.

Sunday - Work up at 6.30pm:oops: and chilled, nasty nasty hangover but top session in Ryhl,locals quite friendly.;)

Friday, took it easy, watched Jonathan Ross!!
Saturday, Sunshine & Pimms in Camden, then onto Ministry for Roger Sanchez, which rocked, late night!
Sunday, picked my Mum up from the Airport, then spent yesterday at hers!!

Thurs

Flew out with the in-laws and my baby nephew to Girona as my brother-in-law had a friend getting married there and we were helping babysit on the hol

Absolutely stunning apartments (Hotel Historic) and what a lovely place Girona old town is.

Managed to catch a little of the Spain semi-final as we ate in the apartments to let the little one settle

Fri

Explored the town a bit, generally sitting in the square having beer and tapas.
Made the walk to the local pool and had a nice swim there, including little Greig's first swim.

After dinner i joined the b-i-l at the start of the stag night for a couple but left them to it

Sat

Intention was to get to Barcelona early. However, with 6 adults and a baby it was never going to be that easy - plus we hadn't planned it at all

Got there early afternoon and using some dodgy map planning (not me) we eventually just stopped for lunch anywhere and then made our way to the harbour

Unfortunately, there was wedding stuff to take part in so it was only time for a quick look and a drink then back to Girona

Sun

Another walk around the town and then Laura and I had a little exploring trip along the city walls. With temps of 34 celsius tho' we had to stop the walking to sit for a drink then back to start the full babysitting duties

Didn't see all the final due to attending to Greig and then moving out to get some dinner. However, managed to get the lad to sleep on the way to find a restaurant only for Spain to score and the firecrackers to start - hence, a wide awake baby for hours!!

Took him back early to get him settled for the night only for a power-out at midnight!!! Apparently, they were testing the city power grid for 5 hours!!!!!!

Mon

Another day of wandering around the town and a massive lunch! before the flight back to the positively freezing Scotland.

All in all a great weekend and lovely to spend time with my smiley wee nephew

Uuuuugh...

Got back from Glasto late last night. Feeling really quite damaged.

It was amaaaaazing and I have dirty fingernails.

Back