Weekend Rundowns

macdonsj

I'll start since i am in work on the bank holiday and its a waste of time being here

Sat - Cup Final, close score-wise but apart from a 10 min spell, Rangers largely controlled the match, seemed to want to walk the ball in the net tho

Amy Macdonald at the Carling Academy - excellent gig, i like her stuff but it was the missus that got tickets - great time

Sun - golf in the morning that was frankly ludicrous

dinner in the evening followed by the new Indiana Jones movie - decent enough, nothing spectacular but a good Indy movie tho

I'm still recovering from the exhaustion (and a slight cold) from the past couple of weeks... didn't make it to work until after lunch today. I had planned to have a (somewhat) quiet weekend but...

Thursday - After a long Wednesday night, I only made it to work at 6pm :lol: Worked until 10:30 then went out for dinner at Soho Rooms with the last of our UK friends in town for the CL Final. Followed that up by taking a couple of them to Propaganda for a bit of a boogie. Place was packed with obnoxious drunk Mancunians falling all over themselves :confused: At least Germany's Norman Webber was there to spin some good tunes.

Friday - Showed up to work after lunch :confused: Later headed over to B1 Maximum for the Roisin Murphy concert :D :D :D This lady knows how to deliver a concert... and the many costume changes are a treat! :lol: Plans for an early night went out the window as we were dragged by friends to a party at Gazgallery where M.A.N.D.Y.'s lablemates DJ T, Heidi and Tomas Schumacher were headlining. Only got to stay long enough to see Heidi's set (very good!) before racing over to Club 1171 to meet up with my Man U-supporting brother-in-law & his girlfriend on their last night in town. Some horrible UK DJ named Rythmn Doctor was playing... hurt my ears! We bailed out to Starlite Diner for breakfast.

Saturday - Lazy afternoon at home. Feasted at a Georgian restaurant for dinner, caught a small bit of Eurovision, then went to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Wasn't too impressed, really. :confused:

Sunday - Did a bit of tech shopping in the afternoon. Added 1 terrabyte of network attached storage plus a new pre-N class wifi router to our home network (**geek alert** :lol:). Made a curry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fri - headed to Elephant & Castle and met Ferd and his Barry for a few drinks and then headed to The Gallery at it's new home - Ministry. This wouldn't have been my usual choice of night (was being a good wifey) but I reallyreallyreally enjoyed myself :D Oakie, Seb and Hernan were all excellent and thought they really suited the Box. Left at the end, bit of kidnapping and back to ours......

Sat - usual aftershow antics til I lightweighted out, woke up feeling like I'd been runover so a night of pizza, wine and the boxing

Sun - went drinking by the river in Chiswick and then had dinner at Annie's restaurant which I would def recommend

Mon - absolutely pi$$ing it down in London :evil: so spending the day doing Ibiza fashion shows and slowly putting 56243564237 CDs back on my itunes :twisted:

Friday - dinner with best mate, was really nice to catch up as we dont see each other as much as we used to/in our teenage days so was lovely to sit down, eat and chat, we were gassing for HOURS. Her boyfriend has got to have heart surgery after having palpitations and too fast heartbeat so we were both a bit worried about that :confused:

Saturday - shopped all day firstly on my own, then with mother. Got some nice bits, had to put a Kate Moss dress back as really couldnt justify spending that much before getting paid but my lovely boyfriend went back to get it for me later which was a very nice surprise :lol: we then spent the evening in watching Phoenix Nights and eating our bodyweight in Ben and Jerrys.

Sunday - spent most of the day at a family thing of the boyfriends, was quite a laugh but a very long day.

Monday - most miserable day ever this month, the rain well and truly depressed me so we spent the afternoon on the Wii - Ive never played before - I am now aching like god knows what after whipping the Bfs ass on Boxing he he he :p

Went down my mums for weekend with the missus and the kids.

Got sunburnt down the beach. Took kids on minature railway to a fun fair.

Had bbq. Drunk loads ate loads. Back Sunday evening chilled out.

Yesterday slept and caught with some sky+ action. Hate to admit it sobbed at end of 1 episode of Dirty Sexy Money when the bloke was saying goobye to his son who his mum was taking away to live in Brazil. :cry:

Last night watch the greatest every living British sportsman lift the Premier League Darts title.

I know... it was only after seeing this that I remembered that Lonely Planet had put Propaganda in their travel guides for the final :spank:

I'm probably coming to Moscow in October for business, would be handy if I could pick your brains :?::lol: especially about accomodation and things :confused:8)

Signed a contract on a new flat share near london fields so a few drinks round that way in the sun then went to Minimal Carnival which was good if a little drunkardly.
Saturday , couldnt sleep for some reason so was up at 9am still pissed , went to mates bbq all day then headed to Brixton to dj for abit.
Sunday went to Brick Lane n hung around Cafe 1001 then headed to a crazy squat party right next to Waterloo , its was incredible how they got away with it , a whole 7 - 8 story office block completely empty apart fgrom people partying , very surreal

Fri: In work during the day. Drove to Cheshire straight afterwards to see the in-laws in Bolington.

Sat: All headed to Wales to spend the day in Llandudno. Lovely weather and felt like a kid again - flying a kite on the beach and eating ice-cream and a fish supper! Drove back to theirs at night, rather exhausted.

Sun: Roast dinner for lunch at a lovely old pub in Cheadle and then back to Glasgow. Headed to Get A Room at the Brunswick Hotel at night with a few friends. A fun if slightly surreal annual charity event in which the whole hotel is taken over by djs, bands, visual art and bizarre performance pieces. Came back to mine afterwards for more fun and frolics.

Mon: Continuation of Sunday. Amazing weather so all sat out on the balcony with some liquid refreshments. A real sun-trap so stripped down to bikinis!

It's what Bank Holiday weekends were made for. 8)

Word up! Cracker of a weekend.

Was here there and blummin everywhere last week, awards ceremonies, company dinners etc etc. Was in danger of becoming a goats cheese terrine.

I complain, but it was actually a massive week as to be invited to these things is a very good sign alone & I was by far the youngest at the table, another big positive.

Anyway, I digress - point is, much earned stay in with the missus on Friday.

Saturday, went to the cricket test - brilliant. Utterly ace. Like a day in DC10!! Fancy dress, sun, booze. Brill. Great crack with a mate from old and his London based buddies.

Burnt like a lobster tho.

Sunday, off to the smoke. Stayed at missus's sisters in Wilsden Green. Took the afternoon off by myself and went for a look around Hampstead. Not controversial to say what a lovely place. Took my walk down Spaniards way and down The Bishops Avenue. Holly Camolly! For those who do not know this is where the Saudi / Brunei royals and assorted billionaires have their piles. Some of the most gaudy residential architecture I ever did see - some of them make buckingham palace seem like a play shed! (well maybe). Well worth a look if your ever in the area.

Monday - play off final Stockport v Rochdale at Wembley. Stockport won 3-2. Result one very happy girlfriend:p

Got seriously excited about Ibiza also this weekend. Only 4 weeksish away now.

Had a great night at Ministry on friday. Excellent sets from Seb, Hernan and Oakie. Thought they got the schedule all wrong having Oakie before Seb Fontaine and with Hernan closing but still..

Did nothing else all weekend

A little late but...great weekend:D

Friday - Met up with some other Celtic supporters for a celebration night basically a continuation of Thursday, Champagne and lots of beer and singing, superb nite.8)

Saturday - Amazingly enough wasn't that hungover, i must be becoming immune to alcohol after drinking so much over the last few previous days,so went to the gym, steam room and pool,that nite i went to see Ireland v Serbia which was dreadful to say the least, just as well i got a free ticket or id have been gutted paying to watch that crap, Trappatoni has a massive job on his hands to do something with the
bunch of donkeys we have representing Ireland:confused: watched the Ricky Hatton fight afterwards and well done to him, then we went to (for a change from the usual bars)
http://www.floridita.co.uk/dublin/
was different , very plush place,good time but a complete rip off for drinks so doubt we'll go there again.

Sunday - Went to the Zoo with my mate who had his young nephew with him, was a laugh, then had a kickabout in the park and then home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fri: The plan for a few quiet drinks turned into a kidnapping - grrrr damn my lack of resolve.

Sat: Pottered around and then watched the two Cities play their game of football - quiet night with pizza wine and film.

Sun: Football (again) newspapers and Fashion shows for the following days activities at Evolution. Will it be rainy, will it be sunny - will it be Force 9 gales along the river??

Mon/Tue: Met up with everyone at Stereo for lunch at 2pm, had a few swift drinks and ended up meeting up with all the old faces that only seem to come out of hibernation for Evolution...:lol::lol::lol::lol: but lovely to catch up all the same. Walked along to Mal Maison to collect VIP passes and have a couple of glasses of bubbly then a walk along to the main stage to catch up with the usual suspects. Managed to see Duffy perform, (great voice on her and she's is sooooooo tiny - pocketsize in fact! :lol::lol:), mingled with some random band members (as you do) and whom I had no idea who they were, but at least I did better than the promoter's girlfriend who after we were introduced to Mike Skinner, insisted on calling him Frank for the rest of the night.... :eek: Bless him - he seemed very un-precious about the mix up... :lol::lol::lol:(and The Streets were excellent too! V impressed with them live 8)8)).

It all gets a bit hazy and a bit blurry after than - but we had an excellent afternoon/evening, got sunburnt on chest and shoulders (wasnt expecting that in the NE on a BH that's for sure) got to bed about 7.00am yesterday - got up around midday and wanted to die........ lack of sleep is just horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!

Wed: Work - thank the Lord for reality..... back in the land of the living....

Fri: The plan for a few quiet drinks turned into a kidnapping - grrrr damn my lack of resolve.

Sat: Pottered around and then watched the two Cities play their game of football - quiet night with pizza wine and film.

Sun: Football (again) newspapers and Fashion shows for the following days activities at Evolution. Will it be rainy, will it be sunny - will it be Force 9 gales along the river??

Mon/Tue: Met up with everyone at Stereo for lunch at 2pm, had a few swift drinks and ended up meeting up with all the old faces that only seem to come out of hibernation for Evolution...:lol::lol::lol::lol: but lovely to catch up all the same. Walked along to Mal Maison to collect VIP passes and have a couple of glasses of bubbly then a walk along to the main stage to catch up with the usual suspects. Managed to see Duffy perform, (great voice on her and she's is sooooooo tiny - pocketsize in fact! :lol::lol:), mingled with some random band members (as you do) and whom I had no idea who they were, but at least I did better than the promoter's girlfriend who after we were introduced to Mike Skinner, insisted on calling him Frank for the rest of the night.... :eek: Bless him - he seemed very un-precious about the mix up... :lol::lol::lol:(and The Streets were excellent too! V impressed with them live 8)8)).

It all gets a bit hazy and a bit blurry after than - but we had an excellent afternoon/evening, got sunburnt on chest and shoulders (wasnt expecting that in the NE on a BH that's for sure) got to bed about 7.00am yesterday - got up around midday and wanted to die........ lack of sleep is just horrible, horrible, horrible!!!!

Wed: Work - thank the Lord for reality..... back in the land of the living....

Love Duffy, must get her album

Back