Weekend Reports

agentundercover

Had one of the greats. Flew to Geneva on Thursday, transfer to Morzine.

Then hit the slopes, hired an unreal bike (worth quite a bit more than my car!), took the lifts up from Morzine and Les Gets, and flew down.

Reasonable night life there - for a few beers, nothing 'proper' going on.

Only negative was the cost of anything, but in the alps thats expected & seeing people being air ambulanced off after crashes :cry:

Had one of the greats. Flew to Geneva on Thursday, transfer to Morzine.

Then hit the slopes, hired an unreal bike (worth quite a bit more than my car!), took the lifts up from Morzine and Les Gets, and flew down.

Reasonable night life there - for a few beers, nothing 'proper' going on.

Only negative was the cost of anything, but in the alps thats expected & seeing people being air ambulanced off after crashes :cry:

Was it worth the trip for a couple of days ?

Sounds good G!

Wicked weekend for me. Landed in Malta late Friday night, concert promoter had arranged a car and had us to hotel in no time, so we popped out for a couple of drinks.

Rest of the weekend involved sun-bathing/drinking/eating by the pool and Saturday night's visit to the the concert:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/zea...-calleja-perform-concert-photo-005118349.html

Would have been nice to do some sightseeing but we weren't prepared for how hot is was, and as we didn't have long it was just nice cool off by the pool.8)

Was a little embarassed on check out, when they insisted the promoter had left strict instructions they weren't to take money for anything from us and he would cover it all. Had I known that before, I might not have hammered the mini-bar etc:oops:

Quiet weekend for me, sorting out insurance and stuff for Ibiza.

Pub last night, and am now a member of the hangover club because of it...

Quiet weekend for me, sorting out insurance and stuff for Ibiza.

Pub last night, and am now a member of the hangover club because of it...

Nothing like polishing your halo all weekend and then still having a hangover on a Monday!:lol:

Tonight - Big art exhibit opening, then monthly drinking session with the foreign journalists corps

Friday - Erasure concert :D Followed by Krysha Mira nightclub's 5th birthday party with Jamie Jones, Paco Osuna and Something a la Mode headlining 8)

Saturday - The American Chamber of Commerce's annual US Independence Day festival (largest such event outside the USA!) which means an afternoon of drinking beer and eating unhealthy food :lol: Later on - Sander Kleinenberg @ new club Discodome. Depending on stamina, head to Krysha Mira for birthday weekend part 2 with Abe Duque, Chaim and local heroes Spy.Der and Fish.

Sunday - Curl up in my bed :lol:
Did all as planned except:
a) found out once inside Discodome that Kleinenberg had taken ill and rescheduled for Sept 30, and
b) went to the pub with friends on Sunday night to watch USA v Brazil in the Women's World Cup and ended up in a marathon drinking session

After 4 days of boozing it up I can actually feel my kidneys :( :lol:

Erasure was awesome, by the way. Andy has still got it!
and Jamie Jones totally rocked the party on Friday.

Wow -envious of both Buckers and the agent!

I spent the weekend looking at "immaculate condition" cars that included fag burns on seats, accident damage and knackered AC compressors (fairly important). :spank:

Might be renting for a little while longer at this rate :rolleyes:

We experienced our first sandstorm yesterday (cue the Darude track). The wind picked up, sky darkened and we were expecting a thunderstorm but after grabbing the Mini Jams in from the garden we took shelter inside and watched their toys get blown around as visibility dropped to about 30ft :eek:

It only lasted about 20 minutes but I wouldn't like to be outside or driving in one!

No hangovers - still alcohol free after 10 weeks and 5 days. :)

We experienced our first sandstorm yesterday (cue the Darude track). The wind picked up, sky darkened and we were expecting a thunderstorm but after grabbing the Mini Jams in from the garden we took shelter inside and watched their toys get blown around as visibility dropped to about 30ft :eek:

It only lasted about 20 minutes but I wouldn't like to be outside or driving in one!

No hangovers - still alcohol free after 10 weeks and 5 days. :)

Love seeing storms, have a burning desire to be one of those storm chaser idiots, the sand storm would be good on the cv!

Is the no liquor due to being where you are now living? I thought the laws were more relaxed?

Friends over on Saturday for a bbq, none of our friends share our habit of eating after 10pm and seem to get quite twitchy when the food hasn't surfaced by the time it starts getting dark!!:lol::lol: Good night though fairly early finish.

Sunday work and walk followed by far more beers than should have been the case for the sabbath.

A bit broken to be honest....

After Thursday nights carnage, I was fairly ok for the parental meal on Friday - only had one drink but again, hardly any sleep - mostly due to stuffing my face far too much, partly because it chinese and my fav, and partly due to the hangover from the night before....

Saturday when out for a wholesome day off exercise and fresh air and got caught in a torrential downpour and thunderstorm - pretty cool actually 8) Went out that night for a birthday party - managed 3 drinks and wanted to go home by 11 - and again, hardly any bloody sleep.... :spank:

Sunday: again one drink (quite getting used to this - its quite nice just having the one) then went to watch various bands then Neville Staples , followed by The Buzzcocks - quality day - was like an old reunion. We must have bumped into about 20 people from back in the day so we all joined up and ended up all together for the full event - was bizarre to see mates from 30 years back with their kids ranging from 11 - 3 running around in old punk t shirts and singing along to the songs of The Specials and Buzzcocks - so much better than seeing friends with their kids loving The Saturdays, Katy Perry and other generic bollocks.... had a tear in my eye :lol::lol::lol:

I need some proper full on sleep - last night again - woke up 3 times.....

today I am a bit zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Play golf all weekend it was hot and sunny shot in the 90's

Sunday watched the USA women come back and converted a bar into soccer ball fans

Tres quiet one for me with minimum alcohol consumption. Was drinking a cup of tea at 11pm on Saturday night :lol:

Went for a facial peel consultation at SK:N in Birmingham on Saturday which was a bit disappointing to be honest. Didn't like the place, didn't like the 'spiel' and definitely didn't like the price :eek:

I think I might just treat myself to some new make up instead :lol:

Tres quiet one for me with minimum alcohol consumption. Was drinking a cup of tea at 11pm on Saturday night :lol:

Went for a facial peel consultation at SK:N in Birmingham on Saturday which was a bit disappointing to be honest. Didn't like the place, didn't like the 'spiel' and definitely didn't like the price :eek:

I think I might just treat myself to some new make up instead :lol:

Putting myself up for a shooting down here as it aint very blokey:oops: What sort of price are you talking about here, sort of googled this and couldn't get an idea of the cost of a facial peel?

Putting myself up for a shooting down here as it aint very blokey:oops: What sort of price are you talking about here, sort of googled this and couldn't get an idea of the cost of a facial peel?

£850 plus all the lotions and potions you have to slap on before and after.

That was to lessen the appearnace of acne scarring and melasma (brown pigmentation caused by hormones).

I knew it wasn't going to be cheap but didn't expect it to cost the best part of a grand =(

Back