Weekend Reports

still up from the weekend. is public holiday here so went out sunday. Fatboy slim party on an island on the beach, was brilliant , full of jersey shore types , dont remember main event after all that so cant comment on his performance. party on wayne....

Friday, met up with all the Ibiza girls and in a nut shell 'were f**ked' :lol: we wana do every club night thats on....actually wont be resting at all on this holiday, bring it on :D

Saturday and Sunday - nice few days spent with the BF...and for once him and i didnt end up battered 8) funny how you notice more what people actually look like in a club when your sober...you seem to notice the absolute trollops the most :lol:

Sunshine, BBQ, San Miguel 8)

I watched the U2 Glasto gig back on friends Sky+ and saw our flag and 2 of our team right at the front. I'm in there somewhere but being 5' 3" I was behind the tall person as usual :lol:

Sunshine, BBQ, San Miguel 8)

I watched the U2 Glasto gig back on friends Sky+ and saw our flag and 2 of our team right at the front. I'm in there somewhere but being 5' 3" I was behind the tall person as usual :lol:

i watched u2 on telly and im not a big fan by any means but will admite they have some amazing tunes but the performance seemed abit wooden???? bit underwhelming i thought

T'was the Birthday weekend for moi. Rocked it up a fair amount, if I do say so myself.

Friday: Worked. Ended up doing overtime as we had to rush a release out on Friday.
Then some mates came over, and had a few drinks. Headed in to town, and went to Stinky's.
Myself and a friend played back to back for an hour, 10 - 11. Was our first club gig. Great fun. Great sound system too, which made a very good change. Most of the folks headed off after I finished. Had several drinks, and got chatting to Dave Horne (Anjunadeep producer) about the state of Trance music. Was interesting to see the inside perspective of producing, and the like. Also, my main Desktop PC at home broke.

Saturday: Woke up without feeling too bad. Turned up the home cinema system, and played back to back with two other friends in the flat most of the afternoon. Went in to town and visited Therapy record. Had a slight arguement (Well, my friend did) with the shop over CD Quality vs Vinyl Quality. Headed back home, and spent the evening either DJing, playing Guitar Hero, watching Baseball (one of my friends is American), or drinking.

Sunday: With the beautiful weather, headed up to Harrogate for a very tasty BBQ. Came home to the devestation that was my flat, and tidied it up.

All in all, an epic weekend. Will be watching the pennies now though!

T'was the Birthday weekend for moi. Rocked it up a fair amount, if I do say so myself.

Friday: Worked. Ended up doing overtime as we had to rush a release out on Friday.
Then some mates came over, and had a few drinks. Headed in to town, and went to Stinky's.
Myself and a friend played back to back for an hour, 10 - 11. Was our first club gig. Great fun. Great sound system too, which made a very good change. Most of the folks headed off after I finished. Had several drinks, and got chatting to Dave Horne (Anjunadeep producer) about the state of Trance music. Was interesting to see the inside perspective of producing, and the like. Also, my main Desktop PC at home broke.

Saturday: Woke up without feeling too bad. Turned up the home cinema system, and played back to back with two other friends in the flat most of the afternoon. Went in to town and visited Therapy record. Had a slight arguement (Well, my friend did) with the shop over CD Quality vs Vinyl Quality. Headed back home, and spent the evening either DJing, playing Guitar Hero, watching Baseball (one of my friends is American), or drinking.

Sunday: With the beautiful weather, headed up to Harrogate for a very tasty BBQ. Came home to the devestation that was my flat, and tidied it up.

All in all, an epic weekend. Will be watching the pennies now though!

mate sounds like belter. always good craic playing tunes with your mates. so what is the state of trance music accordinng to this guy??

Friday had a quiet night in as the BF was out with his mates in London, woke up at 2am on the sofa with him calling saying could I get him from the station, ended up going out at 2am in my PJs to get him :lol:

Saturday had my hair done and then had a walk round the shops (I dont know if I am getting more snobby in my old age but Sarfend high st has gone SO downhill), evening we went to friends for takeaway, the boys watched the boxing in 3D and us girls went out for some cocktails

Sunday made the most of the sun and just took it easy

i watched u2 on telly and im not a big fan by any means but will admite they have some amazing tunes but the performance seemed abit wooden???? bit underwhelming i thought

Not for me :D

I couldn't actually see anything from where I was stood on the actual night so watching it back made me get excited all over again. To me they all seemed to be enjoying themselves, and seemed quite laid back and relaxed. I'll admit I was slightly hoping they might have bought some theatrics with them seeing as it was their first ever Glasto appearance, and I never got to see the Zoo TV or PopMart tour, but I certainly wasn't disappointed :)

mate sounds like belter. always good craic playing tunes with your mates. so what is the state of trance music accordinng to this guy??

That the big named DJs are helping to kill the scene, basically, by charging just way too much, and only playing at the venues with the high capacities. After all, when was the last time you heard Armin Van Buuren or Ferry Corsten playing a venue with less than 1,000 people? As a result, the line ups are never perceived to be strong enough for the smaller venues if they do put anything on. I mean, I can't think of any new trance nights that have cropped up in the last few years that have done well. The established ones do because, well, they are established, and have the venues / finances to book the venues and the big DJs.
In my opinion, a gig is a gig, whether paying to 50 people or 5000 people.

And that some of labels are forcing producers to produce particular sounds, and won't sign a song that deviates from what they perceive to be your sound. Which means that producers can become stale.

And that Armin is a very clever businessman. I mean, everything, ASOT, the Armada record label, Alda Events, everything, are all used to promote his own brand, and make him a very very rich man, and charge a small fortune for his gigs. (Well in excess of £20,000 for two hours)
He's owns well over 30 trance labels, including Paul Van Dyk's Vandit, Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto and Markus Schulz's Coldharboud Recordings. And makes money off of each of these as well. 50 - 60% of Trance music is released on one of Armin's labels

Saturday at the beach by day and private party with muchos Champagne in the pm ..

Sunday - back to the beach to swim off hangover. Just getting merry in the evening when power goes out and was on & off for most of the night... the lane is being dug up as I write tho' thankfully we're not affected now.

Monday - Cavity wall idiots arrive first thing to add insulation to old house. Turns out after usual marathon overcoming the mountains that are always made of molehills the company's surveyor has f***ed up and not realised the walls are already filled when he drilled his trial hole 4 months ago.

15 huge holes in the wall later and it's all a b***dy waste of a beautiful morning. wtf ?? Another perfect day. Packing it in early & going to the beach to have a swim before rain spoils the rest of the week.

Did BBQ all weekend long this is America Independence day bank holiday. I will go watch fireworks and a parade today because it is the 4th of July. Feeling good for being on the trot for 3 days now. I will take it slow today:lol:

Friday - saw Larry Crowne at the flicks. Don't bother

Saturday - Great BBQ with old friends. Watched the boxing in the evening at a local boozer. Disappointing but unsurprising.

Sunday - Wireless at Hyde Park after getting a new tattoo. Will start a separate thread with a photo. Queues were massive! Grace Jones was amazing! Can't believe she's 63! Pulp were even better - all the hits, exactly what it said on the tin!8)

Friday - saw Larry Crowne at the flicks. Don't bother

Saturday - Great BBQ with old friends. Watched the boxing in the evening at a local boozer. Disappointing but unsurprising.

Sunday - Wireless at Hyde Park after getting a new tattoo. Will start a separate thread with a photo. Queues were massive! Grace Jones was amazing! Can't believe she's 63! Pulp were even better - all the hits, exactly what it said on the tin!8)

queues were huge at the Kings Of Leon gig at Hyde Park the other week as well mate.....

Friday - Went to an art exhibit opening and got to have a good half hour chat with one of my heroes of Russian politics, Irina Khakamada (very interesting woman. read up on her if you've a spare moment). Then went to see m friends' band play at Chesterfields bar, followed the gang over to Krizis Zhanra for more drinks and finally to Kysha Mira to dance on the rooftop as the sun rose.

Saturday - Went to a wedding at an old estate on the edge of town. Lots of friends, lovely sentiments, and generally a good time. Barely remember the ride back into town though :lol: Went to watch Kitschko v Hayes then back to Krysha Mira again because I like variety :confused: :lol:

Sunday - Wrecked most of the day but dragged myself out to the cinema to watch the Hangover 2 with the gang. Then we went out for Indian and hung out until late.

Exhausted today... just went to the US Ambassador's house for the 4th of July reception and now back in my office about to pass out at my desk :confused: :lol:

Back