We are only going to see Carl Cox at Space 21-25/8/2016

claretclubber

Our group has been clubbing for 15 years and Carl Cox has been a big part of it. The first trip to Ibiza we landed Tuesday midnight and we were in Space by 1:30am. We left when it closed, went to bora bora for a beer and came back for I’n Bed With Space’ at 7:30 I think.

When we heard it was the final chapter – we had to be there one more time.

I can not promise this will be interesting but i have read so many nuggets of information on spotlight over the years I had to complete a review!

Sunday 21st

Landed just after midnight, walked off the plane, collect bags and was sat in taxi within 15 minutes- must be once of quickest airports to get through:cool:

Es Pla Hotel San Antonio. First time good location, just down from the Egg/Wips, close to Eden and Es Paradise if that’s your thing. Very short walk to the harbor, the relatively cheap beach bars Orange corner, Bar M, Itica, Bay Bar and the beach. Clean rooms, good aircon, no noise from the road, two pools- used neither although the back one played music. Friends had a superior room and it was like they were in a different hotel it was nice! Security as tight as a duck’s arse- no getting friends in there:confused:

Mrs and I walked into the West End for a night cap because we had not stayed in the area for last 3 years, our friends opted for a quiet night. Walked up the main street, was busy enough not uncomfortable, certainly didn’t feel too rough. Went to Amsterdam bar, got the usually x amount of drinks for 12 euros, like people watching in the West End. As they brought the drinks they started clearing all the tables around us! Serve us the drinks and then expect us to shift-no:mad:

Monday 22nd

Can not remember the last breakfast we had in a hotel on the island! Not a bad effort to fill us up for the day-served till 12 which is a bonus.

The 5 of us walked round to the Star Boats jetty and picked up a load of food and more importantly beer :D The boats are super easy to drive, not fast but we don’t have licenses so that is fair. Headed straight for Playa Conta whilst taking the canopy down on the boat. Moored just off the beach in a perfect spot, close to some rocks for snorkeling, people watching & relaxing swim/beer time. Drove back west along the coast to just past Cala Bassa. Moored the boat whilst I swam over to the cave, climbed in and up the rocks- jumped in a few times. It isn’t massive but big enough to get the pulse racing. Had some food, fed the fish and generally messed about before taking a look at Cala Bassa. Had a look at the cave, nothing too special compared to some I visited in the south of France earlier in the year on the Calanques. Moored again at Port Des Torrent, the bay was nice for swimming but whilst snorkeling noticed a few jelly fish so we moved over to have a mess around the sunset strip before returning the boat.

160 euro or 32 euro pp + some beer = brilliant start to the day 11am till 3:30 http://www.starboatsibiza.com/

Changed into our evening attire and met 15 or so mates at Mambo where we’d pre paid 70 euro each for a spot on the decking. I commented on the thread by Azibi16 about paying 150euro for vip at mambo, the night we went there was no pre party, it wouldn't have been my choice to book it but with friends new to the island over for a wedding on the other side of the island it was actually really good. The sun did its bit and set....as stunning as ever! Then we had drinks at Koppas - lots of drinks, we headed to Itica to see our local dj Paul Taylor’s Retro because we knew it was accessible for those who are not really into dance music. At 3am I decided I needed to be at Cocoon so my mate and I jumped in a taxi. Got on the terrace, nicely busy but not elbow to elbow but did not look like Sven at all on the decks...eventually we checked spotlight to find he was in the main room! Good time was had :twisted:

Tuesday 23rd

Up in time for breakfast yay :)

Hit the beach. Not sure what has happened but there was loads of slimey seaweed in the shallows in front of the beach bars. Slept then had a few cocktails to bring us round.

My best mates who had a villa in San Jose had their heads set on bora bora before the big night – Carl Cox. I was not feeling it, I find it ok but nothing too special and expensive down Bossa for a pre drink. Mrs and 4 mates who’d not been to the capital before caught the 10:30 bus to Ibiza Town – 2 euro bargain ;)

Got green eyed looking at the yachts. Radian was the most impressive monster I’ve ever seen! Had some cocktails on Carrer Enmig amongst the boutiques, then headed to Carrer de le Mare de Deu for more drinks starting at Lady Di ending at Sunrise which was tipped on here. The atmosphere was good, as were the drinks and it felt a friendly mix of boys/girls.

Taxi to the world’s best club – to see the world’s best dj.

Large queue and we all peaked too early but got in around 2am. We headed for our spot left of the dance floor, no chance with there being around 15/20 of us- camped near the bar at the back. A few in the group couldn’t handle the busy period up to around 4am, some only lasted 10 minutes! 3 females of our group got pick pocketed within a 10 minute period....spoil our nights...no way :cool:

Carl Cox was brilliant, even further back the room/lazers/sound system was amazing. Then Loco Dice came back B2B- only criticism was not showing who was dj on the screen often enough. Mrs got tired at 7:30am so I reluctantly left, my mates were still in at 8am.

I walked round one last time around 6am :cry:

Wednesday 24th

Couldn’t move from bed until 3pm. Died on the beach, went to Ritas for a sandwich – they messed up a goats cheese salad with the wrong cheese...unhappy Mrs. Had a couple of cocktails and headed to Cova Santa for Woomoon.

Looked great getting there, children play area near the entrance. Then bumped into a lad we know from the island who is involved with the production who assured us we were in a great place to enjoy our last night. There’s loads of stuff to explore, there’s a wide selection of different foods and even being very busy it was not hard to get food or drink. The music was similar to Goa trance to my untrained ear. Again some friends couldn’t handle how busy it was and got off soon. About 10 of us stuck around chilling, looking at the art and people watching. Then we found the club. Firstly we’ve never been to Cova Santa- Ibiza has the best clubs, even the small ones like this are beautiful, the LED screens 360 on the walls, lights and material hanging from the roof and the techno beats we are more accustomed to.

My wife and I dipped in and out of the club, getting drinks, perched under the tree next to the purple hut – great people watching spot. We left at 2am - my friends left at 4:30. Didn’t have to wait long for a taxi.

It is often asked where have all the creative/different/wacky people gone in Ibiza? They were at this party, alongside the rich, families and joe bloggs from the UK like us :cool:

Thursday 25th

Normally we are gutted to leave the place we enjoy so much. All we have to look forward to is rain, the blues, brain zaps and work.

Originally we’d planned Formentera to chill for a few days but August meant it was way too expensive! So we flew to Malaga for 35 euros and used time share points to get a nice apartment on the Costa del Sol where we ate too well, swam and refreshed. A holiday after Ibiza will certainly be part of the plan from now on :idea:

To sum up we enjoyed being based back in San An compared to Bossa. Simply more going on in the day, actually a nicer resort, mixture of reasonable drinks and more expensive places. The beach is clearly not as good. Personally I expected the clubs to be too busy to enjoy it but was surprised most of the time we had room to dance. I do not think we’ll know how much we will miss Carl Cox in the main room at Space- simply the best club in the world

Booked my boat a month or so ago , and am staying in the same hotel as well, stayed there last year so was wise to re-book it, great hotel, can't remember any tight security last year but i was worse from wear a couple of nights! nice review and how was bald taylor at Itica, thinking about taking our party there as there are a couple of them like you exactly explained - not full on into it but the classics they would more than likely enjoy?

Mrs informs me that our group made it busy enough, she says the music was good retro house music. To be honest we are an easy crowd when it comes to Taylor.

My mate went to the previous two Mondays- one was busy and was dead. He plays after 12 so would not go too early, think it was 12:30am.

It is free to get in so I'd say go for it, everywhere is only a taxi ride away :D

Our group has been clubbing for 15 years and Carl Cox has been a big part of it. The first trip to Ibiza we landed Tuesday midnight and we were in Space by 1:30am. We left when it closed, went to bora bora for a beer and came back for I’n Bed With Space’ at 7:30 I think.

When we heard it was the final chapter – we had to be there one more time.

I can not promise this will be interesting but i have read so many nuggets of information on spotlight over the years I had to complete a review!

Sunday 21st

Landed just after midnight, walked off the plane, collect bags and was sat in taxi within 15 minutes- must be once of quickest airports to get through:cool:

Es Pla Hotel San Antonio. First time good location, just down from the Egg/Wips, close to Eden and Es Paradise if that’s your thing. Very short walk to the harbor, the relatively cheap beach bars Orange corner, Bar M, Itica, Bay Bar and the beach. Clean rooms, good aircon, no noise from the road, two pools- used neither although the back one played music. Friends had a superior room and it was like they were in a different hotel it was nice! Security as tight as a duck’s arse- no getting friends in there:confused:

Mrs and I walked into the West End for a night cap because we had not stayed in the area for last 3 years, our friends opted for a quiet night. Walked up the main street, was busy enough not uncomfortable, certainly didn’t feel too rough. Went to Amsterdam bar, got the usually x amount of drinks for 12 euros, like people watching in the West End. As they brought the drinks they started clearing all the tables around us! Serve us the drinks and then expect us to shift-no:mad:

Monday 22nd

Can not remember the last breakfast we had in a hotel on the island! Not a bad effort to fill us up for the day-served till 12 which is a bonus.

The 5 of us walked round to the Star Boats jetty and picked up a load of food and more importantly beer :D The boats are super easy to drive, not fast but we don’t have licenses so that is fair. Headed straight for Playa Conta whilst taking the canopy down on the boat. Moored just off the beach in a perfect spot, close to some rocks for snorkeling, people watching & relaxing swim/beer time. Drove back west along the coast to just past Cala Bassa. Moored the boat whilst I swam over to the cave, climbed in and up the rocks- jumped in a few times. It isn’t massive but big enough to get the pulse racing. Had some food, fed the fish and generally messed about before taking a look at Cala Bassa. Had a look at the cave, nothing too special compared to some I visited in the south of France earlier in the year on the Calanques. Moored again at Port Des Torrent, the bay was nice for swimming but whilst snorkeling noticed a few jelly fish so we moved over to have a mess around the sunset strip before returning the boat.

160 euro or 32 euro pp + some beer = brilliant start to the day 11am till 3:30 http://www.starboatsibiza.com/

Changed into our evening attire and met 15 or so mates at Mambo where we’d pre paid 70 euro each for a spot on the decking. I commented on the thread by Azibi16 about paying 150euro for vip at mambo, the night we went there was no pre party, it wouldn't have been my choice to book it but with friends new to the island over for a wedding on the other side of the island it was actually really good. The sun did its bit and set....as stunning as ever! Then we had drinks at Koppas - lots of drinks, we headed to Itica to see our local dj Paul Taylor’s Retro because we knew it was accessible for those who are not really into dance music. At 3am I decided I needed to be at Cocoon so my mate and I jumped in a taxi. Got on the terrace, nicely busy but not elbow to elbow but did not look like Sven at all on the decks...eventually we checked spotlight to find he was in the main room! Good time was had :twisted:

Tuesday 23rd

Up in time for breakfast yay :)

Hit the beach. Not sure what has happened but there was loads of slimey seaweed in the shallows in front of the beach bars. Slept then had a few cocktails to bring us round.

My best mates who had a villa in San Jose had their heads set on bora bora before the big night – Carl Cox. I was not feeling it, I find it ok but nothing too special and expensive down Bossa for a pre drink. Mrs and 4 mates who’d not been to the capital before caught the 10:30 bus to Ibiza Town – 2 euro bargain ;)

Got green eyed looking at the yachts. Radian was the most impressive monster I’ve ever seen! Had some cocktails on Carrer Enmig amongst the boutiques, then headed to Carrer de le Mare de Deu for more drinks starting at Lady Di ending at Sunrise which was tipped on here. The atmosphere was good, as were the drinks and it felt a friendly mix of boys/girls.

Taxi to the world’s best club – to see the world’s best dj.

Large queue and we all peaked too early but got in around 2am. We headed for our spot left of the dance floor, no chance with there being around 15/20 of us- camped near the bar at the back. A few in the group couldn’t handle the busy period up to around 4am, some only lasted 10 minutes! 3 females of our group got pick pocketed within a 10 minute period....spoil our nights...no way :cool:

Carl Cox was brilliant, even further back the room/lazers/sound system was amazing. Then Loco Dice came back B2B- only criticism was not showing who was dj on the screen often enough. Mrs got tired at 7:30am so I reluctantly left, my mates were still in at 8am.

I walked round one last time around 6am :cry:

Wednesday 24th

Couldn’t move from bed until 3pm. Died on the beach, went to Ritas for a sandwich – they messed up a goats cheese salad with the wrong cheese...unhappy Mrs. Had a couple of cocktails and headed to Cova Santa for Woomoon.

Looked great getting there, children play area near the entrance. Then bumped into a lad we know from the island who is involved with the production who assured us we were in a great place to enjoy our last night. There’s loads of stuff to explore, there’s a wide selection of different foods and even being very busy it was not hard to get food or drink. The music was similar to Goa trance to my untrained ear. Again some friends couldn’t handle how busy it was and got off soon. About 10 of us stuck around chilling, looking at the art and people watching. Then we found the club. Firstly we’ve never been to Cova Santa- Ibiza has the best clubs, even the small ones like this are beautiful, the LED screens 360 on the walls, lights and material hanging from the roof and the techno beats we are more accustomed to.

My wife and I dipped in and out of the club, getting drinks, perched under the tree next to the purple hut – great people watching spot. We left at 2am - my friends left at 4:30. Didn’t have to wait long for a taxi.

It is often asked where have all the creative/different/wacky people gone in Ibiza? They were at this party, alongside the rich, families and joe bloggs from the UK like us :cool:

Thursday 25th

Normally we are gutted to leave the place we enjoy so much. All we have to look forward to is rain, the blues, brain zaps and work.

Originally we’d planned Formentera to chill for a few days but August meant it was way too expensive! So we flew to Malaga for 35 euros and used time share points to get a nice apartment on the Costa del Sol where we ate too well, swam and refreshed. A holiday after Ibiza will certainly be part of the plan from now on :idea:

To sum up we enjoyed being based back in San An compared to Bossa. Simply more going on in the day, actually a nicer resort, mixture of reasonable drinks and more expensive places. The beach is clearly not as good. Personally I expected the clubs to be too busy to enjoy it but was surprised most of the time we had room to dance. I do not think we’ll know how much we will miss Carl Cox in the main room at Space- simply the best club in the world
I think we would get on like a house on fire. Nodded many times in this review. Coxy, formentera ( must do ), San Antonio far better than Bossa etc etc

Formentera is great and I want to experience it at night, the sunsets on stunning beaches and the blue bar alien show etc

Just have to pick a cheaper month to go there next time :D

I been quite a few times to formentera but always back to Ibiza on same day.

We are staying for 3 days in our Space Closing trip in addition to San Antonio, Ibiza town stopovers.

Can't wait to see it at night like you say. Should be peaceful at night

Back