Waterway to Have a Good Time!

agentundercover

This years holiday schedule got longer.

We just booked a barge holiday!:lol:

Can't wait. 10 chaps & 72 foot of wood.

Anyone else ever experienced the fun of the locks - I can heartily recommend it!

This years holiday schedule got longer.

We just booked a barge holiday!:lol:

Can't wait. 10 chaps & 72 foot of wood.

Anyone else ever experienced the fun of the locks - I can heartily recommend it!

When we were kids my mum and dad used to get the Hoseasons Boating Brochure, where they had "....all sorts of crafts that would suit you just fine, for messing about on the water..." delivered every year - STILL never bloody took us on one - I felt underprivileged......:lol::lol:

Me and my pals once hired a boat on the Norfolk boards over Easter Weekend.

Quite possibly the single funniest weekend of my entire life.

I might have told the story of it to a few people on here once or twice ;)

:lol:

I went on one as a child and it was bluddy hilarious - I say child, I was about 12 and the eldest - we have another family we grew up with, 2 girls the same sort of age as me and then the boy is the same age as my sister so we had some great childhood holidays.

But yeah we hired a boat out for a long weekend, we went all sorts of places, we ended up in Oxford one night! We loved the locks, the excitement of going up and down :lol: we had a few near misses with other boats too!

One of the things I love about it is how everyone waves to everyone else as they pass down the river!! "boat culture" :p

Back