Vegas

freakstar

so I'm having a wee trip to us and Canada...I'll have a weekend in vegas. Don't really fancy pool party and champagne...is there anywhere a bit dark and underground to go to? Also having a few days in la and San Fran so any recommendations for bars etc would be helpful. In between nipping up to Calgary for a few days so again, any recommendations would be good.

Then back to ibiza for closings

More important I've booked a VIP tour to the gold and silver pawn shop - and you meet at least one of them (I'm banking on chum lee! Let's see!) Can't wait! Jb2008 I await your recommendations

The Hi Hat bar in LA is very good for gigs bands/djs
LA is great for pulling burds when your out.. probably 7 women to each guy in the clubs and 68% of those guys are gay.. win win

yeah i was going to say techno tacos as someone posted above. there are a couple of after hours on the weekend but nothing much during typical club hours.

LA right now has a great scene - really too many things to list.

stay in LA - vegas is the spawn of satan

avoid the hollywood billboard crap

dig deeper. talk to the guys at amoeba records - they might point you in the right direction, check out RA listings and tune into dublab

Bump. Off to Vegas next week. Anyone know if there are there any underground clubs at the moment with something other than EDM?

Bump. Off to Vegas next week. Anyone know if there are there any underground clubs at the moment with something other than EDM?

Good luck on that lol. you can still have a laugh though. it's brash and it's trash and I got into it (especially the fake gondolas). but forget music right now. You're more likely to find igloos in Egypt. what parties there are are all bottle service and The Weeknd at full blast. if you have time, go to LA. that's where the cool shit is.

Good luck on that lol. you can still have a laugh though. it's brash and it's trash and I got into it (especially the fake gondolas). but forget music right now. You're more likely to find igloos in Egypt. what parties there are are all bottle service and The Weeknd at full blast. if you have time, go to LA. that's where the cool shit is.
lol pretty much nailed it on the head.

Where are you staying @Evolution? First time in Vegas?

From someone who goes to Vegas 5-6 times a year - forget about trying to find anything "underground" it isn't going to happen. Vegas doesn't do quiet, or underground. It's late stage capitalism at it's very finest - loud, obnoxious, and only cares about how much cash you are willing to pump out.

yes Terrace Afterhours. Not a big party but good music. There are a few small weekly parties with house djs off strip

Tuesdays there is Techno Taco Tuesday

This Sunday night Rufus do Sol is spinning at XS at the Wynn.

Around 3 weekends per year they do legit house weekends at the Wynn though you just missed one.

Also Sunday nights at Zouk weekly have people like Duke Dumont this Sun (and have had Carl Cox, Martinez Bros, etc. this year so far on Sundays)

lastly Wed night at the Library room at Marquee is house usually with Lema or Xeena.

yes Terrace Afterhours. Not a big party but good music. There are a few small weekly parties with house djs off strip

Tuesdays there is Techno Taco Tuesday

This Sunday night Rufus do Sol is spinning at XS at the Wynn.

Around 3 weekends per year they do legit house weekends at the Wynn though you just missed one.

Also Sunday nights at Zouk weekly have people like Duke Dumont this Sun (and have had Carl Cox, Martinez Bros, etc. this year so far on Sundays)

lastly Wed night at the Library room at Marquee is house usually with Lema or Xeena.
Thanks, will have a look

Back