Valencia

thelak

Anyone been?

Am thinking of heading there in Jan/Feb

Really want to check out Barraca - heard huge things about it

Yes, i went there for a couple of days, to chill inbetween Ibiza/Sonar in June.

It was a lovely city, i was there Tues/Weds tho, so not the most lively while i was there...it's a beautiful place to walk round and we ate at a couple of really nice restaurants.

I'm sure it has club options worth exploring, just that we didn't go there for that reason...I presume thats what Barraca is!?

We got the train up to Barcelona, which was a nice journey....along the coast etc...

Valencia is the best City in Spain IMO, much better than Madrid or Barcelona and a lot cheaper too,definitely recommended.

Well i think Valencia is a lot nicer city, people seem friendly, no pickpockets like Barca, nicer Restaurants and the beach is wonderful, didn't go Baracca.

ive not been to barraca ( its a little outside the city about 15 miles ) but there a plenty of great clubs in vlc including pacha and space !

Ok I'm guessing things have changed in 8 years or so, but I'm going in a few weeks.

Are there any good areas with good bars or clubs worth visiting?

Any tips welcome!!

I went after the summer here last year. Lovely city, nice size so you can walk most places. There is a big science and arts centre, we went to the science bit but we had to rush it. I'd recommend at least half a day. Didn't go clubbing or anything so can't comment on that.

Ok I'm guessing things have changed in 8 years or so, but I'm going in a few weeks.

Are there any good areas with good bars or clubs worth visiting?

Any tips welcome!!
I live in Valencia so should be able to give you a couple of pointers. The main bar/restaurant areas are El Carmen, Canovas and Ruzafa. All zones highly recommended although bars playing good music are a bit thin on the ground, it's usually Spanish commercial pop music. There are a few clubs: La3, Mini Club, Umbracle are all popular but check thier respective websites to see what type of music you can expect.

If you want to try an authentic paella choose a local place in a side street and avoid the restaurants on the main plazas in the centre of town.

Have heard a lot of good things about Valencia. Can be as fun, beautiful and interesting as Barca or Madrid but without some of the associated problems of the super popular cities (pickpockets/crime/overcrowding).

Haven't been however

Back