v.i.p at amnesia?

tom1400

going to cream out there this year in august and we have eric prydz, deadmau5 chris lake etc etc. for the extra 35 euros should i go for it?

Although my gut instinct is to tell you not to go to that night.... hmmmm 35 euros isn't much but I'm yet to determine what the point in vip is. Ive considered it a few times and did get in there free of charge in Pacha 2006 thanks to some kind gents but it was full of a load of pointless people wasting valuable space in a heaving club where people wanted to dance. The only reason I thought about it was for cocoon in Amnesia last year as 2007 was scarily full , however last year we just went straight down the front there was plenty of room there. I feel vip would just be lonely..unless you really are a vip

I can't say I'd bother.

Very Important Person - Just because you, and a load of other suckers paid nearly 100 euro's for a ticket that allows you to stand in a bit more room with the pretentious?

No thanks.

If you don't want to be in a packed club, go at a different time of year.

Also, the amount of people moaning in the Space opening thread in the Review section just make me cringe. In one breath they're saying;

'Oh the people just want to be seen! They don't want to DANCE!"

Then, in the next breath it's;

'It was to packed to dance!!!!'

Oh really Sherlock, well add the two together. If 1+1=7 then you're a ****ing idiot.

P.S. This rant wasn't aimed at the opening poster, I'm not saying this is your thinking, you probably just want the full experience. I'm not having a pop at you. I just got carried away.

Last edited by a moderator:
We did Vip at cocoon closing in 2008 and it was the only way to go.
The main floors were to packed to move.

... pointless people wasting valuable space ...
2vkg6ls.gif

I'm definitely with "What's the funking point". Unless you are a genuine vip who's safety would be in question in the main area, vip should be done away with. The amount of the Pacha outdoor terrace that was taken up with vip sh*t last time I was there was pathetic.

If it wasn't for the wannabes paying stupid money there would be no market for this crap.

going to cream out there this year in august and we have eric prydz, deadmau5 chris lake etc etc. for the extra 35 euros should i go for it?

I spent a similar amount of money on a ION TAPE EXPRESS MP3 Converter last weekend and in terms of value of money I think I got the better deal.

You have to experience something yourself before you find out if you like it.

Other peoples opinions are just that...... opinions. Take them or leave them.

As somebody on here once said we are totally in control of deciding which voice resonates.

Leaving the philosophy aside (you are too young) just do what young people do best..........

Try in out on impulse and find out first hand.

We are mostly old farts on here, whose days of living on the edge are well behind us.......so dont mind us

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more worth it @ AMnesia than Priv, Space, Pacha, because in Amnesia there genuinely isn't anywhere to sit down at all where as the other clubs all have places to chill

It's more worth it @ AMnesia than Priv, Space, Pacha, because in Amnesia there genuinely isn't anywhere to sit down at all where as the other clubs all have places to chill
100% agree . that place can be so terribly ****ing exhausting that sometimes
you just HAVE to go upstairs to relax and get away from it all at least for a few minutes...

If the film "High on Hope" ever gets released, I would challenge anyone to find a vip area:lol::lol::lol: I just don't get it tbh. But then as Bez suggests I am deffo part of the old crumbly brigade.

If you are really lucky there might be a few x-factor cast offs in the vip.........

mmmmmmmmm........ Sounds like Spin to me. All the usual suspects and places visited. Nothing new about this guys article.

"Then I head to a party for the clubland workers who survive on bar work, dancing, flyering or whatever else they can pick up, in the back room of Savannah on Sunset Strip. The owner complains to me that bars like his have been squeezed by the big clubs, who have charged so much in recent years that clubbers are left with no money for the rest of their holiday."

I wonder did the author realise that the said "owner" used to have a sizeable share in Eden and owns a number of properties in Ibiza well able to charge over 8€ a drink

To anyone who has been in the vip section in Amensia

Is this more just a chill out area then or are there people dancing up there?

To anyone who has been in the vip section in Amensia

Is this more just a chill out area then or are there people dancing up there?

Its more a chill out/drinking area but there are professional and wanabee (look at me) Dancers to the front where the area overlooks the main dancefloor.

You do get groups of friends having fun together, but not to the same extent as the dancefloor.

Back