using 120 v cdj 800mk2 in the U.K!!!

Hi guys,
Has anyone ever used a 120 v cdj 800mk2 in the uk without any problems?. i heard that if you use use a step down transfomer, then it would work, but im not sure because the hz will still be different (50hz in uk, 60hz u.s ). if anyone has had any experience with this or knows about it, please could you help me out!
thanks

Yep ive got an american one with a step down converter but you need to make sure its a propper voltage converter not just a basic thing that changes the plug sockets otherwise it will blow. the converter should look like a little block thing , bigger than a plug for sure

Well I blew mine using a smaller / cheaper 'converter' so learned the hard way! If its gona blow you'll know in 4 seconds. it will buzz then shut down.... I Cant remember the tech spec of the converter Ive got as was ages ago but its worth looking into before you press the button. Lucklily ive got an electricians down the road from me that fixed me up quick

aw really? you will know straight away?! well mine was playing for about 2 minutes without any problems; so would you say its ok?!?!
cheers

Its one of these you will need, I got my cdjs from USA years ago for half the price, been working for years using a couple of these with no problems, converts the voltage for you and steps it down.

$%28KGrHqV,!rEFF9iYQQzLBRkfUUIs5g~~60_35.JPG

yep it will buzz for a few seconds then will die. 2mins means your fine. The beefier the converter the less they heat up i believe. I got a pretty robust one that can handle 2 devices just to be sure

I had to do abit of science research into watts,hrz,ohms etc to make sure I didn't blow it again, I'm sure you've done the same sorta stuff. Plug in n turn it up!

Looks gd and similar to one I have, ill check the specs of mine when I get home later but have a feeling its the same as that one

Yeah that one will be fine , mine looks similar but checked and its only 100w and had no problems with it so you will be fine. Its worth paying the little extra i think for these things especially if it might be used for long periods of time

thanks mate. yeah i thought i may as well pay a few extra quid and get the 300 w one. then i can be sure that it wont blow. by the way, do you know if 2 technics turntables would require more power? this was was one of the reasons i had a 300 w one; just in case i buy the technics 1200's (which are the u.s version).

If your in the uk just try n get uk turntables. Bulky stuff there's a gd chance you'll get stung for import tax so any savings made by ordering abroad get lost alot of the time

I would agree with MiniMarc, I was lucky with mine when I got them, I didn't get stung on import tax, maybe because it was many years ago, its a lot stricter now. If at the time I had been taxed on them, wouldn't have been much cheaper if any at all.

thanks guys! i definitely agree with what you are saying; i wouldnt go with the fuss of ordering from the u.s. i was thinking that someone may have 1200's here in the uk but will sell them for less than 1210's because of the transformer needed.
cheers

1200's are not U.S specific. ie you can get them with a uk plug attatched. the only difference to 1210's is colour to my knowledge (and they were released first originally)

Back