US Elections

Morbyd

So... today's the big day.

I faxed in my absentee ballot about a week ago. Voted in Florida, which could go either way in the race for president, so good to know my vote counted!

Looks like most of the world wants Obama to win (aside from Pakistan... guess they don't like those terrorist-killing drones! :lol:)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20008687

Obama was up by 1% in the latest polls I saw from the US so basically an even race. It'll be interesting to see how the electoral college plays out - could be a landslide for Obama or a close one going either way. :confused:

I've always considered the polls to be a nonsense - Obama will win it by a mile, though that won't sell newspapers. I honestly don't believe 'not even America' would vote for such a fundamentally skewed-towards-wealthy-religious-principles twonk.

Happy for our septic friends to feel same about us turkeys voting for the Tory Etonified front bench Christmas fayre we've served ourselves!!

BO's arguably the greatest politician of our generation - if not for his principles and manifesto but his application of dignified reasoning to the way he goes about 'things'.

Plus he always reminds me of Grego!

I've always considered the polls to be a nonsense - Obama will win it by a mile, though that won't sell newspapers. I honestly don't believe 'not even America' would vote for such a fundamentally skewed-towards-wealthy-religious-principles twonk.

Happy for our septic friends to feel same about us turkeys voting for the Tory Etonified front bench Christmas fayre we've served ourselves!!

BO's arguably the greatest politician of our generation - if not for his principles and manifesto but his application of dignified reasoning to the way he goes about 'things'.

Plus he always reminds me of Grego!

Their are people who won't vote for President Obama just on terms of his race. The election is a toss up with the President winning re-election (I hope). The anti-Obama slant has been here in America since he was elected. I not saying a voting against President Obama is racist, but there is an element in the USA that wouldn't for him because of his race:spank:. I voted for him today and 4 years ago because I agree with him on the issues ( pro choice, health care, getting out of Iraq, engaging the world before going to war, and marriage equality/ LGBT issues). I don't want religious nut jobs who don't believe in evolution and climate change to run the country. This is just my two cents and my vote.

obama is the most overated , lucky politician of all time, that he's came up against firstly mccain & palin, and now these 2 religious fruitcakes, even with his abysmal record in the first 4 years he looks like he will win...he doesn't deserve to win, but the outcome if he doesn't is most alarming (particularly for women & the freedom of choice)

the sad fact that 95% of black americans will simply just vote for obama regardless does make me laugh when people talk about racism in action at this election for the republican vote though.

& if i have to haar any more about obama and his pals jay z & beyonce i may need to start punching myself in the face....(tony blair & noel gallagher drinking champagne,.springs to mind :oops::oops:

obama is the most overated , lucky politician of all time, that he's came up against firstly mccain & palin, and now these 2 religious fruitcakes, even with his abysmal record in the first 4 years he looks like he will win...he doesn't deserve to win, but the outcome if he doesn't is most alarming (particularly for women & the freedom of choice)

the sad fact that 95% of black americans will simply just vote for obama regardless does make me laugh when people talk about racism in action at this election for the republican vote though.

& if i have to haar any more about obama and his pals jay z & beyonce i may need to start punching myself in the face....(tony blair & noel gallagher drinking champagne,.springs to mind :oops::oops:

I don't think any of the Republican nutjobs would ever stand a chance against BO :p

Bush/McCain/Romney they all act like repressive idiots relative to him!

Obama is not black......hes painted white on the inside!!

Biggest con job perpetrated on the American people since Vanilla Ice.

I feel Romney will steal it quiet comfortably.

Beats Romney's pals, Meatloaf and Kid Rock, apparently. :lol:

(Oops, should have watched Robder's links first... :spank:)

Last edited by a moderator:
even with his abysmal record in the first 4 years he looks like he will win...he doesn't deserve to win
Firstly, your characterization of his record is ill-informed. He's passed some key initiatives and kept the country out of a deeper hole it could have been in. Not perfect, but not abysmal.
Secondly, black Americans tend to vote overwhelming Democratic whether the candidate is white, black or purple. It's not sad. It's that the party more often speaks to their concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we wake up tomorrow with Romney as the most powerful man in the World then we have woken in a truly terrifying and dangerous World.

The fact it is so close scares me to death enough as it is.

I don't want religious nut jobs who don't believe in evolution and climate change to run the country.

^^ This.

Your country. My country. Any country. Any state/province/county/region. Any city, town, village or settlement. Any household. Shouldn't be left in charge of a paper bag if truth be told.

If BO loses I hope he moves to UK and runs for priminister. Would be great to see him.in charge here 8)

Fantastic news to wake up to!!! 8) 8) 8) yay Obama.

But lets not get carried away.

The US military will continue to bully the world and the entire system is corrupt. The campaign was driven by money and no poor person could ever become president.

Therefore it ain't enough...

Firstly, your characterization of his record is ill-informed. He's passed some key initiatives and kept the country out of a deeper hole it could have been in. Not perfect, but not abysmal.

Secondly, black Americans tend to vote overwhelming Democratic whether the candidate is white, black or purple. It's not sad. It's that the party more often speaks to their concerns.

I agree 100%, the TM the American people rejected the your view and the way the republican party tried to paint President Obama. The American people decided they want health care and the social safety net. The President is not perfect but he is head and shoulders above the republican candidates. This shows that money can't buy an election.

Republicans are really going to be pissed with that result:)

Have to say I was disappointed with Obama over the last term but hopefully a second term will see him in a better light.

Congratulations Mr Obama and best of luck for 4 more years!!

Back