Upgrading tickets to VIP for FMIF @ pacha possible?

N!ck

Hi!
I was lucky enough to get hold of 2 tickets to FMIF in August at Pacha but was wondering if it was possible to upgrade them to VIP? I've seen a couple of sites offering VIP for 4+ people but none for just 2. Is this standard now on the busier nights?
I've emailed pacha but got no reply. Any help would be appreciated, cheers!

if you bought them through our site, you can cancel them at any time and then try to get a vip table. we don't do vip tables, but you should find some if you search online. you can buy a table fo 2, but you will be paying for 4 people.

Just a warning... i bought 8 VIP tickets for SHM last August (FMIF is as busy) and our "table", if you can call it that, had 4 seats and was actually in the lobby beside the main entrance, we couldn't get into the main room because it was too rammed and our "VIP experience" consisted of watching the dj booth via a flat screen tv that was on the wall and the sound quality was appalling (echoing from the main room). For that load of crap (it included 4 bottles of vodka and mixers though) we paid over 1300 Euros

Thanks for the replies
James - unfortunately you were all sold out so got them through the pacha website (ticketdisco). Strangely even though it said they were sold out I still got some.

Delmarsunset - that's the second time I've heard of something similar and it's shocking that goes on.

Having checked my emails another vip hosting service has got back to me and offered me a table that states "a table in the main VIP area" for €500 including "€400 drinks credit" (one bottle then). Although I contacted them a few days ago before I managed to get these tickets I've got.

To be honest I'm not massively bothered about the VIP - its just because I'm taking the mrs for the first time so it would be ideal to give her a chill out space with the bonus of not queuing at the packed bar. It's certainly not worth loosing the money I've already payed out tho.

Thanks for the replies
James - unfortunately you were all sold out so got them through the pacha website (ticketdisco). Strangely even though it said they were sold out I still got some.

Delmarsunset - that's the second time I've heard of something similar and it's shocking that goes on.

Having checked my emails another vip hosting service has got back to me and offered me a table that states "a table in the main VIP area" for €500 including "€400 drinks credit" (one bottle then). Although I contacted them a few days ago before I managed to get these tickets I've got.

To be honest I'm not massively bothered about the VIP - its just because I'm taking the mrs for the first time so it would be ideal to give her a chill out space with the bonus of not queuing at the packed bar. It's certainly not worth loosing the money I've already payed out tho.

When we were booking the tickets we discussed in person with a couple of people about where our table would be and were assured it would be in the main room and when we turned up it wasn't. I complained to the manager on the night and was basically told tough, it was a busy night and we couldn't be moved. The person who dealt with our booking actually PM'd me on here after reading my complaint, was apologetic and said they would look into it and get back to me.... i've heard nothing since. The second they get your money they don't give a toss and we paid a lot of money to basically have the piss ripped out of us

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=72502&highlight=delmarsunset

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read your thread. Hopefully that's the exception rather than the rule but it shouldn't even be a slight risk.
I'm starting to think the mrs might just have to have to slum it with the rest of us!

Just a warning... i bought 8 VIP tickets for SHM last August (FMIF is as busy) and our "table", if you can call it that, had 4 seats and was actually in the lobby beside the main entrance, we couldn't get into the main room because it was too rammed and our "VIP experience" consisted of watching the dj booth via a flat screen tv that was on the wall and the sound quality was appalling (echoing from the main room). For that load of crap (it included 4 bottles of vodka and mixers though) we paid over 1300 Euros

What time did you get to the club? if you got there late, they may have indeed sold out all of the main room tables before you go there.... reservations for tables are just like for dinner or flights.... they can overbook if more people show up than expected.

DelMarSunset... sorry to hear that.

N!ck - per what i stated above, if you get there 'early' i'm sure you'll be fine with a table.

We got there before 1am because that's when the ticket said we had to be there

hmmm....well i can totally understand you being upset at your table location... sounds like even though the ticket said you could arrive by 1am, it was still too late to get you a main room table due to the # of people there.

Personally I think even if someone was to turn up at bang on 1am they should still get what they paid for.
A club like pacha is experienced enough to know better and not need to ram people in beyond capacity for a few extra €€€ in the pocket.... (I would put a sarcastic eye rolling smiley here... But I don't know how to do it!)

For anyone interested in future I got an email back from pacha - "there's no refund or changes for regular tickets." Seems a bit silly to me that they would not honour an "upgrade" where I would potentially be spending much more, but then again it's not as if they have any difficulty selling the VIP tables either.

Thanks for the comments anyway

hmmm....well i can totally understand you being upset at your table location... sounds like even though the ticket said you could arrive by 1am, it was still too late to get you a main room table due to the # of people there.

With respect I think you are being naive. They sold a crap table for big money and hoped we wouldn't complain. Pacha is mostly VIP now and it's all about money making and ripping people off

With respect I think you are being naive. They sold a crap table for big money and hoped we wouldn't complain. Pacha is mostly VIP now and it's all about money making and ripping people off

i've gotten tables at Pacha on more than one occasion (once for FMIF) and plenty of times here in the US so i'm very aware of how it works.

clubs oversell tables sometimes and bump people so they can give tables to big spenders all the time. my point is if you are there early its much harder for them to get away with doing that versus showing up later when there are just a few tables left.

when you got there did it look like there were tables open in the main room?

i'm not saying Pacha didn't screw you over but saying maybe you got all that was left - so in that case they should have given you a comp bottle or two or something.... if i had prepaid a main room table and got that entry area i'm not sure what i'd do... maybe chargeback my credit card later? problem is you are at the club and don't want to go elsewhere but you are in a bad location so you are stuck with no good alternative.

Question is: do you book your VIP experience through Pacha's own concierge? or via one of those online ticket touts who insist on 4 ppl minimum & take a slice ie. add €€€s Pacha themselves don't charge?

If the latter, therein is your problem.

Have always booked directly, spent little (in comparison to others) and had fantastic tables for 2 ppl. And have booked on the closing parties when the club & VIP are at their busiest.

I have always been told "by 01:30", but have always got there earlier to make sure.

So what is the recommended time to be there in order to get a good table?

it kind of depends on the night you are going/how busy the venue is. Also, how you booked the table and if you have a prior relationship with them would probably affect the location and when you can arrive and still get a good table.

Back