Underground Lake/Cave??

filibuster

I am leaving from New York for two weeks in Ibiza starting Friday and I am on the edge of my seat, excited! Anyhow, I was in the Dominican Republic this past March and I stayed in a Fiesta hotel. I remember there being many advertisement for Ibiza throughout their viewbook. One of these advertisments was for some sort of underground cave with a lake. Anyhow... I thought it might make for an interesting site to see... but can I find that viewbook to check out the details? No.

Does anyone know what it is a might be talking about and could you provide some detail on whether it's worthwhile and how to get there. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
Phil

I am leaving from New York for two weeks in Ibiza starting Friday and I am on the edge of my seat, excited! Anyhow, I was in the Dominican Republic this past March and I stayed in a Fiesta hotel. I remember there being many advertisement for Ibiza throughout their viewbook. One of these advertisments was for some sort of underground cave with a lake. Anyhow... I thought it might make for an interesting site to see... but can I find that viewbook to check out the details? No.

Does anyone know what it is a might be talking about and could you provide some detail on whether it's worthwhile and how to get there. Any info would be helpful.

Thanks!
Phil

Oooh the only thing I can think of that involves caves (but dont remember seeing an underground lake is the Can Marca caves up near St Miquel.

Other than that the only other thing that resembles your description are some caves on Majorca - Caves of Drach which were fab -- they had an underground lake....

Not sure if it is the same as the vid, But I have seen signs for Cave / Grotte/ etc up between Benniras / San Miguel, If you go to Benniras beach first, Turn right about 1km coming back out, sign on a little bridge to it
Have a good one
Tim

Thanks!
Phil

Sounds like Lanzarote to me. http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/losverdes.asp http://www.discoverlanzarote.com/jameos_del_agua.asp

sounds like lanzarote to me too... would be really difficult to get the two islands mixed up, though.

those caves in lanzarote are awesome - worth a visit.

sounds like lanzarote to me too... would be really difficult to get the two islands mixed up, though.

those caves in lanzarote are awesome - worth a visit.

ooh agreee - did you get taken in by the "tricks" the guides played on you - ie walking along that 1' wide edge over the cavernous room???

haha, yeh badly got sucked in by the trick... they got an old boy to throw the stone in the 'cavern', i thought he was going to die from a heart attack!

haha, yeh badly got sucked in by the trick... they got an old boy to throw the stone in the 'cavern', i thought he was going to die from a heart attack!

I panicked a little bit when he made us walk it - I was stuck and couldnt move back to avoid doing it and I have a real phobia of heights....

It was like some Indiana Jones scene - I would have bottled it if I could have..

Back