UEFA Cup

Good result for Rangers :)

Is the final at OT then?

City of Manchester stadium

small matter :p of Fiorentina next tho
tough one especially with Ferguson & Thomson out of the next game but the spirit of the club will pull together

check the goal at the end from Whittaker - exceptional!!

jesus christ

Getafe vs B Munich

1-1 from previous leg
Getafe need to win or draw 0-0
Getafe down to 10 men after 5mins
Getafe take the lead
Bayern equalise

extra time
Getafe score twice to lead 3-1 on the night
Munich score 2 late goals to take the tie!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Right, not an avid followed of Scottish football but Rangers team is absolute crap I know that ( ? ). That last goal was woeful defending too, although fair play for getting through and finishing nicely. Sporting are ridden with talent, Moutinho, Velasco amongst others, how the hell did Rangers do that over two legs ? Are they actually any good ? They have Dailly in defence and JCD up front, surely they can't be in Uefa Cup semis ?

Right, not an avid followed of Scottish football but Rangers team is absolute crap I know that ( ? ). That last goal was woeful defending too, although fair play for getting through and finishing nicely. Sporting are ridden with talent, Moutinho, Velasco amongst others, how the hell did Rangers do that over two legs ? Are they actually any good ? They have Dailly in defence and JCD up front, surely they can't be in Uefa Cup semis ?

We aren't a great footballing side by any means(major re-building going on from last season) but that was great performance tonight and well deserved. Dailly has actually surprised a LOT of people including myself as he has performed solidly every game he has played. JCD - can't finish a full 90 mins but the guy is playing upfront himself and can cause any defence any problems. We aren't crap, we just aren't playing the most attractive football but it is effective :D Fiorentina will be a REALLY tough task though and might be a step too far. You never know with this team though...

I watched it with a guy from Lisbon who is a Sporting fan.

He not a happy bunny....:eek:

Some of the game was comical at times but Rangers won it fair & square, the fans looked like they were having a ball and I'll bet a fair few Super Bocks will be sunk tonight.

Just seen the Getafe Bayern highlights.....Getafe keeper, oops!

Mr Laudrup swearing like a trooper at the end!

Last edited by a moderator:
jesus christ

Getafe vs B Munich

1-1 from previous leg
Getafe need to win or draw 0-0
Getafe down to 10 men after 5mins
Getafe take the lead
Bayern equalise

extra time
Getafe score twice to lead 3-1 on the night
Munich score 2 late goals to take the tie!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well done to rangers but i always said that we(aberdeen) would be beaten by the potential winners(bayern munich)!!

:D:D:D

We aren't a great footballing side by any means(major re-building going on from last season) but that was great performance tonight and well deserved. Dailly has actually surprised a LOT of people including myself as he has performed solidly every game he has played. JCD - can't finish a full 90 mins but the guy is playing upfront himself and can cause any defence any problems. We aren't crap, we just aren't playing the most attractive football but it is effective :D Fiorentina will be a REALLY tough task though and might be a step too far. You never know with this team though...

Back when the transfer window thread was open I did say that Dailly would surprise a few people up there. He is well respected at all the clubs he has played for and his commitment can never be questioned. He ain't known as Christian Daily Football Genius for nothing!:eek: ;)

Great result for Rangers though. Tough game next but no reason why they can't do it. Fiorentina are a good side but beatable. As the saying says 'They don't like it up em!';)

Well done to rangers but i always said that we(aberdeen) would be beaten by the potential winners(bayern munich)!!

:D:D:D

Munich were clear favourites at the start of the tournament. Got some quality players Toni (ex Fiorentina) and that pikey looking fella Ribery amongst others. Mind you Petersburg ain't too shabby so they got to get passed them first.

I think you' ll need a spare room in florence before.....
Maybe that spare room in london will be mine..

Anyway enough of this... anyone watch the darts last night???

The greatest ever living British sportsman Phil The Power is back on form. Gave that other athlete and legend of the game Raymond Van Barneveld a good stuffing!

Anyway enough of this... anyone watch the darts last night???

The greatest ever living British sportsman Phil The Power is back on form. Gave that other athlete and legend of the game Raymond Van Barneveld a good stuffing!

andy fordham drinks down the road from us :D

Back