Typical wages for workers in 07?

Bolando

Can anyone give me an idea of how much workers can expect to earn typically in 2007? Obviously it will vary depending on job type but what is a decent weekly rate?

I've done a bit of research into accomodation prices and it looks like the average apartements go for 350-400 euros per month (based on 3-4 sharing). Is this about right? Also how much are bills on top?
Just trying to cost everything up at the moment.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks ;)

apartment

you should be able to get a 2 bedroom apartment for 800/900 euros per month. inc bills, depends how many want to share..average wages about 200 to 300 euros per week depending what hours and what job you do .. food is very cheap xxx

bolando, the bigger the place you can get (i.e. the more people) then generally the cheaper the accomm will be. but bear in mind that a 4 person apartment might only have 2 beds (with the other 2 being pull out/sofa beds located in a living room or somethin).

i reckon per person per month, not including bills, you could do it for €300 upwards.

sue has given you the indication of what the likely wage will be. the biggest factors within achieving that sum on a regular basis are 1) the hours you work and 2) security.

1) you can work 6 or 7 days a week in a bar for 8 hours a day and get that wage or help PR/promotion of a club night for 4 days a week and for probably no more than 5 or 6 hours a day.

2) the bar work might be harder/lonegr hours but it is secure.............relying on commission from flyering or worse still chancing knowing the right people to get a decent job in promotion/production (like postering/putting up decor) is obviously more risky and there is no guarantee you'll earn much on a weekly basis or have a job at all.

depends how much money you have saved up to begin with and how hard you are prepared/need to work to stay out there all summer.:D :D

Ok thanks for your help so far guys.

I have just secured a really good job with one of the major club nights at Eden so thats cool and fairly secure. However it will only be 2 days work per week and although the pay is good I will be looking for another couple of days work during the week. How realistic is it to be looking just for 2-3 days work there?

Grego - do you seriously think that 300 euros upwards is a realistic figure? Thats like £204 per month!! I'm thinking surely it must be more like 500 euros or more??

As you might have seen from my other post I'm also really keen to find a car for the whole season so any advice on that too would be great.

Thanks guys

grego

grego meant if you share an apartment , the cost of an apartment is say 900 euros per month but if 3 share then 300 each.. you can pick cheap cars up in the local newspaper when you arrive xxx:lol: it is possible to get a a few days work with another promoter, quite a few did that last year..

hey

hi everyone,

just been reading through your posts and im in same boat as u Bolando. im wondering about what sort of pay i'll get etc etc. but unlike u i dont have a job lined up, im goin out on 2nd of may n seeing what happens! thought i'd have more money saved up but only got about £1000 do you think thats enough?
i'm so excited! love ibiza, never worked out there b4 though so its all new to me!
take a look at my bebo page manxminx84.bebo.com n leave me a comment. i've got a spanish sim now so i can leave you my mob n we can meet up

Heather

xxx

I have just secured a really good job with one of the major club nights at Eden so thats cool and fairly secure. However it will only be 2 days work per week and although the pay is good I will be looking for another couple of days work during the week. How realistic is it to be looking just for 2-3 days work there?

Grego - do you seriously think that 300 euros upwards is a realistic figure? Thats like £204 per month!! I'm thinking surely it must be more like 500 euros or more??

As you might have seen from my other post I'm also really keen to find a car for the whole season so any advice on that too would be great.

it's very likely you'll be able to pick up another job similar to the one at eden, as sue has said, most of the promotion for the club nights starts 3-5 days before the event so you can probably squeeze 2 of those types of jobs in. how did you manage to secure the job already??

you can do allsorts of things that will top up your earnings........i know someone whose job was to blow up balloons for manumission, only 8 hours work a week before the event. so you can pick up allsorts of oddjobs to boost your income.

as sue has said..........i'd said €300 would be a fair price for a standard/basic apartment with at least 4 sharing. if you can't find anyone to share or want something nicer than it's likely to be nearer your €500 mark.

hi everyone,

just been reading through your posts and im in same boat as u Bolando. im wondering about what sort of pay i'll get etc etc. but unlike u i dont have a job lined up, im goin out on 2nd of may n seeing what happens! thought i'd have more money saved up but only got about £1000 do you think thats enough?
i'm so excited! love ibiza, never worked out there b4 though so its all new to me!
take a look at my bebo page manxminx84.bebo.com n leave me a comment. i've got a spanish sim now so i can leave you my mob n we can meet up

Heather

xxx

hi heather,

2nd may is a great time to get there as the season is right in it's infancy and there will be plenty of places like for workers. many places in the west end will be open but will gradually take on more staff towards the start of june.

£1000 sounds fine to me. think of it this way. the bare basics you're gonna need are 1 month's rent, 1 month's deposit and enough money to keep you going until you get a job. read above to see average accomm prices and you can work out that as long as you can share with someone and don't blow your cash in the first 2 weeks on champagne at pacha, then your money will go far........food is cheap and you can have plenty of cheap nights out before you get to know enough people so that the free drinks start flowing.

the pink panther in the bay is great value for money for example!;)

if you're going alone, keep your eyes posted on here as i'm sure there are many others in the same boat as you and would be more than willing to share in order to save money. in my experience, one of the main reasons (apart from overdoing it/laziness/burn out) for people coming home early from working the summer is that it's difficult to find people to share with in order to get affordable accomm. finding a job is easy enough if you're determined and willing to work hard.

hi there

I have a workers board , where people can find jobs and accomodation, and place there own ads . I have a workers afternoon on the 30th april, where a lot of the local employers will be coming in to look for staff and put job vacancies on the board.. so , when you arrive , i will help where i can.:D

hiya grego, thanks 4 the advice! sounds like u know a lot about working out there, u goin this yr?

i'm sure i'll be fine, theres a few ppl that i'v been talkin to on bebo and msn that r goin out on they're own so im gonan meet up with them.

its come around so quick! seems liek only yesterday i was sayin its 9 months away now its 2 weeks away!! really gonna try not to spend a lot of the money im bringin with me so i have enough for all the thigns ur talking bout.

xxx

I have a workers board , where people can find jobs and accomodation, and place there own ads . I have a workers afternoon on the 30th april, where a lot of the local employers will be coming in to look for staff and put job vacancies on the board.. so , when you arrive , i will help where i can.:D
hi sue! thanks for the msg, thats nice of u, do u work over there? think i will take u up on that n come see u when i arrive!
xxx

Pink Panther

I run a pub called the pink panther in san antonio bay, i have been here since 1990, there is a link to my website, so you can see what its like, look forward to meeting you:D

hiya grego, thanks 4 the advice! sounds like u know a lot about working out there, u goin this yr?

i'm sure i'll be fine, theres a few ppl that i'v been talkin to on bebo and msn that r goin out on they're own so im gonan meet up with them.

its come around so quick! seems liek only yesterday i was sayin its 9 months away now its 2 weeks away!! really gonna try not to spend a lot of the money im bringin with me so i have enough for all the thigns ur talking bout.

xxx

i used to work out there a few years ago but let's just say i've got other "commitments" these days.............

some things won't have changed that much tho in many years, so if you're unsure about anything just ask and make the most of sue too!;) :D

Is it hard to get work out in Ibiza if you've never done any bar work before?
Personally Im confident that i'd be a great bar/club worker but i've been stuck in a dead end engineering apprenticeship :eek:

I've been warned against working in Ibiza numerous times because of the poor wages and so on... but I only live once :) and would love to give it a good try. Ive been in love with the White Isle since going two years ago and am going again in july on my hols :lol: hopefully to gain more info on working on the island ready for next year when im 18 8) Would love to know peoples opinions on how realistic it is for somebody like me to gain a job in Ibiza if i fly early next season?

Is it hard to get work out in Ibiza if you've never done any bar work before?
Personally Im confident that i'd be a great bar/club worker but i've been stuck in a dead end engineering apprenticeship :eek:

I've been warned against working in Ibiza numerous times because of the poor wages and so on... but I only live once :) and would love to give it a good try. Ive been in love with the White Isle since going two years ago and am going again in july on my hols :lol: hopefully to gain more info on working on the island ready for next year when im 18 8) Would love to know peoples opinions on how realistic it is for somebody like me to gain a job in Ibiza if i fly early next season?

previous experience is desirable but not essential. anyone can learn how to work in a bar for a season........being good at it is another thing entirely.

who has warned you against working in ibiza?? nobody i know who has tried it would ever warn someone against it. even those that went home early admitted that it wasn't low wages but their lack of control/money mgt as to why they had to leave.

finding a job that will allow you to work the season on the island isn't hard at all. finding a good job, sure that needs some thought and hard work finding when you're out there but there are plenty of jobs doing all sorts.

:D 8)

previous experience is desirable but not essential. anyone can learn how to work in a bar for a season........being good at it is another thing entirely.

who has warned you against working in ibiza?? nobody i know who has tried it would ever warn someone against it. even those that went home early admitted that it wasn't low wages but their lack of control/money mgt as to why they had to leave.

finding a job that will allow you to work the season on the island isn't hard at all. finding a good job, sure that needs some thought and hard work finding when you're out there but there are plenty of jobs doing all sorts.

:D 8)

Ok cheers for the advice :lol:
Only reason people are warning me against it is because im only 17 so they think im too young to decide these things, I only live once though, if its a mistake il learn lol.

How likely is it that your employer will give you accomodation and food?
And I bet there's more chance of Girls getting work than men isnt there?:eek:

Sorry about all the questions, im just keen to find out as much as possible ;) Thanks :D

Ok cheers for the advice :lol:
Only reason people are warning me against it is because im only 17 so they think im too young to decide these things, I only live once though, if its a mistake il learn lol.

How likely is it that your employer will give you accomodation and food?
And I bet there's more chance of Girls getting work than men isnt there?:eek:

Sorry about all the questions, im just keen to find out as much as possible ;) Thanks :D

just go and do it, you're young enough to to go and see what it's like and then go back in a few years time if you wanted to. loads of people go to work out there for the first time when they are mid 20s or older.

some employers might offer accomm or help with finding it but quite often you left on your own with that one.

free food, yes depending on where you work. if it's a restaurant/bar that serves food, then you'll probably get at least one good meal a day, which is usually enough to keep you going all day (and night;) ). regardless, food is not expensive at all if you buy it in supermarkets.

sure there are some jobs which girls are deemed more appropriate for, e.g. dusted's PR team was a group of dolled girls for 06..........but overall i would say that there is an equal split between male/female workers. just as much as there are girls for females only, there are also man type jobs that employers are only likely to get males to do. e.g. setting up/tidying away sun loungers, bar back, production (decor) for the clubs.

Back