Twitter

Robder

I love it! :D

First there's the #iamspartacus trend following the court case about Robin Hood airport and now there's @LauraBeddington

...I keep getting told off for finding her amusing - can someone tell me if her mindless bigotry is funny or whether I need to grow up and get a new sense of humour please?

So do I! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The great thing is I can actually hide behind that excuse because it's true.

(I work in web.)

I remember when Twitter was in its infancy I posted on here about how it was going to be huge because media planners/ad agencies were spunking huge amounts on it.

Everyone told me I was being ridiculous.

Facebook is a hateful piece of kit but you have to be on it because promoters are using it as their only method of promotion.

Twitter is equally pointless but wildly entertaining in places - am a complete convert. 8)

Geeky I know but I'm definitely not one of those consumer robots who evangelise about the latest Apple launches like they're prophecies. :rolleyes:

...However, I do find it interesting that social media is beginning to have an effect on every industry.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/nov/12/iamspartacus-campaign-twitter-airport

i love it too. there's a social media marketing consultant over here in ibiza now coaching another website, whose tweet this am was 'i'm in ibiza airport'

sign him on he's a freaking genius

i love it too. there's a social media marketing consultant over here in ibiza now coaching another website, whose tweet this am was 'i'm in ibiza airport'

sign him on he's a freaking genius

I have a friend who posts pictures of train stations every morning letting us know he's on his way to work.

Once he posted a picture of every tube station entrance that was closed during the strike. :eek:

Loving the mundanity.

'twitter makes me like people I haven't met and facebook makes me hate people I know in real life'

the spartacus thing is funny but disturbing at the same time

reminds me slightly of an exam question my father once faced.

"The law is an ass. Discuss."

I know what twitter is but looking at it i cant work out who is saying what or if they are saying it @ someone or that is them etc????

...I keep getting told off for finding her amusing - can someone tell me if her mindless bigotry is funny or whether I need to grow up and get a new sense of humour please?

Is she for real then? :confused: I thought she was a hoax, someone posing as a celeb stalker bigot :confused:

Oh she's not real...I just find the whole CHANGE to put the Great back into Britian thing quite funny.

...However, there are no racist comments and most/all of the comments are aimed at dirty fingered lesbians and filthy sodomites. :confused: (so this is where the joke kinda develops its own agenda). Getting a comment like this out of the blue is justifiably going to leave people upset.

I'm loving the abuse though. :lol:

Have been actively trying to get her to say something awful to me.

(particularly liked it when she said to Carol Vorderman - "Cover up woman! CHANGE!" :lol:)

I'm following two old school friends, my wife, Ryan Babbell, Lucas (both rubbish LFC players), Charlie Booker & Slash.

None of my mates are on it though

I have to say it's not really adding to my life, i need to start following some mail columnists to spice it up. is richard littlejohn on it?!

I have to say it's not really adding to my life, i need to start following some mail columnists to spice it up. is richard littlejohn on it?!
:lol:
In need of a regular dose of outrage? :lol:

I'm on it for work purposes. I've not got about 50 followers... and I've never tweeted! I really don't get the point!

:lol:
In need of a regular dose of outrage? :lol:

I'm on it for work purposes. I've not got about 50 followers... and I've never tweeted! I really don't get the point!

The point is

The point is

I can't remember what the point is

ah yes, I remember

the point is that you indulge your inner narcissist on a global stage in front of a potential audience of billions. For free. Whenever you want. Saying whatever you like. The only rules are that you must be concise and you must be dry.

Back