Tulum - Jan 2025 - Afterlife

MiyuSusy

Hellooo😊

So Im going to Tulum at the beginning of January, Im already planning a few things to do and see but as it will be my first time in Mexico...any tips??

I will also go to the Afterlife event, so if anyone have been there already, would appreciate some info/tips on that aswell. Maybe someone else is going?😎

Thankss☀️

Hallo MiyuSusy,

we were last year at X (Adriatique) and Afterlife Tulum. It was very special... Dancing in the jungle. Maybe we will go to Afterlife this year, too. Unfortunately X is too late in January for us.

Tips:
  • Discuss the price with the taxi drivers in advance. The way to the event is cheaper than the way back. All in all 100 - 120 Euro (Zamna - Tulum)
  • Don't forget the sight seeing (Chichen Itza, Cenote, Tulum Maya ruins, Snorkeling).
  • The previously free beach is a dream (Playa Paraiso). The other beach of Tulum is commercialized, although Mia Beach Club is pretty cool.
  • Be prepared for prices that exceed Ibiza. Assume you are being ripped off. Then you can live with it better.
  • Don't be alarmed, there is militancy everywhere.

What else is important:
  • Best time to travel
  • Wonderful ocean
  • Afterlife Tulum and X are one of the best parties of the year. Trust me, we were at Openings, Closings, one offs, peak Season in Ibiza, Amsterdam, Festivals... but Afterlife Tulum and X in Tulum are next level.
If you have any further or specific questions, please let us know...

Mario

Hallo MiyuSusy,

we were last year at X (Adriatique) and Afterlife Tulum. It was very special... Dancing in the jungle. Maybe we will go to Afterlife this year, too. Unfortunately X is too late in January for us.

Tips:
  • Discuss the price with the taxi drivers in advance. The way to the event is cheaper than the way back. All in all 100 - 120 Euro (Zamna - Tulum)
  • Don't forget the sight seeing (Chichen Itza, Cenote, Tulum Maya ruins, Snorkeling).
  • The previously free beach is a dream (Playa Paraiso). The other beach of Tulum is commercialized, although Mia Beach Club is pretty cool.
  • Be prepared for prices that exceed Ibiza. Assume you are being ripped off. Then you can live with it better.

What else is important:
  • Best time to travel
  • Wonderful ocean
  • Afterlife Tulum and X are one of the best parties of the year. Trust me, we were at Openings, Closings, one offs, peak Season in Ibiza, Amsterdam, Festivals... but Afterlife Tulum and X in Tulum are next level.

Mario
This is a good summary. I’d add the following,
- If you are on a budget then you will be better off staying in Centro (the town center is about 3km from the beach). La Valletta or Aldea Zama are very nice with a good selection of bars and restaurants.
- Hire a bike or moped to get around.
- Taxis from the airport if you are flying in to Tulúm Airport are a rip-off. A much better option is Canada Transfers. They cost us USD60 one way a couple of months ago.

- If you are on a budget then you will be better off staying in Centro (the town center is about 3km from the beach). La Valletta or Aldea Zama are very nice with a good selection of bars and restaurants.
- Taxis from the airport if you are flying in to Tulúm Airport are a rip-off. A much better option is Canada Transfers. They cost us USD60 one way a couple of months ago.
We rent a bike for the whole time: Bike rental Tulum. We paid 8 Euro per day and bike.

We stayed close to eat at liefs.

Hallo MiyuSusy,

Tips:

What else is important:
  • Best time to travel
  • Wonderful ocean

Mario

Hi Mario 😄

thank you so much for all the tips and really happy to hear that it was one of the best gig you went to...I was reading some reviews around and people were just complaining about everything😩

I will stay for a few days and for now I have only bought the ticket for the 4th, waiting to see the lineups and maybe will do the 6th aswell but will see!

I have booked a cute little hostel in Tulum, the reviews are good so Im sure I will like it, and I have a feeling there will be other people staying there for the festival so maybe I will manage to share the expeeeensive taxi😱🤣
For the last day Ive booked at one of the beach clubs with these jungle bohemian like rooms🤩I cannot wait to stay there it looks amazing

I will definitely go on a day tour to Chichen Itza, cenote and Valladolid. Was looking on Getyourguide there are some good ones I think.
Will visit the ruins on the beach and the street arts.

Thank you Lurch 😊

I will fly to Cancun and from there I will take the bus (ADO) or the train if they will open the line by then.

Guys if you will decide to go too let me know 🥳

Back