Traditional music

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody can recommend anywhere for Traditional spanish music, flamenco style etc. My auntie(76) and Uncle(80) are going over.
They both live in England but are from Andalusia originally, so would like to take them somewhere that has live singers etc on, if that exists.
Staying at Ses Savines San An, but happy to travel anywhere, they are young at heart!

Thanks

Keep an eye for Paco Fernandez dates... I reckon they'll enjoy his mix of flamenco and chill out. There's pure unadulterated flamenco too but hey, something a bit different while in Ibiza!

They used to do traditional music and dancing in traditional costume at the church in San Antonio but A) I don't know if they still do (it was some years ago I saw it) and B) I don't know what days they did/do it but it must be worth asking about just in case.

It's a measure of just how politicised culture is in Spain that a recent bid to get UNESCO to recognise Catalan rumba music as 'world heritage' provoked outrage elsewhere in Spain who claim it is the same as flamenco 🙄

Back