Together @ Amnesia replaced with Steve Aoki?

Carl-UK

The change that nobody asked for, thanks Amnesia !

One of the best nights on the island replaced with what will be....not one of the best nights on the island.

Anyone know what they were thinking?

The change that nobody asked for, thanks Amnesia !

One of the best nights on the island replaced with what will be....not one of the best nights on the island.

Anyone know what they were thinking?
Well Together was originally meant to move to Mondays in 2020, which obviously didn't happen. And then during the pandemic, the company behind Together, LNL, went out of business. So it didn't quite play out the way you imagined. Steve Aoki already did a similar thing at Amnesia in 2019 when Together was still there

Check out Louder on Mondays at Eden for your D&B fix 😉

Yeah, i saw it but its not the same kinda line-up, Together was a fusion event, it was'nt just D&B. Even Pendulum did not play 100% D&B and if you were sick of the back room, the main room played well with a good, international crowd.

More generally, I have had a scan at the DJ line-ups for Ibiza 2022 season and it looks like Ibiza has gone for quantity rather than quality this year and many of the top acts are simply touring other parts of Europe and the USA. It is deeply dissapointing.

I will check back later in the month but this could be one of the blandest euro-nobody techno lineups ive ever seen for an Ibiza season. Where are they digging these DJ's up from?

I am also sad that Cassius and their pop-up beach-parties are no more and we miss the passing of Phillipe Zdar more every day, I think the Ibiza scene has lost its bearings somewhat with his passing (amongst others) and the pandemic.

Theres some high notes amongst the mindlesses, like Defected (as always) booking Danny Howard, Clockwork Orange but it comes to something when one of the worlds top house/garage/D&B/harder-dance music DJ's like the Magician, Duke Dumont, Patrick Topping, Four, Code Black, Stonebank, Pendulum, Fabio & Grooverider plus all the up and coming acts and sounds coming out of labels like Monstercat, Liverpool etc. don't seem to be represented in any kinda regular quantity in Ibiza *As of yet*, they are playing elsewhere.

Theres some really interesting new sounds that have emerged over the pandemic and i don't see them represented in these lineups, its as if some of the promoters don't expect the punters to be bothered in 2022.

I watched Camalphats set at Creamfields, it must be killing Mike Di Scala inside to be playing out such insipid rubbish to so many people. Their night at Ushuaia, i just cant imagine myself going at all, I am having a look through the Ushuaia listings and its just completley bland compared to 2015-2019.

Don't know if i can be too bothered with this Ibiza club season as it stands tbh and i don't think the Marco Carola crowed are going to be good news for Pacha either, based on my own experiences of the type of peeps that turn up to his gigs. I think the Pacha security team are going to have their hands full.

Probably end up just getting a bag of booze from the 'offy near mambos and taking whomever free DJ turns up there on the evenings.

I exaggerate but I can't see this season being a vintage one unless there is a step-change in the lineups.

I hear you on the lack of variety. Clearly the venues and promoters are opting to play it safe after two years of no business. Tech House is simply the dominant, and thus most bankable, sound right now

Not sure if I agree re: Mike though. I think he loves what he does. And with Music On, they are getting the numbers through the door as well as the VIP packed, so I think Pacha are very happy with their acquisition. I also don't think the sound fits completely, but then again having something different in your weekly programme is always good

Maybe keep an eye on Goldie's line-ups at Octan in August. He's about to launch a techno label, so I'm sure it won't be purely D&B

I will keep an eye out on the Goldie lineup.

Also, someone needs to pay Sankeys to turn back up with a summer-long Todd Edwards and Duke Dumont residency, we are missing their nights more in 2022 than we ever did.

Yeah, i saw it but its not the same kinda line-up, Together was a fusion event, it was'nt just D&B. Even Pendulum did not play 100% D&B and if you were sick of the back room, the main room played well with a good, international crowd.

More generally, I have had a scan at the DJ line-ups for Ibiza 2022 season and it looks like Ibiza has gone for quantity rather than quality this year and many of the top acts are simply touring other parts of Europe and the USA. It is deeply dissapointing.

I will check back later in the month but this could be one of the blandest euro-nobody techno lineups ive ever seen for an Ibiza season. Where are they digging these DJ's up from?

I am also sad that Cassius and their pop-up beach-parties are no more and we miss the passing of Phillipe Zdar more every day, I think the Ibiza scene has lost its bearings somewhat with his passing (amongst others) and the pandemic.

Theres some high notes amongst the mindlesses, like Defected (as always) booking Danny Howard, Clockwork Orange but it comes to something when one of the worlds top house/garage/D&B/harder-dance music DJ's like the Magician, Duke Dumont, Patrick Topping, Four, Code Black, Stonebank, Pendulum, Fabio & Grooverider plus all the up and coming acts and sounds coming out of labels like Monstercat, Liverpool etc. don't seem to be represented in any kinda regular quantity in Ibiza *As of yet*, they are playing elsewhere.

Theres some really interesting new sounds that have emerged over the pandemic and i don't see them represented in these lineups, its as if some of the promoters don't expect the punters to be bothered in 2022.

I watched Camalphats set at Creamfields, it must be killing Mike Di Scala inside to be playing out such insipid rubbish to so many people. Their night at Ushuaia, i just cant imagine myself going at all, I am having a look through the Ushuaia listings and its just completley bland compared to 2015-2019.

Don't know if i can be too bothered with this Ibiza club season as it stands tbh and i don't think the Marco Carola crowed are going to be good news for Pacha either, based on my own experiences of the type of peeps that turn up to his gigs. I think the Pacha security team are going to have their hands full.

Probably end up just getting a bag of booze from the 'offy near mambos and taking whomever free DJ turns up there on the evenings.

I exaggerate but I can't see this season being a vintage one unless there is a step-change in the lineups.
I hear you on a lot of what you are saying. One thing I would say though, is that you are underestimating the excitement that 2 years of no Ibiza will bring. From the videos I've seen so far, there does seem to be a great atmosphere everywhere, people are just glad to be back out there, in the clubs, and on the island. People have missed it, and are excited for the season ahead.

Yeah I can totally agree that some of the bookings are generic and iffy in the extreme (I just cannot understand the fuss about Fisher for example), but I think you have to look at Ibiza as a whole...it is not just about clubbing...and I for one cannot wait to get back.

Yeah I can totally agree that some of the bookings are generic and iffy in the extreme (I just cannot understand the fuss about Fisher for example), but I think you have to look at Ibiza as a whole...it is not just about clubbing...and I for one cannot wait to get back.

I agree. Just being back will be exciting. The irony of this season might be that it is so busy that some promoters could have taken more chances. However, if I was planning things in February with the state of the world then - I would have played safe too.

LNL didn’t go completely bust , they got bought out by Superstruct (James Barton’s company - also picked up ID&T) and are still going but not sure what the plan is

it is not just about clubbing...and I for one cannot wait to get back.
We can both agree on that.

Does not look like Prydz will be playing to a dozen people at Mambo next month though, like he has done, looks like his management team decided to start him in July this year.

That was one of the most memorable moments just before the Pandemic, drinking my fabulous strongbow berry 6-pack with belvedere 'additives' on the rocks, trying to dodge Mambo securities gaze when, Prydz arrives to give us an hour on the spinners. When you see him work up close he is just as good on the decks as you imagine he is. He was quite surprised to see we were able to get right up to the decks though, probably thought i was a bit of a nutter with a plastic carrier bag full of booze.......

Its those times that make Ibiza special but at the same time, it needs to be continually moving foward.

Together was my favourite night as dnb is what I grew up on. I’ll be checking out Louder for sure but there was something special about hearing dnb in amnesia

With Privilege seemingly dead, that can't help. That would have allowed a broader set of options at other clubs. You can trace several cause-and-effect layers deep leading to 2022 though.

It;s still going to be a good year, I'm certain of that!

With Privilege seemingly dead, that can't help. That would have allowed a broader set of options at other clubs. You can trace several cause-and-effect layers deep leading to 2022 though.

It;s still going to be a good year, I'm certain of that!

Agree. I’m personally going to miss a good Resistance night. Though I like to think Privilege is “sleeping” and not “dead”. Time will tell I suppose.

Lineups are not as good as previous years. Afterlife is one that immediately comes to mind. Innervisions guys gone, lots of other missing talent. Ants is pretty lacklustre too. Bedouin night is basically them plus 1, the third act is new'ish artist. Same with Black Coffee nights.

There's just more of an influx of unknown DJs on lineups overall which makes it less headliner heavy.

CamelPhat unfortunately answered the call of the money and went mainstream. Like so many before …

CamelPhat unfortunately answered the call of the money and went mainstream. Like so many before …
Why are they mainstream out of interest ? If anything they are very much in the Tale of Us / Artbat mould which I wouldn’t say is that mainstream. I actually enjoyed their album but not much crossed over into the mainstream

Re Mike Di Scala what he’s doing now is probably the most ‘credible’ stuff he’s done. And I say that in a nice way as he’s an extremely talented producer

Why are they mainstream out of interest ? If anything they are very much in the Tale of Us / Artbat mould which I wouldn’t say is that mainstream. I actually enjoyed their album but not much crossed over into the mainstream

Re Mike Di Scala what he’s doing now is probably the most ‘credible’ stuff he’s done. And I say that in a nice way as he’s an extremely talented producer
Yes, they are very talented and I love their earlier works - it has become very predictable and vocal-heavy now. And the fact that they moved from appearances at Annesia to their residency at Hï and eventually to Ushuaia shows that imo
But each to their own of course …

Last edited:

You lost me at Danny Howard.

You lost me at Danny Howard.
Not everyone likes or understands the cutting edge but its there and Danny Howard played his part during the pandemic by championing the new sounds coming through and new producers from the North of England and beyond (RaveHouse, Patrick Topping, Prospa etc.) whilst Steve Aoki does instagram flexes with BTS.

Back