£ to a Euro rate on the island

claretclubber

Just wondering if it is worth changing out there. Current rate here is about 1.33. Unless you change big I guess it won't matter too much. Mrs cc changed £1000 the day of the election here in uk and only got 1.22!!!!

nip into a thomson shop ask how much for 100.then ask if they could give you more for 1000 and so on.plus staff rate?.ibiza as always been lower than uk and mainland spain.which resort on island also depends.san an pdb is low where as cala longa es can.thats a lot you lost at 1.22

1.22?!? I got 1.37 from asda money a few weeks ago. It's dropped to ~1.36 now but suspect it may creep back up over next few weeks depending on Greece .

Just wondering if it is worth changing out there. Current rate here is about 1.33. Unless you change big I guess it won't matter too much. Mrs cc changed £1000 the day of the election here in uk and only got 1.22!!!!
Have a look on travelmoneymax.com for best rates. They are showing 1.37 right now.

I also got low 1.30 ish a couple of weeks ago, we went to Lanzarote two weekends a go on the day of the election and 1.22 was the rate in Preston (it was also 1.30+ in Lanzarote that weekend as friends changed there). I'm going to change again tomorrow, but some friends don't think they can get paid for jobs before we fly out and get to the shops in time.

I also got low 1.30 ish a couple of weeks ago, we went to Lanzarote two weekends a go on the day of the election and 1.22 was the rate in Preston (it was also 1.30+ in Lanzarote that weekend as friends changed there). I'm going to change again tomorrow, but some friends don't think they can get paid for jobs before we fly out and get to the shops in time.

Best way I've found to do this is to get a Euro debit card from fairfx.com. you load it up with Euros on their website and the rates are great - 1.377 at moment.

Best thing is, you never have to carry loads of cash with you. Just go to cash point and take out money without any charge.

Boom.

Don't be daft. Why would they!

5 years ago we got about 1.15, prices haven't really changed much in Ibiza in the last 7-8 years from what I recall. Sometimes you get it "cheap" with a good rater, other times not so much.

It won't stop people going that's for sure! And for that reason, the prices will not change.

Yeah mate last year I got 1.40 and defo noticed a raise in prices in some bars. Just maybe a euro on a drink but was noticed thought it might go vice Versa.

Honestly didn't think we would leave the eu so didn't change my £s before the referendum paying for it now haha

Yeah tell me about it! Was in Greece a couple weeks ago and was getting 1.30 out of the cash machine. Should have stocked up haha

It's €90 in every grand you change if you changed money today, potential to creep up a bit before I am there so I'm not too worried, I'll just stock my fridge up from lidl an extra day or two

Am I right in saying that when the euro first came in, it was roughly 62p = 1e?

About that. I think it was 66p = 1e when I went on holiday just after the Euro came in.

Can't believe I was getting 1.44 just last year. Good thing I got married in Ibiza last year and not this year. Would've cost me at least a couple of grand extra.

Back