TIPS FOR WORKERS GOING TO STAY IN SAN-ANTONIO THIS YEAR!

maurice

:D 8) HI TROOPS,WELL yours truly worked there last year,and here are my observations.!!. i was lucky,i had accomodation organized and a job lined up courtesy of my employer.my first few days were spent up at the ship-inn pub,top of san-an drag.mid-april was when most of the peeps piled out looking for work,they also have a message board there with job ads,flat share ads etc.(are simon and laura stil the managers??).and a big hi to robo,and mr bond 007!.you will make many new friends there,who will help ya get accomodation lined up.eating out in san-an is quite cheap,try KOPPAS cafe at bottom of drag for a full english 3.50 euros.CAS padri the HIGHLANDER and the other scottish pub,all do cheap pub food(i forgot the name o the other one.)san-antonio has a few decent supermarkets,one being the SPAR supermarket at the bottom of the drag!.i found buying food from them was not a cheap experience,but fruit n veg is relativley cheap all over the island(crappy quality though).drink prices in san ans west end are on par with uk pub prices,1 pint guinness are 4.50 euros!.1 pint san miguel= 3.50 euros.there are promotions to be had,just look around.like 2 bottles wkd for 3 euros,amsterdam bar.all workers usually get vip passes for all the big club nights,ask your boss for details!.if your skint..hire them oot for 20 euros a night.watch out for the policia locale,and the gaurdia civil!.....nasty tossers to be avoided at all costs,if your cheeky to them,they will attack you.end of story. :eek: looky looky men are black guys from senegal to be avoided.they sell cheap tat/fake gold watches etc.....avoid at all cost.a very devious bunch.take a bus everywhere....2 euros san-an to ibiza town,air conditoned too.buy a phone!....moviestar phone shop around corner from spar shop will sell you a phone for 120 euros!....85 euros of that was free air-time though.Accomodation is cheap in horstals/hostels/hotels in april/may there are many scattered about san-ans west end,dump bag at ship inn,and go check em out.check easyjets website for cheap hotel deals.stay in one for 7-14 days whilst getting a job/flat fixed up.check out UPMARKET TRAVEL across from ship-inn for cheap accomodation.good pubs to meet other workers in april/may are THE BEAVER BAR!....THE LAST DROP.....THE SHIP INN......CAS PADRI/GODFATHERS.hi morgan!.ciggarettes are much cheaper on island too....dont buy any duty free on way over.very few of the big nightclubs are open in april/may....so head down to KOPPAS NITECLUB AT NIGHTS. need any more info... pm me cheers maurice

cheers for that advice matey! just postin to push it back up so other workers can see it 8) cant wait to get out there,never looked forward to somethin so much....

Back