Tiler and Patio layer

overlord

Hi just wondered if there was any work out there for a qaulified tiler and paver. Been in the game for a lifetime and would love to have a change. Im 38 and im thinking of winding my buisness up in the uk and Ibiza is the place i would like to make a change. Have full references if need be.Know my way around the white isle so that would not be a problem. Learning the language too. Im wanting to work out there as my wife and i recently lost our son and decided to give it a go. If there is no possibility could someone point me in the right direction, Thank`s,

Last edited by a moderator:
skilled trades are always welcome and needed in ibiza. the main problem you'll face is establishing yourself and gaining contacts but nothing that a bit of hard work won't overcome.

sorry to hear about your son

overlord said:
Hi just wondered if there was any work out there for a qaulified tiler and paver. Been in the game for a lifetime and would love to have a change. Im 38 and im thinking of winding my buisness up in the uk and Ibiza is the place i would like to make a change. Have full references if need be.Know my way around the white isle so that would not be a problem. Learning the language too. Im wanting to work out there as my wife and i recently lost our son and decided to give it a go. If there is no possibility coud someone point me in the right direction, Thank`s,

Heart goes out to you for your son.

I know a few people out here and there does seem to be a market for decent tradesmen. I´d guess your skills would be more in demand when rennovations are being carried out close season though. Repairs and maintenance of rented properties are more the thing this time of year, so you if fancy yourself as a bit odd job man, perhaps that would be more fruitful. It´d be fairly easy to contact the accomodation agencies and offer your services. Like most jobs most positons may be filled by now. I´ve PM´d you a number for Dave Bennett at the Ibiza Property Shop in San Antonio. I know they had one handyman at the beginning of the summer but it might be worth a try as they get busier now the season´s moving on.

Good luck.

Thank`s

Thank you very much chaps it`s nice to know some people make an effort to help a stranger. Thank you for your condolences too. He loved Ibiza. I want to work all year on a permanent basis with a view to buying somewhere to live. But would be hoping to set up on my own eventually. Have two other children aged 10 and 6 so schooling would be a major headache i guess. But thank you all the same and i will keep you updated as i get to know things, Thanks again:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks hun, he was fifteen and no trouble, just a lovely lad and i know he would want us to be happy, so if this worked out then i know he would be with us wherever we went. It was the first holiday abroad he had had and he loved it so much.:)

in regard to schooling...............it would be hard at first for your kids. well in fact it'd probably be harder for you and your wife than your kids, they'll be straight into it and you'll both be worried sick no doubt.

and its a cliché but the sooner the better in terms of getting them into school in ibiza............as kids get older it obviosuly becomes more difficult for them to learn the language. 6 and 10 are fine ages for your kids to become fluent in no time (and help you learn too;) )

good luck.

Thank`s m8 like i said before, it`s nice of you to offer me this information as it put`s me in the picture. Think im gonna move on this asap to maybe gain a foothold next year perhaps :)

Back