Ticket tout experiences please

Boardgrrrrl

The scenario: Sell out gig in Birmingham this weekend. I've got tickets, 2 friends haven't but want to come. I've tried eBay and Seatwave and they're going for £45 which is madness as they were only £10.

My only experience with buying from a tout is limited to a Pogues gig 3 years ago when we got tickets from a tout who obviously had a deal with the door as the tickets were for a Jimmy Eat World gig 3 weeks previously but the doorman still let us in :lol:

What are your experiences with buying from touts? Is it worth them travelling to Brum with us to try their luck?

How long have the tickets been sold out?

If there are still plenty available on ebay / ticket agencies the night before, chances are they will try and offload on the night cheaper than £45.

How long have the tickets been sold out?

If there are still plenty available on ebay / ticket agencies the night before, chances are they will try and offload on the night cheaper than £45.

About 2 months now, and there are only 2 on ebay :(

I am facing a similar dilema over Ian Brown - WHP in December. Only tickets available are £49 on ebay:( Think they were only £20 originally. Fecking touts buying up all the tickets:spank:

I got pissed out of my head in Manchester one Friday night and decided to go and meet my mates at Cocoon @ The Warehouse Project. I think I paid £45 off a tout, stayed for about 2 hours then fell asleep outside the club, got woke up by the bouncer, walked to my car and fell asleep in it until 6am which is when I stupidly drove home. That's my experience of touts, doesnt really help with your predicament but let it be a lesson to all :)

Ive seen the same crew of touts at numerous festivals and most gigs at Brixton acadamey. I love it its so old school theres one firm that runs events in london and firther afield , a nice nod to the eighties. but yeah they do buy all the tix n mark em up , ppl pay 70 euros sometimes to go to see Gutbags at Pacha so I wouldnt feel to bad. And yes im still pissed on a thursday morning having been out far too late in Vauxhall last night:):):):):):)

Out on a Wednesday night? Outrageous.

I'm just jealous coz I'm still feeling the effect from my late night on Saturday. I've deduced that at 33 I can still party like its 1999 but I feel like it's 2050 for the rest of the week :lol:

In other news the price of tickets has gone down a fiver on viagogo and seatwave since yesterday. Still ridiculously priced but now I have hope :)

I am facing a similar dilema over Ian Brown - WHP in December. Only tickets available are £49 on ebay:( Think they were only £20 originally. Fecking touts buying up all the tickets:spank:

You could go to Manchester without a ticket to a sold out party and still get one on on the night. Each time iv'e been, iv'e been approached by touts 4 or 5 times a night, before I got anywhere near the club.

It's the promoter's fault for selling early bird tickets months before the event in bars and in the Bench store - people just buy stacks of tickets using multiple cards on the cheap and sell them on...

Pfffffft - who needed touts or overpriced tickets from ebay?

Not us when, whilst I was creating an emotional scene about not being on the guest list, Mr Boargrrrrl was ushering our 2 ticket-less friends into the gig unseen by door staff....8)

We should be on The Real Hustle :lol:

Back