This is england 86

Catching up on last episode tonight. Tres difficile to watch last week. Started the episode pissing myself laughing then was nearly chucking up by the end of it.

looking forward to 'this is england 90' supposed to be based in manchester around hacienda and world cup period (which was lots of fun)

Holy **** - watched the last episode last night. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

My initial thought was that Lol would rile her dad so much that he would kill her. Glad it didn't turn out like that but was still well disturbed by what did happen...:eek:

Yeah, mega intense, really hard to watch!

Anyone watched 'A room for Romeo Brass' or 'Dead Mans Shoes'? Meadows is a genius!

Room for romeo brass is very good and the ending is quite nasty too, but dead mans shoes is on another level, very underrated in my opinion and a great suprise at the end.

Shane meadows is always good ,let's hope he keeps turning out such good quality work.

I thought everyone agreed that Dead Man's Shoes is an outright masterpiece?

I watched the first episode of This Is England '86 (which I thought was just okay) then stupidly forgot to record the second episode and didn't want to watch the rest with a chunk missing. Sounds like it got interesting. I'll wait for a repeat.

I enjoyed the film & series, last 2 episodes very hard to watch, I walked out of the room at 1 point in the last episode.

watched all 4 last night in one sweep

I was really disappointed

Leaving aside the lazy attention to detail (there were no England flags at the 86 world cup :rolleyes: - it was still Union flags. The England flag didn't really take off till 96. FACT. The bully on the scooter wearing sergio tacchini. I don't remember sergio tacchini taking off till the late 80s, when people started getting into labels in the 5th form, mainly kappa and fila) and leaving aside some of the pointless subplots, I felt that it was a travesty that the psychotic yet deeply charismatic scouser who mesmerised throughout the film was only brought in for a late cameo here. His redemption isn't explained, there are too many loose ends, he should have been the focal point, rather than the girl who doesn't the depth to carry it.

the rape scenes were nasty (although the actor who plays the rapist is very good) and the sex scenes were ludicrous - who really wants to watch fatties humping, not that funny really unless you're you're the kind of person who loves british 'comedy' telly's current obsession with gross characters. Too many subplots featuring undeveloped characters heading up cul-de-sacs. Meadows never really decides what kind of film he is making.

the nf politics of the first film was all forgotten (only 3 years later?) and the transition from skin to mod is again not explained.

a real letdown.

watched all 4 last night in one sweep

I was really disappointed

Leaving aside the lazy attention to detail (there were no England flags at the 86 world cup :rolleyes: - it was still Union flags. The England flag didn't really take off till 96. FACT. The bully on the scooter wearing sergio tacchini. I don't remember sergio tacchini taking off till the late 80s, when people started getting into labels in the 5th form, mainly kappa and fila) and leaving aside some of the pointless subplots, I felt that it was a travesty that the psychotic yet deeply charismatic scouser who mesmerised throughout the film was only brought in for a late cameo here. His redemption isn't explained, there are too many loose ends, he should have been the focal point, rather than the girl who doesn't the depth to carry it.

the rape scenes were nasty (although the actor who plays the rapist is very good) and the sex scenes were ludicrous - who really wants to watch fatties humping, not that funny really unless you're you're the kind of person who loves british 'comedy' telly's current obsession with gross characters. Too many subplots featuring undeveloped characters heading up cul-de-sacs. Meadows never really decides what kind of film he is making.

the nf politics of the first film was all forgotten (only 3 years later?) and the transition from skin to mod is again not explained.

a real letdown.

We watched one, enjoyed it but not great, but after hearing allusions to the horror of the later episodes pussied out!

I was SOOOO tempted to get my hair cut like that but I knew I would regret it when it looks like crap as I haven't got a stylist floofing it up in between takes :cry:

I was SOOOO tempted to get my hair cut like that but I knew I would regret it when it looks like crap as I haven't got a stylist floofing it up in between takes :cry:

She pulls it off really well doesnt she!

I read somewhere she is in the Plan B video - looked it up and she has shoulder length brown curly hair - doesnt look as cool!

Back