Things that you dont see much anymore

diver

Just a thought whilst off sick from work this afternoon. Things you dont see much anymore -

1. Small kids with rotten teeth at the front from over use of Ribena

2. White Dog Poo

3. Small kids with a patch over their eye whilst wearing glasses

4. People puring hot water from a kettle onto the car windscreen on a frosty morn

5. Holiday makers at the airport carrying cases without wheels

Just a thought whilst off sick from work this afternoon. Things you dont see much anymore -

1. Small kids with rotten teeth at the front from over use of Ribena

2. White Dog Poo

3. Small kids with a patch over their eye whilst wearing glasses

4. People puring hot water from a kettle onto the car windscreen on a frosty morn

5. Holiday makers at the airport carrying cases without wheels

I couldnt go back to a case without wheels, so much easier! :lol:

Rag & Bone men with a horse
Postmen delivering before 11am
stray dogs
bobbies on the beat
those bright blue 3 wheeled disabled vehicles
kids with calipers/surgical shoes

The Pop Man

we used to have 2 pop lorries which used to do the rounds by ours....

One was called Alpine and I cant remember the other one (we always went to the cheaper one and I used to always want pop from the other pop van cos they had Cherryade and Cream Soda... ) :lol::lol::lol:

The Pop Man

One was called Alpine and I cant remember the other one (we always went to the cheaper one and I used to always want pop from the other pop van cos they had Cherryade and Cream Soda... ) :lol::lol::lol:

Do you remember Panda Pops :lol:

The Pop Man

ALPINE :eek::lol: I have been trying to remember the name of this for AGES!!!

I always use to get the cherryade and dandelion and burdock!

We use to have a sweetie van come round as well. Although they sold other stuff but I can only remember the sweets. I use to get a massive mixbag!

The Pop Man

we had an alpine lorry come down our street once a fortnight. And the "breadman" who was basically a bloke who sold bread from the back of a transit van. he did sweets too.

ALPINE :eek::lol: I have been trying to remember the name of this for AGES!!!

I always use to get the cherryade and dandelion and burdock!

We use to have a sweetie van come round as well. Although they sold other stuff but I can only remember the sweets. I use to get a massive mixbag!

We had ice cream vans that sold various combinations ie a Mickey Mouse = an ice cream cone, with 2 flying saucers for his ears, and something for his nose (some kind of sweet!), then the Popeye would be the ultimate, Ice cream with a lollypop in the top!

We used to have "The Moby" (like Ron Dickson's on Brookside) which as a kid was like Alladin's cave - sold just about everything - but my main memory is Wagon Wheel's - always used to get them from The Moby AND they were massive and far more chocolatey than they are today....

......... or maybe that's the power of reminiscence.... :?:?

The Pop Man

Ever read 'Glue' by Irvine Walsh

ours was the bon accord van

and wagon wheels were definitely bigger and covered in more chocolate back in the day

they are rubbish now

Back