The Zoo Project Festival - A UK First

Any reviews on this plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

Facebook reviews are all positive 8)

Partner and I went, we had a good time.

Found some like minded clubbers like us from around Blackburn/Burnley/Leeds/Manchester who were sorting a coach out. £50 each which we didn't think was bad for the length of the journey (the coach obviously doing it 4 times). Set off at 9am, good atmosphere on coach, till it broke down just after Dartford bridge! We were only about 40 miles away :cry: Thankfully they arranged a replacement coach, which thought we were going to Circoloco and only charged the company £40- someone had rang taxis which wanted £60 per taxi. Arrived around 7pm!

Quick entrance, although we were told some people queued for 1hr, little search for glass, lad in front got perfume taken off of him, I just turned round and invited then to open me hiking bag-they couldn't bothered and poked it and found no glass.

Quickly put tent up in vip area, plenty of space, the music was going off in the background plus little parties round the tents/pods. There were only 3 portable in the camping area, a trailer with 4 showers which were a lot better than I thought-had a shower every day and only queued once, and another vip trailer of surprisingly nice toilets next to the vip tent, which had comfortable bean bags, little Asian inspired furniture and a bar and music. We didn't get searched going into the actual festival area from vip bit for drinks, but whenever we went in the normal camping bit we were searched properly for beer on return.

The festival was quite small, think about 5000 people tops, but didn't feel empty even on the quieter Friday/Sunday. There was a main tent called ‘savanna tent' which was quite enclosed, think the main tents at creamfields/global but smaller. This was busiest, dj mag/sasha/secretsundaze with a good atmosphere. ‘Birds of Paradise' where cocoon heroes, Kaluki, Ostgut Ton where was open at the back and look liked it suffered early on sunday when it was a bit windy/cold, but was good and busy when cocoon was on. The ‘Lions Den' was pretty small and we didn't spend much time in there, although the music sounded good on Sunday evening-some people off of the coach spend most of their time in there and enjoyed it. There was also a HGV style trailer when you enter from the main camp site kitted out with decks and speakers, only listened to the music here early on Sunday which was very good techno/house/deephouse and a really good party going on infront of it 8) There were some rides to go on but we didn't bother, and some stalls selling animal related stuff/hats/wigs, a few face painting station and massage beds and massively over price food stalls. The bars were normal festival prices, £4.20 for san miguel and £4.50 for a vodka and coke. We took some of our spirits in.

The weather held up and was actually sunny on Friday and Saturday, Sunday was cloudy/wind picked up and was quite cold.

There was a 5 Minute walk from the festival to the real zoo at Port Lympne Park, free entrance with your wrist band. We ate there most days because there were three cafe/bbq that were better priced/value compared to the festival crap. We went around 10:30am Saturday and paid the extra £5 to go on a jeep safari which wasn't bad to have a look round the area and animals, but you could just walk round and 1000's of people in onesies/animal heads etc were mixed in with the families which was a bit weird and there were some states walking round:eek: We spent around 4 hours in there and when we left there loads more coming from the festival.

Kimajy-Im not sure people were strictly stuck in the festival, there was obviously the zoo and I heard people talking about driving back to London/tesco etc but I'm not sure if some palms were greased.

There was also talk about a few tents getting robbed, a girl came back on our tent who had her or a friend she was staying with done over, including their car key, their car also robbed! I didn't hear anyone round us getting robbed.

Everyone around us seemed to be having fun, the music was decent and atmosphere was good- I'd return next year but maybe in a camper van because without an airbed and pillar- I struggled! Only took 6/7 hr to get back and true to form everywhere was flooded and it was hammering it down all weekend.

Back