The Siren Calls - June 2011

No worries on posting this – got to live it all again writing it up ! :D I've had so much pleasure reading stuff on the forum, figured it was about time I tried to put something back.

Mary Whitehouse mutterings are an unfortunate side-effect of being well on the wrong side of 30... :eek: when too many old fart moments start creeping up I guess it's time to start saving for a retirement home near Benirras. 8)

No worries on posting this – got to live it all again writing it up ! :D I've had so much pleasure reading stuff on the forum, figured it was about time I tried to put something back.

Mary Whitehouse mutterings are an unfortunate side-effect of being well on the wrong side of 30... :eek: when too many old fart moments start creeping up I guess it's time to start saving for a retirement home near Benirras. 8)

I think he meant from the other forum members, not yourself.

Very well written and enjoyable read, a bit tmi about bowel movements maybe, haha!

:lol:

I dont condone any form of Law Breaking but I feel its up to each individual how they live their life. Its not for me to judge anybody's behavior..... thats the job of the Police. As consenting adults each person has to live with the consequences of their own actions.

Fair dos Bez, but the others were correct to highlight it.

Safe.

I really enjoyed reading that - you certainly know how to fill your 24hrs mate :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad to see you have decided drink driving is not an option over in Ibiza for the next trip...:eek:

:oops::rolleyes: Sounds like Arthur may have to raid his piggy bank for a villa with very tolerant driver next time he decides to "do Ibiza" ...

Love yr 'save a soul' stories btw .. really made me laugh !

:oops::rolleyes: Sounds like Arthur may have to raid his piggy bank for a villa with very tolerant driver next time he decides to "do Ibiza" ...

Love yr 'save a soul' stories btw .. really made me laugh !

Villas are the best option IMO - if you cant be doing with being in and out all day like you do for a hotel/apt.

At least with the villa - you fill the fridge with everything you need for the duration and you have your own pool (but sounds like you prefer to be out and about and meeting people every day) whereas I like my "downtime" and cant be arsed to mix some days.... :evil:

Me and Mr PL always get a small villa for 4 people - its always worked out more cost effective for us in the past.... 8)

Villas are the best option IMO - if you cant be doing with being in and out all day like you do for a hotel/apt.

At least with the villa - you fill the fridge with everything you need for the duration and you have your own pool (but sounds like you prefer to be out and about and meeting people every day) whereas I like my "downtime" and cant be arsed to mix some days.... :evil:

Me and Mr PL always get a small villa for 4 people - its always worked out more cost effective for us in the past.... 8)

Thx - very interesting on the cost front - must investigate further .. took apt meant to sleep 4 this last trip and wasn't somewhere I'd entertain in. Villa wd work best with 1/2 friends methinks rather than for solo trips ? Will think on't carefully.. bit of planning prob best rather than constant impulsive sorties, and maybe finding a fully serviced villa - luv 2 cook, hate 2 shop but can't be a**ed with either on a short stay .. or cleaning a place after .. (car is bad enough !)..

Guess 'villa challenge' is to make sure things don't degenerate into a complete post-6am free-for-all if u start feeling sociable after a few too many aperitifs and bikkies and wind up hosting a messy one :eek: (deposit ? :eek: what deposit ?) Longest I've ever managed to get away to stay on the island for is 4 nights/5 days (usually 2-3 full nights).. not sure if you can do villas 'by the day' ?!

You're right, when not trekking for miles to find wild isolated coves and hillsides to have my downtime alone on (needs are "windows of a 'full' day" rather than the whole thing - but in fairness my trips tend to be shorter/days longer ? :)), love to be out and about, active, on a boat or meeting people rest of the time. Prefer the sea to a pool personally (8) - more natural). Pools for me are for washing off sea salt in, but are dead ringers for 'chance encounters' :) !! Maybe a villa beside the sea is the answer :?: with no neighbours for at least 500m :p

http://www.resortworld.com/?sub=view&resort=ibiza-isla-ferradura-1081 ?

:lol: - (dream on !)..

clap.gif

one question... how did you remember all this?!?!?

i struggle to remember what website i was looking at on my browser before the current one.... :lol:

one question... how did you remember all this?!?!?

i struggle to remember what website i was looking at on my browser before the current one.... :lol:

Memory seems to have improved with age tho' it doesnt last long if it isn't written down soon .. reckon use of Red Bull has something to do with it.

Many years of the past are, however, one big jumbled up blur. Half the time I couldn't tell you which decade the memories spring from, let alone which year :oops:.

RBV...is this some sort of Euphamism for a good roll?

Your close was epic and more deserving of finer details.

How about 10 paragraphs on the girls at temptations. If you do...i'll do the same.

"Asleep on the plane, I dream about the last three days and feel as if I've been away for a month. A friend once asked me how I could possibly think of going to Ibiza on my own and what was I intending to do. I answered him simply "Live".

Back