THE PARTY ISLAND OF IBIZA

just watched it. its a pretty standard clive martin piece but better than others and he got access to some top people. Cutting short a Carl Cox interview to chunder must be a first. It seems geared towards people who haven't been there I'd say.

he wouldnt last as a spotlight intern that's for sure

just watched it. its a pretty standard clive martin piece but better than others and he got access to some top people. Cutting short a Carl Cox interview to chunder must be a first. It seems geared towards people who haven't been there I'd say.

he wouldnt last as a spotlight intern that's for sure
yes, his access was pretty impressive...he needs to improve his dress code and stanima...still pretty entertaining. Surely he must have relented and endulged for the first time hence the embarrassment with Cox the morning after - he looked shit! We know Alfredo is a legend (not sure what he thought about that interview though!) hence your view that this was for new people.

i don't like the way he approaches clubbing and dance music at arms length at the start like its an entirely alien concept to someone his age. Then 20 minutes later he fully understands the whole island because he's had a quick chat to a few people.

i don't like the way he approaches clubbing and dance music at arms length at the start like its an entirely alien concept to someone his age. Then 20 minutes later he fully understands the whole island because he's had a quick chat to a few people.
He does mention that Alfredo is a "hero" of his though so he must know a bit about dance music, ibiza etc. He can't dance for shit though.

The most annoying bit for me is the "punters" that they interviewed. All of them looked like complete idiots, but when I went out the majority of people I ran into from the UK or elsewhere where pretty sound.

The most annoying bit for me is the "punters" that they interviewed. All of them looked like complete idiots, but when I went out the majority of people I ran into from the UK or elsewhere where pretty sound.
exactly, doing extra work outs in prep for Ibiza is alien to me! Definately not the standard punters you would meet...the problem is when us so called clubbers meet drunk twats...i only had one where this twat got into fisty cuffs and through his fag at me in the amnesia smoking bit because i said he was a cleaver dick - you just cant give a compliment these days

this is my gripe with this journo.. he pretends to know know nothing then lays on a researched history like he was there or at least 'back in the day'. It doesnt all add up but if you dont get picky its still decent viewing. Id recommend the vice docu on Liberia for some eye opening stuff.

having seen the spotlight staff party 3 days straight and write great reviews and still enjoy every minute , this guy doesn't come close!

Decent but showed too many idiots - best line "the most feared animal of them all, the shufflers" ha hahahah

That doc didn't feel like the Ibiza I see when I go ....

I thought it was pretty good. Maybe not as funny as the rest of the Big Night Out series but he pretty much summed up how i feel about the place. He's rapidly turning into the sharpest commentators out there. Shame he didn't talk about the shady club politics. I'll bet the clubs told Vice we'll pamper you like fk, but on condition no negativo publicidad ok :)

Nah i dunno...He has a formula for these things , claims total ignorance but references history / knowledge... He's like your awkward mate on a night out that 'isnt into this sort of thing' but secretly is more into it than all of you but pretends not to be untill he encounters a knob head and he the assumes rightouseness...

grrrr fair enough a better programme than many but he still annoys me..

edit - i realise its more an issue with him than this piece haha. Ive watched quite a few.

This is by far the most balanced of any of the big night out series, he normally just completely rips the piss but he actually throws in a lot of positives in this one. He references electronic music the odd time on twitter so it isn't a great surprise really.

it is ok. There was another one in spanish done that is way way more indepth, has more historical value, better analysis and overall the quality of the video is better. It is more a documentary, i dont want to sound like a hater but this one is like some brit went on a bender with other brits and wrote home about it for those that do not know. Kind of like a big invitation and advertisement (funny as it is) to invite others that have NO clue and read vice on their way to work or are deep in their studies and finally convince them to come and have it large. (lol)

Obviously a British point of view of what ibiza is. A "punters point of view".

I have seen one from a French channel in the internet, which although I did not understand much in terms of language, it gave a different perspective of ibiza. Same as the one from TVE. (spanish television) The british renditions of documentaries of ibiza (the ones that I have seen) always focus mainly in san antonio and drugs and alcohol . Anyways, there is always room for good looking film and funny stuff, but coming from vice I would have honestly expected something more challenging or unique given that they have gone to north korea looking for "thrills", and other locations looking for things that are challenging to the reader. Nothing bad about it, just nothing surprising out of all the ones that I have seen honestly. At least the ones that I saw previously were done not from the perspective of a clubber but from that of a dj, with music in mind and the progression of that in itself.

The french one was really good too. I think this one is concise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back